[LPF] Kostry Kopec - Page 40




+ Log in or register to post
Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 786
  1. #391
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,524

    Ignore jkason
    Wishing you luck, the mayor sends the party on its way. Back into the downpour, to which the group feels they're almost acclimating (though they aren't sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing), they follow the path Danae Golthia lead them on once before, through the tangle of streets to the Kostry Kopec's entrance to the Pearl. The rain has been falling so long that there's a sizable puddle inside the entryway to the establishment, though it's otherwise frightfully similar to every other instance of the shop, a reality no one associated with the franchise has ever been willing to discuss at any length.

    "Welcome, adventurers," a lithe serpentfolk female says from behind the counter. "There are towels by the door if you have need--" and, indeed, though you didn't notice them before, there do seem to be several fresh towels hanging from the wall nearby.

    "Now, what can we help you find today?"

    ooc
    If you have actual shopping you want to do, you should still do that in the normal Pearl thread. This is here because at least one character thought there might be information here, as well.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

 

  • #392
    Because she offered the towel, Kalgor uses one to dry off a bit. "Hello dear. You may or may not have noticed there has been a bit of panic in Kostry Kopec today. Someone was playing with summoning things they shouldn't have and unleashed something rather nasty. Well, we are trying to deal with the problem. You might be able to help us save this nice city. In the aftermath of our first battle, we were able to collect a few interesting things." Having Anaerion pull out the items from his haversack, "Would you by chance know who was the previous owner of each of these items?" Kalgor lays out the ring, scimitar and wand of chill touch on the counter. "I am sure the Pearl keeps good track of their sales as well as their inventory. The ring was taken off of a ghoul. I am sure the family of the fallen would like to know that the abomination he had become has been destroyed. We also need help in finding out who these summoners are before they cause more destruction and chaos."
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Wednesday, 20th June, 2012 at 08:49 PM.

  • #393
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,524

    Ignore jkason
    The serpentfolk raises her eyebrow. Or, where an eyebrow would be had she any body hair. In any event, she's surprised by the inquiry.

    "While I certainly sympathize with the chaos affecting the town, The Pearl's continued presence demands a level of neutrality which is ... intransigent," she says.

    Sense Motive 10
    While she has no lips to thin, there is a tension in the serpenfolk's jaw which makes it clear she has some level of negative experience being on the receiving end of the policy she's enforcing.


    Know: History 5
    In the history of E'n, The Mystic Pearl network is prominent only in its absence of providing any aid to a community other than the sale and purchase of magical items
    Know:History 10
    Serpentfolk were the original ruling people of Heth.
    Know: History 15
    The overthrow of Serpentfolk by the Zeire dynasty was a violent and bloody affair, bordering on genocide for the reptilian humanoids.


    "I can identify these items for you, certainly, but I'm afraid the central hub holds purchase records quite close to their chest. It's a policy that cuts both ways, at least; I'm barred just as effectively from demanding to know where and how you acquired these items should you choose to sell them. I don't recognize any of them personally, at least."
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #394
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    OOC: Sorry, bit busy catching up from Wed night. I will post tomorrow earlier in the queue.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #395
    "A serpent folk! what a blast from the past! I have not seen one of your kind for many years. " Anaerion's soul says loudly. Anaeion simply sighs, and says nothing.

  • #396
    "Well, if your bosses don't want to get involved in keeping their customers alive, it's their business. I realize there is nothing you can do to override their decisions. Thank you for being polite about it."

    Turning back to the party, "While I could use the ring, swapping these for a couple scrolls of dismissal and a wand of healing would more likely keep us alive. And a couple scrolls of umbrella. Damn this rain. What else do we need?"

  • #397
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    When the Mayor and other strangers are not looking, the half-elven girl sticks her tongue out at Kalgor and mutters some very unladylike phrases in Sylvan. The Fey are keen on insults that have to do with size.

    After drying off a bit with a towel, Tyrien throws in her two coppers to help Kalgor. "Sure neutrality is all well and good if you are trying to avoid trouble. But, what if trouble finds you, would you wish others to then remain neutral and let you suffer?"

    The half-elven girl looks around, and asks, "Do you have any shoes..." Her inquiries about various items of footwear; style, color, functionality, etc... last for more than a few minutes.

    At one point she looks side-long at Kalgor's back and discretely asks about poisons. "Not something deadly, mind you. But something more along the lines of a practical joke. Something that will cause the runs, perhaps..."

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #398
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,524

    Ignore jkason
    The serpentfolk shopkeep raises her brow-ridge at Anaerion's disembodied voice. She mutters something in a hissing language under her breath and surveys the elven wizard, cocking her head on her sinous neck.

    "Now you aren't one of ours, are you?" she says as her gaze focuses on the spot where Anaerion's 'soul' hangs. "Isn't that an unexpected development?" she adds with an inscrutible smile.

    Tyrien's plea brings the serpentfolk out of her reverie. The half-elven archeress notes the tension return, and slightly intensify, as she says,

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller
    "But, what if trouble finds you, would you wish others to then remain neutral and let you suffer?"
    "The once-rulers of Heth are more than familiar with what you describe," she says with a sigh. She seems to have genuine sympathy as she holds her hands palm up and declares, "But I'm afraid I still can't help you.

    "Well, not with that, anyway,"
    she amends as Tyrien turns to shopping. The tension in the serpentfolk melts away as she falls into her regular role. She even gets her own mischievous glint in her eye at the mention of pranking poisons, though she does not commit to any availability.

    Somewhere in the midst of Tyrien's shoe-spree, a drenched young girl runs into the Pearl.

    "Mayor sent me, for the heroes," she says, opening a waterproof bag slung over her shoulder. She considers each item as she draws it forth, as if trying to remember a script.

    "Those should help if'n something saps yer strength," she says of three vials of potion. "There's two scrolls for lifting curses," she shudders at the thought, "And two what should help with seeing something that's gone and disappeared itself," she finishes, handing over a tightly-sealed scrollcase.

    She waits to make sure no one has any further demands of her, then rushes back into the rain.

    Treasure
    From the Mayor, as additional aid in your quest:

    * 3 potions of lesser restoration, (900 gp)
    * 2 scrolls of remove curse, (750 gp)
    * 1 scroll of see invisibility, (150 gp)
    * 1 scroll of invisibility purge, (375 gp)
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #399
    Kalgor tips the errand girl two gold pieces. "Thank you."

  • #400
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    With the specialty items she secretly sought being unavailable, Tyrien gets distracted from her shoe-browsing by the little girl delivering items.

    "Oh, potions. Very handy. Should we pass them around to safekeeping? I could cast the See Invisibility spell perhaps, but that's it for the scrolls."

    Since the half-elven girl has been busy looking at clothing items, she looks to her companions and asks. "Are we about done here or...?"

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •