[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
As Kalgor steps back and begins digging in his backpack, some of the tension bleeds from the room. The archon hovers, a slight hum added to the slight, echoing drip of water and the clatter as the summoner searches through his things. For the moment, at least, nothing seems to be coming up through the tunnel the now-unconscious man had been trying to flee through.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, I'll take us out of combat rounds for now. [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION], get your level ups in while you can. :devil:

Updating first post with XP from this battle...[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerions starts casting detect magic over everything, looking for anything that will be useful for the future.

Once completed, he will say "If we are going to continue, I need to take a short rest and read up on some spells before going in"

OCC: Anaerion wants to fill those empty spots now, while the team interrogates the prisoner.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Finally, Tyrien feel vindicated that she contributed meaningfully with her bow. The question now remains, what do they do with their captive?

Not expecting him to wake up soon and Kalgar has the manacles, she sets about recovering any arrows that survived.

"Who do you suppose that guy is? I don't blame him from running away, look at the fearsome crew that we are. I'd run away too, rather than face us. Did you see me with my bow, Kitty. I am getting better, I can feel it!"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jackslate45

First Post
"If it is one of the summoner's, his fate is already sealed. He has to die by one of our hands, or else the monster grows stronger. " Anaerion said, inspecting the man's equipment. "If he is, we will be able to get some good insight as to what happened when they summoned this creature. Maybe even the last name on the list."

Satin Knights

First Post
Rushing, once Kalgor has the manacles secured on the muffled man and his feet bound with rope, he turns to the archon, "Will you give him a bit of that temporary healing so we can question him? It is easier to have him fall unconscious again naturally than knocking him back out later for transport." Whether or not the archon gives the muffled man aid, without waiting, Kalgor starts searching and emptying his pockets.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

OOC: Level-up completed. :)
Tyrien begins looking around to examine this lower level by the light of her Ioun Torch.

"I wonder what he was doing down here?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay, since Kalgor's trying to get the man bound before the archon's summons expires, I'm going to keep counting rounds here.

Manacles don't have an action attached (and I can't seem to find anything official on how you close manacles with no locks on them like Kalgor's), but since Paizo seems to think tying someone up only takes a standard action, it's at least consistent to say the same for manacles. So:

move action: retrieve manacles
standard action: manacle man
move action: retrieve rope
standard action: tie man's feet.

Two full rounds by my calculations. That leaves three rounds on the archon, I believe, if Anaerion wants to order it to use its Aid ability.

I had to reconstruct the arrows, since I wasn't tracking them. I count 6 misses (5 normal, 1 blunt). Rolled recovery chances, and Tyrien can reclaim 2 normal arrows.

Also, in trying to look up whether magical effects extend past the summon time of a creature (so far as I can tell, they do), I ran across this bit:

A summoned monster cannot summon or otherwise conjure another creature, nor can it use any teleportation or planar travel abilities.

(Emphasis mine. From here). Now I don't feel so bad for misreading which kind of teleport the archon had. :)[/sblock]

In the stillness, Ausk leans heavily on the nearby wall as his spiritually-charged rage subsides, and Tyrien rushes forward to try to reclaim some of her misses, though many of them appear to have splintered on the narrow cave wall.

Kalgor, realizing the summoned creature might provide some aid to his plans if only he can use it before its sojourn on this plane has ended, rushes to pull both manacles and rope from his bag, sparing no one any attention until he looks up to ask Anaerion for the favor.

[sblock=Status]Kalgor: 47/52, Aid (+1 morale attack, 8 THP included in HP total)
Gragnor: 26/26, Mage Armor, poisoned (-1 STR and CON), shock
Tyrien: 45/40, Aid (+1 morale attack, 5 temp HP included in hp total)
Ausk: 73/67, Fatigued 6/8 rounds, Aid +1 morale attack, 6 temp HP included in hp total.
Anaerion: 44/44, Mage Armor
Lantern Archon: Archon: 17/17 HP, 3/9 rounds remain

Enemy (AC 21, CMD 22): 10/38 HP, 11 nonlethal damage, unconscious, prone, Manacles (DC 35), tied (DC 28)[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
With a nod towards the prisoner, Anaerion says to it in Celestial "Go ahead and do it. You are free afterwards."

Humming slightly, it goes over a awakes the man with the same spell it used on everyone else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases