[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jackslate45

First Post
Once Anaerion returns from his study, he nods towards Kalgor to allow him time to start buffing up.

He then turns towards the rest of the party and starts with "Let me go over what we know about this monster, in case it shows up. First, we know that no one as ever seen it before. I am willing to bet that it is invisible. Second, alchemical items have no effect on it. Neither Fire nor Cold effected it, from Hyve's discussion. It also can see without its eyes, so blinding and fog will not be useful. Finally, I can confidently say that we have already weakened it, because 2 of the 3 men who summoned it are now dead. We should have a much easier time once we kill Crove."

With a chime of "Well, it shouldn't be too hard. I mean, you already dealt with rubber tentacles. How hard could killing this creature be?" from Anaerion's soul, Anaerion smiles and says "I'm ready when you are."
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 10 Rounds

Malkovian: is happy again!
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Enlarge Person
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Fly, Summon monster 3: Leaoprd
Level 4: Dimenstion Door, Arcane Eye, Dispel Magic (Prepared as level 4)
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Weakened, or strengthened? It sounded to me like this thing was the hunter, seeking their death to make itself that much more powerful, but perhaps I understood wrong."

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Bah. Sorry 'bout that, SK. I had my head screwed on backwards, and for no good reason kept thinking 'lesser restoration' not 'lesser rejuvenate.' So I ditched the 1 STR damage when I should have fixed the HP instead. Thanks much for keeping me on the path, SK :) (and now you've actually used lesser restoration, so Gragnor's all good).

Okay, so Rylidak's the only one carrying any damage (3hp down), and the gear appears to be distributed to everyone's liking.

Also, because I'm not intentionally trying to confuse folks on this score: the book told you guys that the Spawn only gains strength in the case where the beast itself kills its callers; if they die by other means (as the two you've killed), the creature gains no power. Okay, let's get things moving. Good luck. :devil:[/sblock]

Studies, healing, and redistribution of equipment complete, the party gathers together and heads back out into the streets of Kostry Kopec. The rain remains a constant annoyance, but at this point, you're starting to wonder what it was like to walk around outside without it. The panicked crowds have started to thin, though that's likely more due to their having made it out of the beseiged town than due to decreased tension.

Rylidak's stoic presence doesn't seem to do anything to assuage the nerves of those you do encounter, but they at least seem to keep their distance as the group makes its way one more time though the tangles of the kopec's streets. The vaguely brighter bit of clouds above might be the sun, but its cold light does little more but maintain your bearings as Rylidak leads you down the hill to the southeast corner of the town.

Unlike most of the rest of the town, The large asylum building appears to made from actual stone, not the 'midden' variety. The front of the single story structure also boasts no windows. The grounds out front appear to be deserted as you approach the wrought iron gate with its stylized "C" -- anyone who looked at Myre's keys will recognize that this letter matches what they found on the odd key from the middenstone baron's keyring. The gate itself stands unbarred, and as you gaze down the short drive, keen eyes notice that the front door appears to be slightly ajar, as well.

[sblock=ooc]Map attached. You and the gate are off the western side of the map, by however much you're interested in being (the doors you see on the map are the front doors to the building). The gate is attached to a wall that's low enough you don't have to worry about any skill checks to hop it. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Asylum1.jpg
    Asylum1.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 80

jackslate45

First Post

Anaerion stares at the open doors with slight concern. "Um, wasn't the other guy's doors locked? Why would Crove's door be open? I have a spell that will let me scout ahead, so not to put Grangor at risk. At any rate, the key will not be needed."

[sblock]
With both Hyve's and Myre's doors locked, and this being their (supposed) boss, either Crove forgot, or its a trap.

If no one stops him, Anaerion is going to scout with Arcane Eye. DC 24 Perception check to spot it.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 10 Rounds

Malkovian: is happy again!
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Enlarge Person
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Fly, Summon monster 3: Leaoprd
Level 4: Dimenstion Door, Arcane Eye, Dispel Magic (Prepared as level 4)
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Upon leaving the inn, Kalgor once again casts his protection against the perpetual rain of this forsaken city for himself and the cat.

arriving...

When the mage wants to take the lead in sneaking, Gragnor bows and flourishes with his paw, "Go ahead."

[sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 17 HP 63/63, Init +2, Perception +11/+13 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +7, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Sling +6, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility(2 K, 1A), Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge(Ausk), 4 Cure Light Wounds potions (each carrying one)

Effects: In hand = +1 greatsword, Umbrella (.9 hours)

Gragnor HP: 38/38, AC 25 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +9, d4+1; Claw +9, d3+1; Claw +9, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +3, CMD 17, Evasion
Perception +7, Stealth +14, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +19, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce
Effects:
Mage Armor 2.9 hours, Umbrella (.9 hours)

Rylidak Kel
Initiative:
+1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 65 Current: 62
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 aberration bane longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 1/2, 1 used
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Melee: +1 Aberration bane Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20)(+2 dmg two-handed, +2 hit and +2d6 damage vs. aberrations)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands), Lunge (+5' reach melee / -2 AC)

Lay on Hands: 6/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 3/3 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 7 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless
2nd (DC 16): Weapon of Awe
Effects: None[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll give SS21 time to chime in, and if he doesn't object, we'll go for it. I assume you're using the "look at everything" version, which moves 100 ft / minute? Also, is Anaerion making use of the Ring of Counterspells? If so, let me know which spell he's cast on it. No worries either way, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll give SS21 time to chime in, and if he doesn't object, we'll go for it. I assume you're using the "look at everything" version, which moves 100 ft / minute? Also, is Anaerion making use of the Ring of Counterspells? If so, let me know which spell he's cast on it. No worries either way, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.[/sblock]

[sblock]
Ring: I am considering dispel magic, but am waiting for the result of the eyes to decide.

Eye: That works.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Knowing that sitting at the front gate for a lengthy stay would only ask for trouble, Rylidak jabs her chin to a nearby alley where the party will have a line of sight to the asylum's front door without having to sit in the open while Anaerion works.

The elf digs out a bit of bat fur from his pouch, then begins a very lengthy ritual. Muttering under his breath, he traces several intricate patterns in the air. Each sweep of his hand slowly builds the glowing representation of an eye in the air, each syllable seeming to give the construct more solidity.

A full ten minutes passes as the party watches the process, then finally, the giant eye blinks once and vanishes from sight. Anaerion finds himself possessed of a direct, close up view of the gap in the front door to the asylum. Dim light flickers beyond, though such has always been enough for his elven sight. He nudges with his mind, and the vision proceeds inside.

The entryway is clear of furniture, but not of people. Three figures are spaced around the entryway, each bound tightly by ropes and straight-jackets. The man to the north merely rocks back and forth, knees to his chest. The flickering light of the candles in wall sconces gives him a glazed look.

A woman to the east of the room has just enough slack to be laying on the floor, where she licks at the filthy surface. She's apparently been here long enough that she's licked clean nearly all of the floor she can reach, though her blackened tongue continues to seek out more.

The young man to the south is much like the first. He rocks slowly, biting his lip. Like the woman, however, he's apparently been at his activity for a good long while. Blood runs down his chin and stains the front of his shirt as Anaerion takes in the fact that the man hasn't just been biting his lip; he's managed to eat most of it. Neither pain nor blood seem to have fazed him, however.

There are five doors out of the entry hall: a pair of double doors at the east end, Doors into rooms directly to the north and south of the eastern exit, and a fifth door nearer the entrance and to the south. All of them, like the front door of the Asylum, lie cracked open...

[sblock=ooc]Alrighty, I'm going to try to make this as simple as possible, and let me know if you guys want me to modify in some way:

With the 'look at everything' method for Arcane Eye, the eye can move 100 ft / minute. The duration of the spell is 7 minutes at Anaerion's current level. I plan on just counting out 700 feet, then calling the duration expired. I think that's easier than trying to figure out if something is or isn't a pause, etc.

Because I'm assuming the eye's constantly moving, then, and Anaerion's relaying info as he gets it, I'll reveal the map, but won't be adding NPCs to it. I'll leave it up to you guys to note where / how many folks are in any location in whatever detail you like. It seems a decent compromise between forcing you to create your own map and just throwing open the floodgates for everything.

Sound good?

If so, I just need to know which door Anaerion wants to try first. :) [/sblock]

GM: Distance remaining: 695 / 700 ft.

Attachments

• Asylum1.jpg
    Asylum1.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 81

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion shakes his head after describing the men and women in the room, but keeps concentrating to move his eye forward.

[sblock=Left hand Rule]
Move like this:
C15->F15->G14-> G13. Should be 30'
[/sblock]

Remove ads