[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]As the others wait, Kalgor enters the trap door, and descends the ladder into the room below. At the bottom, Gragnor deftly leaps from his master's shoulders, and the pair begin to survey the room. Their senses sharp, they don't have to step far to be able to take in most of what's there:

A large, low-ceilinged chamber, this may once have been part of an extensive basement or subcellar, but the worked stone walls have long since crumbled to reveal uneven stone beyond. A sunken area in the center of the room contains a small pond of stagnant water that reaches around a single pillar of rock supporting the ceiling. A slick-looking circular tunnel extends south. To the southwest and northeast, several tables cluttered with what appears to be alchemical equipment stand around two more stone pillars.

Before Kalgor can even decide if he wants to make a fuller sweep of the room before waving the others down, however, the telltale twang of a crossbow meets his ears, the bolt sinking painfully into the summoner's side, eliciting a cry of pain. He looks up to see what his previous glance had missed: a human, some sort of leather strap tied over his mouth, was hiding behind the central pillar. He drops the now-spent crossbow and moves to retreat further into the room, grabbing at his belt for something.

[sblock=ooc]Ladder is 20 ft vertical.

While Kalgor and Gragnor both had awesome perception checks, they didn't beat the Stealth check of the man behind the pillar. Kalgor takes 12 damage from the crossbow sneak attack.

The guy also beat the party's initiative, but Anaerion can act individually (I'm throwing a gimme that they can hear Kalgor cry out in pain), so I'm holding off before moving on to round 1[/sblock]
[sblock=map]
Lab.jpg
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Tyrien, Ausk, Anaerion]The trio waits impatiently above for word from Kalgor, and it isn't long before they get it. There's a sudden cry of pain from below: Kalgor's voice!

[sblock=ooc]I tried my best to place you based on narrative. Ausk wanted to go down second and Tyrien had opened the door. Anaerion's the only person who can act right now in the first round (whatever's below beat your group initiative, but not Anaerion's individual roll). The ladder is 20 feet down, so take that movement into account as you act.[/sblock]
[sblock=map]
Church.jpg
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Kalgor: 42/52
Gragnor: 26/26, Mage Armor
Tyrien: 40/40
Ausk: 67/67
Anaerion: 44/44, Mage Armor

Enemy: Uninjured[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion, thinking he should not need to go down there right away, starts mumbling something in a forgeign language. His outstretches one of his hands, and a glow of white ribbion starts wrapping around his hand. However, the magic does not seem to stop as the rest of the party starts to act.

His soul pipes up with "Ooo, using a big one already? You really must mean business."

[sblock]
Start Summoning a Lanturn Archon to light our way.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person, Comprehend Languages
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web, EMPTY SLOT
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Sm3: Lantern Archon, EMPTY SLOT
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Before either of them can react, the man has pulled a small vial from his waist, and pitches it across the room. A violet spray explodes on contact with Kalgor's chest, and while the summoner merely sputters, he feels a wave of weakening and nausea through his link with Gragnor.

[sblock=actions]Move: Draw vial
Standard: Ranged attack vs. Kalgor w/ splash weapon. Hit. Kalgor makes his save, Gragnor fails his. Gragnor takes 1 STR and 1 CON damage and is poisoned.
Free: 5' step to H8.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Lab-1.jpg
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Status]Kalgor: 42/52
Gragnor: 26/26, Mage Armor, poisoned (-1 STR and CON)

GM: All PCs now up

Satin Knights

First Post
Gragnor bounds over the water barely, but slips while trying to get past the opponent to block the exit. That mistake cost him. Kalgor seeing the mixup, moves around the other way and chops a heavy blow at the opponent.
[sblock=actions]Gragnor jump water, acrobatics to move past (CMD+5), defensively claw at bad guy.
Kalgor, move up around the water while drawing greatsword, swing.[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Jump should have had additional +4 for four legs, so made 11 ft. But, he likely did not get past CMD+5, so Gragnor provoked an AoO. Kalgor went the other way from expected, F5, H5, H7 through the water in order to strike.
I goofed. +1 to attack and +2 damage. I rolled as if he still had his STR poison damage. It was cleared by the potion of restoration. [/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 16 HP 39/54, Init +2, Perception +9/+11 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 20
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 0/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 1/1 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
2 scrolls of Umbrella, 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge

Effects:

Gragnor HP: 26/26, AC 25 with Mage Armor ..... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, CMB +2, CMD 16, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +22, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Mage Armor 1.25 hrs, -1 STR, -1 CON[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Before I post combat, 2 questions:
1. Will Tyrien be leveling up beforehand or after? I cannot remember when I was supposed to do it.
2. Will Tyrien be able to move down to the room in a single move action and to what square?

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk moves downs the stairs, moving as far as his limp will let him.

[sblock=actions]I think if I'm measuring that right, a double move will put Ausk where Kalgor started the round.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The man lets out a muffled cry as Gragnor bounds foward, then nearly knocks into him making it to the other side. Despite the benefit of Kalgor's eidolon, however, the man ducks the summoner's blade, which merely clangs off the stone of the wall.

Ausk hobbles down the ladder at his best speed, watching from across the room as Kalgor and Gragnor are already actively trying to kill their assailant.

[sblock=ooc]Since everyone's looking at both maps anyway, I'll do away with the headache of hiding them in individual sblocks.

SK, I can't find any mention of extra legs granting a bonus to long jump checks. The only reference to quadrupeds at all in the Acrobatics rules is that they have shorter high jumps. I don't think it matters, since I didn't declare the water in this room difficult terrain, anyway, but I'd like to have a reference in case it comes up again.

Normally, Gragnor would draw an AoO. Unfortunately, the man dropped his crossbow and threw the poison, and hasn't yet drawn a melee weapon, so he doesn't threaten. Yes, Kalgor misses even with the STR fix and flanking bonus added to the initial roll.

PM: level after the fight, please. Tyrien's current position can get her to exactly the bottom of the ladder with a move action (10' horizontal move, 20' vertical ladder). So she'd be at E1.

I should probably be forcing people to stow weapons to move down the ladder, but since I didn't stipulate it earlier, it seems unfair to point it out now, so: error in the party's favor, as it were.[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]Kalgor: 42/52
Gragnor: 26/26, Mage Armor, poisoned (-1 STR and CON)

GM: Tyrien, Anaerion, and the summoned Lantern Archon still to act

Attachments

• Church.jpg
    Church.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Lab1.jpg
    Lab1.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 50

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Hearing the sounds of fighting and everyone rushing to Kitty's aid, Tyrien relaxes the draw on her bow and holds it in her left hand as she moves forward after Ausk.

She manages the descent with her free and then sights in on the foe sandwiched between the summoner and his eidolon, "Who's that?"

She lets fly the arcane infused arrow. In trying not to hit her companions, the shaft zips past everyone.

[sblock=Actions] Move to E1
Swift: Arcane Strike activated
Ranged Attack: Longbow (AS/Precise Shot) (1d20+11=14, 1d8+4=6)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock]The Archon will spawn in the spot Ausk was in if possible. It will then fly at 60' and touch Tyrien, casting Aid on her at CL 3. 1d8+3 Temp HP

Anaerion will double move and get to the bottom. This way if we are off by 2 Malkovian will make it hit.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person, Comprehend Languages
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web, EMPTY SLOT
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Sm3: Lantern Archon, EMPTY SLOT
[/sblock]

Remove ads