[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
The invisible eye floats on, Anaerion's scrying magics unnoticed by the souls strapped into the room. Floating to the northwest, the eye enters the door hanging ajar there. A single, heavy metal chair sits bolted to the floor, heavy leather restraining straps attached to its arms and legs. Anyone seated in it would be facing the large blackboard on the opposite wall. While there is nothing written on it, the pattern of gouges suggest that someone hasn't been shy about applying his or her fingernails to it.

This room has no inhabitants, but the eye shows Anaerion that there is another room: a small door stands ajar on the eastern wall.

[sblock=ooc] I count 30' total, as well, including the 5' it took to enter the building. I believe every other diagonal counts as two squares, so I'm going to note how many you've taken so I don't have to dig back

670 / 700 feet remaining (1 diagonal)[/sblock]

Attachments

• Asylum1.jpg
    Asylum1.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 110

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion instructs the eye to keep moving.

[sblock=Insructions]
G13->F12(10)->F11(5)->E11(Observe)(5) ->F11(5)->G12(5)->G14 (Observe)(10) ->H14(5) = 25'

Left hand rule keeps plugging away.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry, guys. Weekends are increasingly bad for me to post. :(

js45, I came up with 45' of movement for the pattern you just described, not 25. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Also, since I think the pattern is pretty clear at this point, unless I mention that a door is closed, assume it's ajar and the eye can float past it to whatever lies beyond.[/sblock]

Drifting through the other door, Anaerion sees a smaller office connected to the room with the restraining chair. It seems rather neat and unremarkable, as well as being uninhabited.

Returning to the entryway, the elf pushes his preternatural sensor through the set of double doors to the east. Narrow hallways with the same weak, flickering candlelight sconces lead north and south, both of them continuing around corners. There is a door close by along the northern hallway (H12), and the far end of the northern hallway has another door ajar (H6).

The eastern hallway is much wider, with another set of ajar double doors at the far end (N14 & N15). The doors that flank this wide hallway (L14 & L15), however, catch Anaerion's magical eye. While the others are cracked open, these two hang wide open. He thinks, too, that he sees the shadows from these open doorways moving with more than the flicker of candlelight. He can't tell from his present angle, but he believes someone lies on the other side of each one, if the shadows are to be believed.

GM: 625 / 700 feet remaining (3 diagonals)

Attachments

• Asylum1.jpg
    Asylum1.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 103

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion urges the eye forward (H14 ->L14) to investiagte these wide open doors.

After re-interating what he sees towards the rest of the group, Anaerion contineues with "It seems that we are getting invited into this place. It appears he somehow knows we are comming. "

jkason

First Post
At Anaerion's mental command, the eye continues forward to the open doors. Each opens onto the top landing of a descending stairwell. Much like in the lobby, each landing has another straightjacketed figure held in place, this time, with chains: on the northern landing, an emaciated young girl sways to and fro with her eyes closed, lips pursed and sucking on the ends of wispy hair she's managed to catch in her mouth. The southern landing holds a young man with wild eyes and circles shaved out of the hair along his head. He appears to be muttering something as his eyes dart about, but the magical eye can only share visual information, so Anaerion can only guess as to the content of the manic mumurings. As before, the asylum residents don't seem to feel the scrying eye upon them.

GM: 605 / 700 feet remaining (3 diagonals)

Attachments

• Asylum1.jpg
    Asylum1.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 102

jkason

First Post
Anaerion maneuvers the eye into the closest stairwell and down. At the bottom, he discovers another man at the foot of the stairs. Chained like the mirrored prisoner above, though this time merely with an ankle manacle. He is free to stand, and his hands free, as well. It's also evident the poor soul has put those hands to some use: Scrawlings of gibberish cover the walls the man can reach, and the elf finds himself thankful his spell only transmits sensory information of a single sort when he watches the man reach into the back of his trousers for more ... 'ink' for his writings.

Not wishing to dwell on it, Anaerion angles the eye past the occupied scribbler, around the corner and into the hallway outside the stair. The stone tiles on the floor here are of a deep green. The opposite stairwell is exposed like the one Anaerion used. Like the other, he sees a figure milling about, glazed look on his face and chain on his ankle. This one seems less interested in writing, instead merely spinning in place until his chain is wrapped taught around his legs, then unwinding and winding up the other direction.

To the west, the hall ends in a large pair of massive iron doors, while to the east the hall opens into a room containing a round table and a few chairs. Or, rather, the remnants of same. A quartet of humanoids stand amidst wooden rubble, the legs and shapes of which suggest furniture. Anaerion has no idea if the quartet are responsible for the damage, but given that they're all brandishing pieces at one another and swinging poorly in an effort to put the pieces to work as weapons, it's likely. Some of them are speaking, though as before, Anaerion's spell gives him no way to tell what they're saying; again, however, the combination of words while waving chair legs like clubs suggests they're threatening one another.

Chains are evident here, as well, though for some reason this group of drooling, glossy-eyed souls have a longer leash, giving them the run of the room, though they seem to be tethered enough to avoid leaving it.

An iron door in the southern wall of the eastern room hangs wide open; The door to the north is closed.

GM: 580 / 700' remaining (3 diagonals)

Attachments

• Asylum2.jpg
    Asylum2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 102

Satin Knights

First Post
So as to not to disturb the concentrating mage, Gragnor and Kalgor pass the time by playing tic-tac-toe in the dirt at their feet. So far, Gragnor's up three games over Kalgor.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk settles in quietly as the weasel chooses this time to launch into some kind of spiel, and gets rather more animated than you've ever seen a weasel get. If Ausk notices the weasel, he makes no indication of it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases