[LPF] Kostry Kopec

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk assumes his normal stoic stance as protector of the group as they head to the pearl, with Alf continuing to chitter away at him as they walk through the rain.

[sblock=ooc]Ausk has no money currently and even if they sell off gear, his share wouldn't be enough to get what he really needs, so his shopping is easy. He can't. He's ready to go whenever the others are.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, it worked on me. It worked on Gragnor. Hmm. I will have to take a look at it again. I just learned it at breakfast."

"Ah, if you carry Gragnor on your shoulders, it could protect both of you." "Grrrrr."

"I have another scroll of it if you really want."

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I can't apologize enough, guys. Work took a sudden and unexpected turn for the overwhelming, and I've had neither the time nor energy to do a proper update when I get home to collapse. I hope I haven't killed the momentum we were starting to re-build. :( [/sblock]

Rylidak pauses a moment as Kalgor offers the sword, clearly having some sort of internal conflict at taking the sword of a fallen comrade. The emotional struggle is brief, however, as she sees the wisdom in using the most effective tools for the job.

After the party has re-stocked, she leads them through the morass of nervous people and twisting streets of Kostry Kopec. It's not always apparent with the constant turning, but it soon becomes clear that they're all heading north down the hill. The condition of homes deteriorates as the group enters the industrialized northern quadrant, which reeks of foul chemicals and sludge. There's water nearby, but the unnatural color tainting it doesn't encourage anyone to go drinking or bathing in it.

Eventually Rylidak points.

"Rupman's Vat" she says.

Rupman’s vat is a 40-foot-high but single-story building looming over the river’s edge. The mauve tint suggests the building is constructed of the same middenstone manufactured inside.

There appear to be two sets of doors at the front, and three sluice gates dumping their waste into the river along the eastern side. Three chimneys rise above each sluice gate as well, narrow and belching black smoke.

[sblock=ooc]Don't want to assume anything, so I'll throw up the outline. You're down the road a bit to the south. Let me know how you want to proceed[/sblock][sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 aberration bane longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 7/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless[/sblock]

Attachments

• Vats.jpg
    Vats.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 71

jackslate45

First Post
Once Rylidak shows where the place is, Anaerion summons back his armor for the day. Staring at the building, he wonders him best to proceed.

Looking towards the rest of his companions, Anaerion coughs from the cold rain once before saying "let us walk around the building to see if there are any other entrances besides the front door. I have the invisibility spell available if we want to use it. I also have an illusion spell that might fool him into thinking there are more than one Crow raiding him. He might try to target them instead. "

[sblock]
Cast Mage Armor before the approach.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (8/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian: Is Temperamental. Does not gain access to the following abilities.

Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2, Fly
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Oh, yeah." Kalgor mutters his own incantation of preparation for Gragnor. Pondering the situation, "Well, Mr. Stealthy can scope the place out. Big place. Well, I'll use this too." Pulls a scroll and reads it. Looking at Gragnor, "Go take a look and see if there is a quiet way to get in." "Rright. Ssneeeky." Turning back to the others, "Another way is to simply knock on the door and say we are here from Venza to secure contracts for middenstone." Looking the paladin square in the face, sheepishly he adds, "That's true."

[sblock=actions]Cast Mage Armor on Gragnor, talk to plot, Gragnor stealthfully sneaks around the building.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 16 HP 54/54, Init +2, Perception +9/+11 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 20
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 1/1 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Mage Armor*(3h), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (60 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge, 4 Cure Light Wounds potions (each carrying one)

Effects:

Gragnor HP: 26/26, AC 25 ..... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3 +1d6 Shock damage each
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, CMB +2, CMD 16, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +22, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: STR 11-1
, Mage Armor 3 hours, Unfettered by range for 10 minutes[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Rylidak chuckles at Kalgor's nod to what he assumes is her code.

"Kopec law allows the Crows to lie in the course of interrogation or covert operations," she assures him. "I've no interest in painting a giant target on my chest just for the sake of full disclosure. But, agreed, lies of omission are a bit easier to pull off."

The party readies itself, and Gragnor slinks off through the rain to make an exterior check of the building while the others hold back.

"Bosss? Knocking might not work," the cat sends back as he approaches the front and catches sight of a sign hanging from the front door. "'Closed for Maintenance,'" he reads. With a mental shrug leaving the decision in the hands of his partner, Gragnor returns to his scouting.

He loops around the western side of the building until he feels the tug on the ethereal cord binding him to Kalgor, and reports no signs of entry along the wall as far as he can see. Coming back around front, he gets to the edge of the befouled water and hesitates.

"I guesss we could go up the tubes, but ..." Kalgor can feal the nausea from Gragnor at the thought of swimming through the unnaturally-colored water, then moving up against the flow of manufacturing waste.

[sblock=ooc]The factory is too long for Gragnor to get all the way around without passing the 100 foot mark and halving his HP. Since this time you didn't give a prior okay on that, I didn't want to assume. He got about halfway up the west side without sign of other doors or windows. On the east side--again going from past experience--I didn't force him into the water, but to the shoreline to survey up that side.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 aberration bane longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 7/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless[/sblock]

Attachments

• Vats.jpg
    Vats.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 64

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oops, I didn't list which scroll in the "actions" section. It was a scroll of Unfetter, so he could go beyond his distance for 10 minutes.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ah, okay, that makes more sense. I wondered what his 'reading from a scroll' bit was about, but thought I must be missing some bit of reference he was reading up on. :)[/sblock]

Though oddly much more delayed than expected, Kalgor and Gragnor feel an unraveling at the core of their link.

"Cut rate sscrroll," the cat mutters mentally.

Whatever the cause, now no longer bound by his normal etherial life link, Gragnor makes his way the rest of the way around the factory. Unfortunately, other than finding continuing foul smells, the eidolon discovers no new entrances into the building. The two sets of doors at the front or the unsavory waste sluices appear to be the only way in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases