[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jackslate45

First Post
With a wave of his hand, Anaerion dismisses the leapord. He starts to make his way over to the body of the the caster they defeated, and starts to look through the man's pockets, looking for anything and everything that could be useful. He is a little startled when Ausk and his weasel start having an argument about....wait did the weasl talk before?

"Hey look! They are getting along swimmingly now! I think. What are they saying?" "For once, I have no idea." "Lame."

Once Anaerion gathers everything, he retreats to the man's office, and begins to see what is magical amongst his items.

[sblock]
Loot the body, and cast detect magic. See if there is a spell book on him ;)

But, more importantly, 4th level spells WOOT!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 51Current: 51
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 10 Rounds

Malkovian: Is Temperamental. Does not gain access to the following abilities.

Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Open Slot
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Fly, Summon monster 3: Leaoprd
Level 4: Open Slotx3
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
As Ausk and his weasel enter into an indecipherable argument, Anaerion turns the body onto its back, then sifts through the blood-stained robes of the man. With his face cloth removed, Rylidak confirms this is Rumpman Myre, the middenstone baron.

"No wonder he could undercut the other middenstone factories," she mutters as she looks across the now decimated zombie workforce.

The elf puts both mundane and mystic senses to the task of searching Myre's corpse. The warm red of a moderate evocation aura draws the wizard's gaze first to the ring on the man's left hand. He recognizes patterns of a ring designed to counter spells, though this one is currently empty. He wears a similar ring on his other hand, though this has no magical glow; Anaerion suspects it may have been the object bonded to him, and thus of no real value after the caster's death.

Inside the robes, a vial glows with the spinning violet of a potion made to heal moderate wounds in a body.

There are no more magical items on his body, though Anaerion does spot a large key ring on the man's belt. There are several standard-looking keys, and another of a clearly different make. The key's bow includes an elaborately-etched C.

Up the steep middenstone staircase Anaerion moves to continue searching. The door to the next room is locked, but it takes only a few tries of the ring to find the right key. A small cot lies in one corner of this room, opposite a desk and rickety wooden chair. A door to the north hangs ajar, revealing a small water closet in the alcove beyond. There is a stench in here different from the factory proper, and it takes Anaerion little time to discover the source: In the rubbish bin lie the charred remains of papers and bindings. Digging through them shows just enough runic script to tell Anaerion that he has found Myre's spellbooks, though they are now as dead as the caster himself.

[sblock=ooc]Myre is wearing a Ring of Counterspells (no spell cast on it yet), carrying a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, and also has a standard dagger and a ring of keys. I'll update the first post with loot now. [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion sighs when he finds the remains of the spellbook. Even his soul sounds mad at the disposal of it "Really? Burning a book? I am glad you killed him now. Such a waste."

[sblock]
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sad Anaerion is sad :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 51Current: 51
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 10 Rounds

Malkovian: Is Temperamental. Does not gain access to the following abilities.

Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Open Slot
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Fly, Summon monster 3: Leaoprd
Level 4: Open Slotx3
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
After retrieving his dropped weapons, Kalgor joins the others in searching the office. After seeing the ashes of the spellbook, he goes back out and down to the lower platform, just to stab the dead body once again. "Spiteful fool!"

Eventually, he notices that Gragnor is limping a bit, and tends to his wounds. After feeling a bit better, "I feeelss a change coming onn." Kalgor dismisses Gragnor, taps his foot for a couple of minutes, and then resummons the kitty.

"Betterr. Lett mee seee." Scrambling back up the stairs onto the platform and backing up for a running start, Gragnor jumps off of the platform, clears the middlestone pits, and lands of the catwalk at the far end of the building where the stairwell is. Turning around, he returns this time, without even taking the running start. "Thhat workss."
[sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 17 HP 63/63, Init +2, Perception +11/+13 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +7, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Sling +6, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 1/1 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge, 4 Cure Light Wounds potions (each carrying one)

Effects: In hand = +1 greatsword, Sickened

Gragnor HP: 38/38, AC 25 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +9, d4+1; Claw +9, d3+1; Claw +9, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +3, CMD 17, Evasion
Perception +6, Stealth +14, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce
Effects: STR 11-1
, Mage Armor 2.50 hours, Sickened -2

Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 53
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 aberration bane longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 1/2, 1 used
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 6/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless
Effects: Sickened[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Rylidak raises an eyebrow as Kalgor vents his frustration on the corpse, then keeps it raised as Gragnor shows off his new mobility. She says little else, however, perhaps still queasy from the fumes in the factory.

[sblock=ooc]heh. I have no idea why it amuses me that Kalgor's stabbing dead bodies over, but it gave me a giggle, anyway.

Let me know if there's anything else you guys want to do here. If not, just let me know what the plan is: Pearl to restock? Inn to rest? A report to the Mayor? Straight on to the Asylum? Or something else entirely? [/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Without a lot more money, Ausk has no reason to visit the pearl. I would say either to the inn to rest or ask around about the one remaining guy to figure out how to best get to him and what he is capable of in combat.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Either back to the inn so Anaerion can put Dispel Magic into his spell book, or onto the next place for some scouting. I picked up Arcane Eye, so both myself and Grangor can scout. Or both even. Anaerion picked uo fast study, so it would only take a minute to get his 4 open slots filled. [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Back to the inn for lunch and to let our mage fully prepped. We already know we need to storm the asylum to get the last bad guy, Crove. A little background about the asylum from Rylidak to prep with would be nice. If she could draw a map, that would be better. ;)

Kalgor has several first level scrolls to choose from as well. Maybe stop at the Pearl first to get a couple of books for Malkovian. I think we are going to need him happy for the last two fights. He would be really unhappy if Anaerion gets to stop and read for an hour and he doesn't. :p

So, Pearl first, then Inn to prep spells and plan a battle map. Anaerion keeps the ring and charges it up.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Back to the inn for lunch and to let our mage fully prepped. We already know we need to storm the asylum to get the last bad guy, Crove. A little background about the asylum from Rylidak to prep with would be nice. If she could draw a map, that would be better. ;)

Kalgor has several first level scrolls to choose from as well. Maybe stop at the Pearl first to get a couple of books for Malkovian. I think we are going to need him happy for the last two fights. He would be really unhappy if Anaerion gets to stop and read for an hour and he doesn't. :p

So, Pearl first, then Inn to prep spells and plan a battle map. Anaerion keeps the ring and charges it up.[/sblock]
OOC: Anaerion already picked up 40 gp worth of books last visit I forgot to add it when I bought the dispel magic scroll, but looking at the mystic pearl thread I did have it there. So no need to head there.

Remove ads