[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jackslate45

First Post
Once Anaerion finishes his identifying, he looks up and says "I think this weapon will be very useful. It is a basic magical item, but it attuned to destroy the abomination of nature. And, based on what I can confirm of what this monster is, we may have found the weapon that is the very bane of its existence!"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"That is a good thing. Nothing, especially something like this thing these fools released, should be without a proper counter. Speaking of which, unless we have anymore to do here, we should proceed to track it down."

Satin Knights

First Post
"Not tonight. I need healing, food and sleep. Look at Gragnor. He is as feeble as his grampa. It is going to take a visit to a temple to do all the restorations he needs." Kalgor and Gragnor start back towards the surface. They stop at the alchemist's lab table to see if there is anything worth selling off to pay for the temple work.
[sblock=actions]Search the alchemist's table, take 20 = 29.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 16 HP 39/54, Init +2, Perception +9/+11 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 20
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 0/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 0/1 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
2 scrolls of Umbrella, 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge

Effects:

Gragnor HP: 23/26, AC 25 with Mage Armor ..... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3 (+6 to hit while poisoned, d3-2 damage)
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, CMB +2, CMD 16, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +22, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Mage Armor .45 hrs, 11-5 STR, 11-5 CON, +5 Fort from antitoxin potion
+3 base Fort -2 Con +1 Surge +5 antitoxin = +7 vs DC 13
Final result CON 11-3=8, STR 11-5=6[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien agrees and heads up topside with the others, fully intending to get some rest. Then, in the morning, she'll take her share of the treasure and depart for Venza.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Kalgor finds nothing special in the alchemist's lab(s), though of course they're fully stocked, which brings a modicum of gold provided the party can cart it off to the local Pearl.

[sblock=ooc]Alchemist's labs are 200 gp apiece, but only if you sell them as a whole. They weigh 40 lbs each.

It looks like folks have pretty much finished up with searching and the like and are looking to head topside. If I misinterpreted that, we can backfill, just let me know. But wanted to get things moving so we can start our party transition[/sblock]

Having collected--or at least noted the location of--Hyve's various valuables, the party makes its worn way back up the ladder and through the deserted temple, where the continuing tattoo of the rain once again greets them. As dank as the underground was, the torrential downpour isn't something anyone's looking forward to. It's almost a relief, then, when a figure clad head to toe in shining black armor bursts through the door of the temple, sword at the ready.

The figure, clearly ready to cause some pain, halts at the sight of the haggard party. The blade wavers a moment, then returns to its sheathe as the warrior removes her helm, where you can now recognize her as Rylidak Kel of the Crows.

"You're alive. Thank the gods," she said. "That prophet friend of yours ... his prophecies aren't exactly easy to sort out. He went into some kind of fit during boarding of the boat. Something about a Granite Heirophant tearing down the city if he did not return with the blessed daughter of two bloods. The guard thought it was some kind of mating call," Rylidak rolls her eyes to indicate how impressed she is with her fellow guardfolk's understanding of orchish ways, "But when I got there, he just got more agitated. Screamed that if earthfire's chosen couldn't reclaim the girl who sings to bows ... "

The Crow sighs and waves off finishing. She raises an eyebrow to Tyrien.

"Too late to make the story short, but I don't think your friend's going anywhere without you, though he might be leaving battered and bruised for the scare he put in me."

[sblock=ooc]And thus ye door is opened for transition. Since you guys chose not to rest, Kanli seemed a good opportunity to drag Tyrien out that wouldn't probably impact your reputation in-town. Happy to RP that out as much or as little as you guys like. I have a hook or two in place in the background to help pull Rylidak out of active city duty.

In general, I'll be NPCing Rylidak as far as dialog and the like, though as I said a while back, since I know all the monster stats and secrets, you guys should run her in combat. I believe that's going to be SK's ball, but I'm posting stats and the like for everyone for reference. [/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 7/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Sanctify Corpse, Bless[/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak full NPC block]Rylidak Kel (Heroic Array NPC Ally)
Female Half-orc Paladin 6 (Oath of Vengeance vs. Spawn and those who summoned it)
LG Medium humanoid
Init +1; Perception +5
Defense
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+9 armor, +1 Dex)
HP 56 (6d10+10)
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +6
Special Defenses Immune fear, disease
Offense
Speed 20/30 ft.
Melee +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)
Special Attacks Divine Weapon +1 (6 minutes), Power Attack -2/+4, Smite Evil 2/day (+2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC), Extra Smite Evil for 2 LoH (Oath of Vengeance)
Statistics
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 14
Base Atk +6; CMB +10; CMD 21
Feats Power Attack, Extra Lay on Hands, Furious Focus
Skills Disable Device +9, Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Diplomacy +8
Languages Common, Half-Orc, Inner Sea
SQ Aura of Courage, Aura of Good, Darkvision, Detect Evil (at will), Lay on Hands (3d6 7/day), Mercies: Sickened, Staggered, Orc Ferocity, Oath: 2x LoH for extra Smite (replaces Channel Energy)
Gear:
+1 longsword (2315 gp)
MW Composite Longbow str +4 (800 gp)
Arrows (20) (1 gp)
MW Full Plate Armor (1650 gp)
Acid Flask (10 gp)
Alch Fire x2 (40 gp)
Antitoxin x2 (100 gp)
Backpack (2 gp)
Wooden Holy Symbol (1gp)
Holy Water x3 (75 gp)
MW Manacles (50 gp)
Superior Lock (150 gp)
Hempen rope (1 gp)
Tanglefoot bag (50 gp)
MW Thieves’ Tools (100gp)
Waterskin (1 gp)
Signal Whistle (8sp)
CLW Wand (750 gp)
Universal Solvent (50 gp)
Liquid Ice x2 (80 gp)
Scroll of Bull’s Strength (150 gp)
2 gp in coin.
[sblock=In Progress sketch]
Rylidak.jpg
[/sblock][/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk chuckles quietly, "An amusing one, that raving one. Perhaps one day, I shall catch him again at the Inn, and be able to have a full conversation with him. It would be good to be the sane one in a conversation for a change. But for now, I suppose sleep is in order, though we should probably make a report at Crow HQ about what we found; they may find it quite interesting."

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, the good news is we found the poison crafter Hyve and he is now dead. His poison was quite effective. Gragnor is going to need to visit a temple for a lot of fixing up before he is back to his former glory." "mew" "I will need a bit of healing too."

"The bad news I have for you is that one of your crows was an earlier victim of Hyve. We cannot retrieve his body now, but that should be possible after we refresh our magic. It is going to take more flying by stronger people to get over the poisoned pool and retrieve his body.
" pointing to Tyrien "She was able to retrieve his weapon. So who was E. D?"

"For now, I need healing, food and sleep. This has been an exhausting day."
[sblock=ooc]If I spend 2 DMC, Kalgor can level up. 2 DMCs should also work for Anaerion, while Ausk needs 3. We all have them, so this might be a good point to rest and level if the second half of the adventure is going to be difficult. GM's prerogative as to if we can spend the DMCs now.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien looks curiously and then nods, "I guess I better get going. See you fellas." Without even a backwards glance she makes haste to see what the mad prophet is all upset about.

OOC: Thanks, Jkason. :) Please, let me know the final numbers XP/GP and I can update my sheet. Her TBX/TBG counter can stop today.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Kalgor's news shocks Rylidak into silence, and she only has the ability to supply a polite nod of well-wishing to Tyrien as the flighty young half-elf rushes off to deal with whatever chaos Kanli has caught himself up in.

In the silence, Rylidak closes her eyes, her hand drifting up to the volcano-pendant hanging from her neck as she composes herself again. When the half-orc's eyes open, there is a cold resolve in her gaze.

"Elias Dergho was a good man. Bit of a spotlight-hound, but a good man. He's been missing for weeks. His partner reported he was off to 'get a bust that would win him a command,' but he wouldn't share any details.

"This is not the news I wanted to share with his family,"
she says, her shoulders slumping a bit. "If his body's been down there for so long ... I'd rather not use that for them to identify. But the sword was something of an heirloom in the family. If they could see that, I think it might give them closure with much less pain.

"And on the matter of pain,"
she says, moving forward. "I can't cure poisons, but I can at least see to your wounds. Here," she says. Not bothering to check if Kalgor is comfortable with her manhandling him, Rylidak grabs his forehead in her sizable hand. "Strength of the earth aid you," she mutters, and an orange glow emanates from the gauntlet, spreading down over Kalgor's body. His wounds begin to knit, though Rylidak frowns a moment, then says "Resurge, strength of earth". The glow intensifies, and Kalgor finds himself once again whole, at least insofar as his injuries are concerned.

"That's all I can do for you, myself," she says, stepping back. "So I say we get out of this gods-forsaken place and see about getting you folks some rest and reward for what you've done on our behalf."

[sblock=ooc]Rylidak used two LoH to heal Kalgor fully. Food and lodging are on the city; anything extra you'll have anty up for yourselves.

I'm not a big fan of DMC mid-adventure, myself, especially since my ability to rejigger encounters on the fly is rather lacking. There's at least one more "rest/restock" point available in the adventure, by which I think you'll all have gotten to 7 naturally, which is where I've expected you to be for the finale, but if you really want to level now, I won't stop you. I'll have to re-stat Rylidak to keep up with you, though, so let me know.
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], I've updated the first post with what I believe should be accurate numbers for Tyrien. I believe [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] still needs to give a thumbs up on them (I can send/share the actual spreadsheets if that makes it easier than the screencaps, Mowgli), but I don't think they'll shift that much.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 5/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Sanctify Corpse, Bless[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Thank you. We can deal with talking to families after the beast is slain. Now for some rest." Kalgor takes the lead this time letting Gragnor plod along in the middle of the pack. Once he gets out into the street, "Uh, which way to this inn we are supposed to stay at?"[sblock=ooc]Okay, I can wait to level. I thought were were running a little behind the expected power curve for the story. If we are on track, I can wait.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases