[LPF] Kostry Kopec - Page 37




+ Log in or register to post
Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 786
  1. #361
    Ausk remains quiet, allows others less likely to cause a panic to handle the matters at hand, silently watching over the group.

 

  • #362
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,080
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien watches as Kalgor takes charge and mutters to Anaerion, "I don't see any signs that the large creature went somewhere out here. Unless that is the reason people are fleeing."

    She watches the Crow officer's reactions to Kalgor.

    Sense Motive (1d20+5=15)

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #363
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,531

    Ignore jkason
    Kanli, overhearing Tyrien's comment, offers up, "The river of the sky washes clean even the Unclean." As an apparent example, the mad prophet uses a cantrip to summon a pile of what appears to be offal into his hand, then holds it out in the continuing downpour. The rain quickly washes his hands clean.

    Rylidak examines both bodies with concern, brow wrinkling, then shakes her head.

    "Kostry Kopec's a big city," she says. "I'm not sure I'd recognize these two even if they weren't twisted and sucked dry. I suppose this one looks a bit like the description of Marshan. At least, I don't see that many humans with eyes like that.

    "It looks like they both died from the same whatever it is that killed the others. I don't think it was a ghoul. But if you tell me one was feeding on bug-eyes here, better safe than sorry."


    Kalgor, Gragnor, Tyrien
    All sense Rylidak is being truthful and forthcoming. While upset by the state of the bodies, her general composure would seem to be a combination of her training and having already seen similar mutilation in the bodies earlier


    The half-orc soldier pulls a silvery powder from her pouch, carefully covering it against the continuing downpour, and sprinkles it over the armless form Kalgor has indicated (and which she seems to feel is Marshan), muttering something guttural as she does so. There is the faintest shimmer to the air around the body, but no other obvious effect.

    Spellcraft 16
    Rylidak has cast Sanctify Corpse


    "That should keep this one through the night. As to all the message delivery: this little near-riot isn't isolated. We've got this kind of thing going on all over; word's gotten out, and it isn't pretty. We can escort you to the Mayor if you really need the babysitting. Danae may be up there for all I know; she's a hard one to track down if she doesn't want to be. But I can't go thinning out my men out into smaller regiments than we've already got in order to play herald for you.

    "If it's any help, the priests of Xarr are pretty mercenary at the best of times; I don't imagine they'll be easy to summon in the midst of this kind of chaos. If they're not part of this exodus. Hells, I've already got reports that the docks are nearly overrun with people trying to force passage on anything seaworthy."


    Kanli again finds himself drawn to a conversation, as he says, "The promise of paper and ink is meant to float across the water to its maker."

    ooc
    This is my working out Kanli's departure. In Kanli-speak, he's talking about getting the papers back via boat.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #364
    Telepathically to Gragnor, "Watch the crowd to see who is watching us closely and is not fearful." "Yesss bosss."

    Responding to the girl's mutterings, "Summoned creatures generally don't stay long. The beast was summoned at the grove, started it's killing spree there, made its way to the surface and disappeared before it could get its permanent footing here since it didn't kill all the summoners. That's the best guess."

    Turning to Rylidak, "If that is the case, repeat occurrences will be harder." He moves over and begins whispering in her ear. "If this is Sulm Marshan, he was one of the five summoners. Glem Baskerwhel, Arlend Hyve and Rupman Myre have joined him in their grab for power. The fifth summoner that signed his or her name to the pact lived long enough to rip his or her signature out of the book. So, we know only know some of the town folk we are hunting.

    Your town is still in danger, but it is likely their biggest weapon backfired. They probably didn't expect to be killed by their own weapon. Expect the next attack with smaller summoned creatures. Trust no one. We still don't know who the fifth enemy is."


    Straightening up, "This is important information that we need to tell the mayor. Your protection spells should be enough to deal with the ghoul distraction. So I don't care about the priests now. The mayor or his people may be able to better identify both of these people. We don't need an escort. Now that we have a cart, it should be easier to get there."

    After checking that the prisoners are still unconscious and tied securely, Kalgor starts pushing the cart up the hill towards the mayor's office.

    ooc
    * Shared the important information with Rylidak, but only teased the onlookers with "we know more".
    * Pay attention to Rylidak when mentioning the other names to see if she recognizes them.
    * Expecting to be attacked on the way to the mayor's. Letting Gragnor see if he can spot who will be following/attacking us.
    * After the party is moving, Kalgor will tell Anaerion to write up a "situation report" to have Kanli return with as well. Just not doing it when we are the "center of attention" or Kanli would never make it to the boat.


  • #365
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,080
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien looks askance at Kitty and quips teasingly, "Really, they don't stick around? Oh, that's right, Kitty is your animal companion, ranger. Of course, I have little experience in such things."

    "Lead on and let's see the Mayor."

    She keeps an eye out since the tension from Kalgor is contagious.

    OOC: SK's plans and speculations sound good to me.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #366
    Ausk will put the body on the cart, doing his best to keep the path in front of them reasonably clear so that they can finish their errand as quick as possible.

  • #367
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,531

    Ignore jkason
    Anaerion
    Anaerion's understanding from his study of the book does not completely fit Kalgor's supposition. If he read the ritual correctly, the only method for sending the creature back to its home plane has been lost, since it appears the creature killed at least one of its summoners. It can grow much stronger by killing more of them itself (it gains nothing if others kill them), but no longer needs to worry about losing its hold on this plane.


    Rylidak holds her stoic facade as Kalgor whispers his information. She shakes her head at the mention of further names, then looks to him a moment, as if assessing him. Finally, she whispers back, "Gods and luck be with you, then. And punish those who did this."

    "Crows, on me! We still have a city to keep in line!" she then bellows out, holding her shield high as a rally point. The other guards, having managed to at least calm a riot, move out with her, and quickly disappear into the continuing deluge.

    The party loads the cart, and with Ausk playing crowd control, are able to make their wet way through the streets and back up toward the mayor's residence. All through the city, however, the streets seem as they were when they exited the underground cavern: bustling with panicked and jumpy citizens, many of whom appear to be collecting their meager belongings to try to evacuate the city. The party recieves stares and glares, but with the cart to help conceal their humanoid cargo, there appear to be no further riots. Nor, despite Kalgor's concerns, further attacks. The slope of the road steepens, and you recognize that you are coming near to the Mayor's residence.

    Kalgor & Gragnor
    Rylidak continues to seem truthful, and neither of you notice anyone in the nervous throng acting differently from anyone else. Nor do you notice anyone following you as you start to make your way to the mayor.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #368
    Now that the party is no longer the center of attention, "Anaerion, write up a note for Finia. Tell her that her original request is done and the papers are included. But, the town is in trouble from an ancient planar evil. We are working on fixing that too. We expect to be paid well by House Gabbiano for fixing this problem too. If we don't stay to fix it, this place would be ghost town and the papers worthless before they arrive to you. So, set aside money to pay us well when you see us."

    Kalgor keeps pushing and trudging up the hill.

    "Sign it and have the riddle meister return with it and the contracts now. If he doesn't get on a boat today, he would be stuck with us for the duration. With all this panic, there won't be any boats by morning."


  • #369
    With a nod, Anaerion pulls out a page from his book and starts writing the letter.

    Once complete it floats over to The mad prophet.

  • #370
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,080
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien wishes the mad prophet good luck, "Kanli, it has been interesting conversing with you. Do be careful and not stray from the task at hand. Give my regards to everyone."

    She waits for the others to be ready to continue into the Mayor's house.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •