[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
Kalgor takes a step back, allowing Ausk to make his way slowly forward, menacing the man with nothing more than his frightful presence. The summoner casts a spell to help bolster his companion, and feeds the two-tailed cat an agent meant to further support his internal fight against the poison. Unfortunately, the eidolon's luck seems to be running thin. Even as the once-gagged man begins to quiver, eyes wide at the continued, staring assault of Ausk, Gragnor shudders again and groans.

"I've looked into the abyss, but you ... just ... just stop, already! You've already told me I'm dead. What more do you want?" the man cries out meekly.

[sblock=ooc]I believe Gragnor's Fort roll is +8, not +5, since antitoxin stacks with the base Fort of +3. Unfortunately, the dice seem to hate him, since he only rolled a 3 for a total of 11. :eek: Another 2 STR and 2 damage. Total 5 damage to each stat at present. You're welcome to roll further saves yourself, SK, now that you have the DCs (I'm starting to feel bad for my die luck affecting Gragnor... :( ). FYI, there are 3 more saves before the poison's duration is expired.

Ausk beat the DC even for the retry, so your prisoner now responds to requests as if Friendly. The base DC on requests of him is now 9 (he dumped his CHA, which works in your favor). Refer to the Request table under the Diplomacy skill for an idea of additional modifiers (so, for example, secret knowledge would have a DC of 19). I'll let you use either Intimidate or Diplomacy for any individual request, and I'll let you stack Aid Anothers as a group if you want, but no mixing of Intimidate and Diplomacy on a single request, please (i.e., decide your tactic).

There's one minute (ten rounds) left on the Aid duration for your prisoner. A request takes a round, so you can make up to 10 requests / rolls as you see fit.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"We will fix your problem later when we can focus." With a wave of his hand, Gragnor disappears into a black wisp of smoke.
[sblock=actions]std dismiss Gragnor. Effectively suspended animation, poison runs it course later when resummoned.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Gragnor's amulet clatters to the floor as Kalgor decides delaying is the better solution to the problem and concentrates on the group's prisoner.

[sblock=ooc]Been digging around for a while and come up largely empty on a lot of things re: dismissed eidolons and ongoing stuff. Suspended is fine with me for now. My assumption is that magical effects (mage armor, evolution surge) expire as normal, but 'in the blood' stuff (poison, antitoxin) will come back as they were previously. Of course, I can't find any official word on any of it, which is either proof of my lameness at searching or of a frustrating lack of clarity on the part of the designers.

I did run across things that said gear doesn't dismiss with them, so I added that fluff. Since we'll probably have a little time while you're interrogating, I think I'm going to throw something on the General thread to try to see what common wisdom is (though obviously that won't effect this particular scenario, since I've already signed off on the suspended animation stuff re: poison).[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien is not one for interrogation, even though Ausk did all the hard work. She repeats the last question Kalgor asked, "I think we asked you who you are and why did you attack us earlier. But, more importantly we want to know what bad boy things you have been up to."

"Why don't you start with that first or we let tusk face start removing appendages."

Initimidate (1d20+5=25) - Forgot I actually took Intimidation myself. Doh!

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
The man looks back and forth between the group, eyes still wide. He opens his mouth once, closes it, then begins speaking, a cagey voice using clear restraint to hold in his panic.

"Name's Hyve, though I expect you already knew that. And, I don't know about you lot, but when I hear someone big and heavy crashing about my home unannounced, I gotta figure they either want to do me in or rob me blind. What was I supposed to do, then, offer a plate of sweetbread?

"No use pretending I'm just a historian, though. Seems pretty clear from my workshop and what that vanishing cat went through: I'm a poison-maker. Been making a good living at it, too. That violet venom I tossed was especially potent, from the look of it. Could have fetched a decent copper. Always knew the garden was a good investment. Didn't know more Crows had caught on. Not that you lot look much like Crows. You haven't killed me yet, though, so I don't imagine you're underworld types."

[sblock=ooc]The roll's good enough that I'll just go ahead and give Tyrien all 3 questions / requests (name, why he attacked, 'bad boy' confession).

As with most interrogations, simple / broad / nonspecific questions are most likely to net the simplest answers, no matter what the roll. It probably doesn't help that your prisoner has no idea why you broke into his home, though, and as noted above, assumes you're merely plainclothes law enforcement.

Further inquiries will require further rolls. 7 rounds remaining on his consciousness via the Aid spell.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
To Ausk, "Ask him who the fifth was." [sblock=ooc] Free action to give Ausk instructions. Letting him do the intimidate.

We know
Sulm Marshan... Dead
Glem Baskerwhel... Dead
Arlend Hyve... This guy
Rupman Myre... The rich necromancer
fifth??

Kalgor has two more obvious questions but won't metagame them in ooc.
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"What he said. Who's the fifth of your little group that was working below the city and unleashed something that has already killed two of your band?"Ausk's voice is quiet and calm as he seems to relax a bit with the man cooperating, though not so much that he puts his weapon away.

jackslate45

First Post
The Crows were after him before! THAT could be useful. And what is this about a garden? I have not seen one yet...

It seemed that both Anaerion and his soul caught on quick, as while the mage was thinking that Malkovian spoke with "Well, we have to examine this garden ourselves now that you told us about it! We might be able to heal Kitty-Cat with what we find there!"

Speaking of which... "Did we find any other poison on him? I might be able to tell what kind it is."
[sblock]
Malkovian is simply talking for the sake of talking. There is no request here unless Hyde reacts to him speaking. Sort of a reverse request i think?
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person, Comprehend Languages
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web, EMPTY SLOT
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Sm3: Lantern Archon, EMPTY SLOT
Ring: Available
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien looks curious at the idea of poisons and fingers one of her arrows as she considers the possibilities, "What else is down here?"

"And, where is your stash of poisons?"

Intimidate (1d20+5=17) - Might need an Aid Another.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Anaerion]Hyve called it 'violet venom.' It looks like Craft (Alchemy) is the proper check to make, but since LPF doesn't use Craft, I'll say Know (Nature) seems the closest. DC 13:

[sblock=violet venom]Derived from Violet Fungi, this poison degrades the strength and durability of an effected victim over the course of several minutes.[sblock=Violet Fungus DC 13 Know (Nature)]Plants with minimal mobility, the touch of a violet fungus can cause an affected creature's flesh to rot[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Hyve's eyes widen as Ausk asks his question.

"You know about ... but, fifth? You mean ... oh, god it's already killed three of the others? I saw it grabbing Glem, and I heard another scream. I don't know who it was. Who's dead? Marshan? Myre? Crove? I don't ... who is it you're after. But if it's already killed so many ... gods above and below. Never should have spoken the words. 'Swhy I bound my mouth! And now it'll be so much stronger..."

[sblock=Know: Local DC 17]Waldur Crove is well known as the warden of Crove’s Asylum, a building located in the Crown that the Crows have long used to dispose of lunatics and the insane too dangerous to keep in regular prisons.[/sblock]

Hyve glances to Tyrien as she asks about what else lies under the old church, but staunchly clamps his mouth shut. He shakes his head in clear agitation.

[sblock=ooc]Tyrien didn't make her DC. I'll allow Aids if you want. Whether she succeeds or not, the party's down to 4 questions afterwards before Hyve falls under again.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases