[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jackslate45

First Post
"Wait she's leaving? Why?! She was the sweetest thing to look at..." Anaerion's soul said, pouting loudly. Anaerion ignored the voice and says "I would like a chance to look into these men more. Also, I think we need to go over much of what we know of this monster so we can formulate a solid plan, especially as we continue to unravel this plot. Of the scrolls that we have found I want to learn one of then and have it ready for repeated use, as it is quite powerful."

jkason

First Post
"Thank you. We can deal with talking to families after the beast is slain. Now for some rest."

Rylidak's expression darkens as Kalgor waves aside considerations of the Crow's family.

"If there's time for you to sleep, then there's time, too, to let Dergho's family sleep with no further wonder as to his fate, is there not?" she says. The half-orc guard holds out her hand, eyes clearly on the enchanted blade.

"You needn't accompany me, but I'd be shirking my duty if I didn't go and offer up proof. I can take you to Mirtev Spat. That's where the mayor's arranged your room and board, and I can meet you there come the dawn." her gaze assesses the dwindling group. "The town's falling to chaos, but it's clear the only way to solve that is to make sure you lot finish what you started. I suspect I can persuade the mayor into letting me help you."

She pauses a moment, then admits, "That doing so helps me bring the vengeance I've sworn to reap in the name of my god is no small motivation, as well. I will see men and monsters pay for what they've taken."
[sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 5/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Sanctify Corpse, Bless[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"No, we wait. Three reasons. If word gets to the street we have found Dergho, or that Hyve is dead, the man we hunt tomorrow will be harder to find. If the family of Dergho tries retrieving the body, the poison from the plants down there will kill them. And, that sword is the most likely the best thing to damage the beast we must hunt. Losing it before the fight may doom the whole city."

"So, we get our rest and replenish our spells. We hunt the last conspirator. Then we hunt the beast. Then we tell the tales of our victories and get paid. And only after all that do we give Dergho his proper burial. He will still be dead tomorrow. Our job is to make sure his family doesn't join him."

"The mayor doesn't need any more information tonight. It would only leak out of his office and make our job harder. Now which way to that Mirtev Spat inn?"

jackslate45

First Post
"
"So, we get our rest and replenish our spells. We hunt the last conspirator. Then we hunt the beast. Then we tell the tales of our victories and get paid. And only after all that do we give Dergho his proper burial. He will still be dead tomorrow. Our job is to make sure his family doesn't join him."

"There are two more companions, Kalgor, but otherwise your summary is correct."
Anaerion says, smiling sadly. "Rupman Myre, and Waldur Crove are the two who remain alive, and responsible, for this mess. Hyve mentioned Crove only by sheer luck, and as he was not on the original list, he seemed to be the one that is in charge."

He looks toward the Rylidak and says "It pains me as well not to inform them. However, if these two escape because of something that we said, the monster will most likely go chasing after them. While that will leave this city safe, it could potentially cause other cities problems. If they can remain in the same city, it is easier for them to track down, I would think."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"If the two men have not left the city yet, they are unlikely to if they find about the latest death of their ally. I can't help but think that the rumor mill is already active enough that anything we can say would likely be drowned in the overflowing waters already feeding it; If anything, it might contain some of the wilder theories out there. Still, I have no intention of standing in the middle of a street late at night arguing about it; my leg is starting to get a bit feisty, and I want to find a chair even if I do not absolutely need a bed." Ausk simply starts slowly limping to the inn as he shrugs his shoulders at Rylidak, the discussion clearly wearing him out far more than all the activity that happened before it.

jkason

First Post
Rylidak's quickly-building ire is evident as Kalgor denies the paladin her sworn duty, but whatever stream of invectives was gathering behind her eyes dissappates as Anaerion speaks. Her expression slackens in apparent shock, and the gray-green of her skin takes on an ashen tone much closer to its gray than its green.

"Stop. Waldur Crove is involved in all this? The asylum warden?" She turns back to Kalgor, her expression far more reserved than before. "I've no love for your mercenary ways, but Walder Crove does, in fact, have connections in the Crows. We give over to him those criminals deemed too deranged for prisons, ostensibly to receive some kind of care for the mental ills which lead them to their sorry states.

"I trust the Mayor and his retinue, but if we've been unable to recognize what kind of monster Crove is for all this time ... fine. We bring these two remaining men what they have coming and send this whatever it is to the fires which must surely await it. Alone."

With a curt nod, Rylidak turns on her heel and marches out into the rainy night. The PCs are left to keep up as she navigates stench and downpour and continuing crowds bumping each other in their fear and confusion. The latter, at least, seem to part by pure instinct at the Crow's clanking approach. She moves through the twisting maze of streets that is the Kopec with a straight-backed confidence, until finally she makes a sharp turn at a door over which hangs a decrepit sign of a skull on a pillow.

The gaunt desk clerk stands, startled, as the black-armored Crow enters. A quick, curt exchange in Inner Sea sees him handing over keys, which Rylidak tosses to the party. She points to the rickety stairs.

"I'm sure you've seen better," she says (though he opens his mouth, the clerk has the good sense not to try over-riding Rylidak's assessment), "But the roof doesn't leak and the straw in the beds is clean."
[sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 5/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Sanctify Corpse, Bless[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion follows in silence, exhausted from the long day already. He had half a mind to go straight to bed when they get there, and then wake up early enough to start deciphering the scrolls. Once given the key he starts heads off to his own room.

Inside, he pulls back out the book that they found at the bottom of the cavern, and turned to the page he stopped at. Taking his own ioun torch out and removing the necklace that is around his neck, he has it start floating around the necklace "Hey I won't be able to read this smart guy," was all the voice said when Anaerion starts morning the same incantation to read all types of languages, casting it through the magical bond that he and the amulet share, but seemingly casting it on the necklace itself. He then props the book up at an angle, and lays the amulet down so it can read the text. "Thanks bud! I wanted to understand what it said!".

Smoking slightly, he goes over the bed and starts to fall asleep, the sound of turning pages rustling in the background

OOC: cast comprehend languages on Malkovian using arcane bond. I am about 70% positive this is allowed but I can update if not

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]@jackslate45 , I'm not entirely sure how that might work, in that Malkovian's sort of a familiar and bonded item in one, though I don't see anything massively game breaking about the casting. The major issue for Anaerion, though, is that even with Extend spell applied, Comprehend Languages won't even last half the night (2 hours out of 8).

Anaerion has the other book for Malkovian to read, but he's had it for about a week, so he's dangerously close to Cranky Amulet. ;) [/sblock]

The rain dwindles off at some point during the dismal night, though a minor scurrying in the walls manages to replace it. In the early hours of the morning, even the deep sleepers are momentarily roused by the crash smash of thunder, though this, at least, doesn't last long, and the regular tattoo of rain returning actually manages to be fairly soothing by comparison.

Dawn doesn't break in Kostry Kopec so much as it seeps in, changing the full dark to a dreary gray as the light muddies it. Mirtav Spat doesn't offer especially glorious morning fare, but if the bread is a bit tough and the fruits slightly wilted, it's all edible, and inside out of the rain. And, whether by design or happy accident, the party seems to be the only guests in the common room.

[sblock=ooc]I'll let you guys fill in your evening / morning until you come down to breakfast. I know Anerion mentioned scribing a spell to his book, don't know about the others.

Rylidak isn't here yet; I'll be bringing her in after the last of you give a go ahead.[/sblock]

Remove ads