[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
Crove, too, falls victim to Anaerion's grease, but even as he lands on the rough stone, the man laughs. A cold, emotionless cackle.

"Why thank you, elf," he says, gesturing to where Kalgor lies prone beside him. "The blade had me a bit worried."

With a small woosh of air, Crove disappears from view, popping back into place right next to Anaerion. No longer worrying about grease beneath him, the man rises and draws his dagger.

"But then, I'm sure you know how fragile casters can be?"

[sblock=ooc]Crove failed his save. Used his standard action to invoke his Dimensional Steps ability, teleporting to N16. I'm slightly unclear on how that interacts with being prone. He's moving his body magically through space; it seems logical to me he can orient it how he pleases, but I'm not sure. At the very least, since it isn't the telportation subschool ability, he still has his move action.

I'm unfortunately also unclear on if the move action to stand counts as movement for purposes of 'drawing a weapon as part of movement.' So, ugh on that.

In any case, he's at least standing next to Anaerion. I think he can have his dagger out, but if you guys have better reference, I'm fine with keeping him unarmed since I don't have the time to dig deeper for reference one way or the other.

Status
Rylidak: 62/65, Nauseated 4/5 rounds
Gragnor: 38/38, Mage Armor, Nauseated 4/5 rounds
Ausk: 94/94, Nauseated 2/3 rounds
Kalgor: 63/63, Prone (Acro DC 10 check to stand?)
Anaerion: 51/51, Mage Armor

Crove (AC 18): 42/42, Uninjured, Protection from Good effect[/sblock]

GM: PCs up

Attachments

• Asylum2.jpg
    Asylum2.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 135

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk moves up to M-16, unable to do anything to do much, but his pet is less encumbered by the nausea (Fort save (1d20+5=24)), and the weasel moves to attack where his master may not. Doing a unexpected and beautiful flying leap out of the pouch where he had been watching the battle develop (Acrobatics (1d20+10=30)), he sinks his teeth into Crowe's hide, and is clearly prepared to hang on for the ride (attack (1d20+4=18), 1 subdual damage + attach).

OOC: It may not be much, but its better than nothing.

jackslate45

First Post
It wasn't until after Anaerion casted his spell did he realize his error. Even Malkovian himself says "Um...I think you didn't think it through there kid." as the only non puking fighter falls to floor.

Once Croove gets in front of him, Anaerion has little choice but to take a step back, corning himself into a hallway. With a yell that hopefully Rylidak can here: "Rylidak! Get In Front of me! HURRY! "

Switching to elven Anaeiron mutters under his breath "Alright Malkovian, is there anything else you can do to help us now? I think we could really use the help" before slamming his hands together and starts weaving magic through his body again to open up another gate to the celestial realms, calling back a lantern archon again.

[sblock]
Malkovian: Bad mouthing Anaerion...

Anaerion: 5' step back, start summoning a lanturn archon again, but not before telling Rylidak to cover him and ask Malkovian for help. As Anaerion only knows 2 of Malkovian's abilities, hopefully we can use one of the other two now...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 10 Rounds

Malkovian: Happy Again!
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex1, Grease Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Enlarge Person
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,Fly, Summon monster 3: Leopard, Summon monster 3: Lantern Archon
Level 4: Dimension Door, Arcane Eye, Dispel Magic (Prepared as level 4)
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Rylidak moves to be a meat shield for our wizard, stepping between him and the enemy. Kalgor stands, swims out of the crowd of loonies and gets to an open area to swing his sword. Gragnor remains at his post, corking the doorway to the awful beast beyond.
[sblock=actions]Rylidak move to N15, provoking
Kalgor: move: Reflex to stand (1d20+5=23) stand provoking, move to P16
Gragnor: puke
[/sblock][sblock=ooc]None of Malkovian's extra unknown abilities are useful at the moment.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 17 HP 63/63, Init +2, Perception +11/+13 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +7, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Sling +6, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility(2 K, 1A), Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge(Ausk), 4 Cure Light Wounds potions (each carrying one)

Effects: In hand = +1 Greatsword, Umbrella (.7 hours)

Gragnor HP: 38/38, AC 25 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +9, d4+1; Claw +9, d3+1; Claw +9, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +3, CMD 17, Evasion
Perception +7, Stealth +14, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +19, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce
Effects:
Mage Armor 2.7 hours, Umbrella (.7 hours)

Rylidak Kel
Initiative:
+1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 65 Current: 62
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword and rolled papers

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 1/2, 1 used
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Melee: +1 Aberration bane Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20)(+2 dmg two-handed, +2 hit and +2d6 damage vs. aberrations)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands), Lunge (+5' reach melee / -2 AC)

Lay on Hands: 6/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 3/3 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 7 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless
2nd (DC 16): Weapon of Awe
Effects: None[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Not sure where the subdual damage is coming from? If the weasel is intentionally trying not to do lethal damage, he has to take a penalty to the attack, yes? Which would make it miss. I've applied the damage as lethal damage instead, then, and you can let me know if I missed something[/sblock]

Crove yelps as the weasel sinks its teeth in, but quickly seems to come to terms with his hanger-on as the others close in. He takes a swipe at Rylidak, but even trying to hold her stomach down, the half-orc paladin is more than capable of turning out of the way.

The quartet of cowed lunatics notice that Crove has left their immediate presence, and rise with blood in their eyes. Their chains prevent them from closing on Kalgor, so they turn their attention to the only creature close enough, swinging wildly at Gragnor, who like Rylidak manages to easily evade them despite his stomach problems.

Crove hisses when he catches sight of Anaerion beginning to cast, and raises a wooden medallion in his free hand. The group recognizes it from the swirl pattern the spawn scrawled on the wall back at the market using some poor soul's blood.

"The old gods reach further than you think, magician," he spits out, then mutters a phrase in Aklo. Black energy emanates from him in a wave, filling each of the party members with a swift fit of pain. The lunatics, too, seem to feel it. Three of them begin bleeding from their ears, while another seems woozy, but better off.

As the party struggles against the energies, Crove makes his way past the still-nauseated fighters toward the other end of the room, swatting unsuccessfully at the attached Alfred.

[sblock=ooc]With Crove out of their 'room,' the four loonies become active participants again, though their chains prevent them from attacking anything outside that cul-du-sac they're in.

Crove channeled negative energy. Everyone roll Will saves vs. DC17. Failure means you take 4 damage. Success means it's only 2. Anaerion will have to make a concentration check, incorporating whichever damage value he takes, (so, DC 15 or 17 depending on the results of the save) in order to avoid losing his summons.

Also, let me throw this one out: I THINK dimensional steps allows Crove to break out of a grapple, but I'm not entirely sure. He has to intentionally expend movement to take another creature, so it seems like if he wants to jump and leave someone behind, he gets to do that? Anyone able to point me to something that says different?

Status ALL: DC 17 Will save to halve 4 negative energy damage (not yet applied).

Rylidak: 62/65, Nauseated 3/5 rounds
Gragnor: 38/38, Mage Armor, Nauseated 3/5 rounds
Ausk: 94/94, Nauseated 1/3 rounds
Alfred: 47/47, Attached
Kalgor: 63/63
Anaerion: 51/51, Mage Armor

Crove (AC 18): 41/42 scratched

Lunatic 1 (AC 12): 2/6 hp heavily wounded
Lunatic 2 (AC 12): 4/6 hp moderately wounded
Lunatic 3 (AC 12): 2/6 hp heavily wounded
Lunatic 4 (AC 12): 2/6 hp heavily wounded[/sblock]

GM: PCs up.

Attachments

• Asylum2.jpg
    Asylum2.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 124

jackslate45

First Post
"Your old gods mean nothing right now, Crove!" Anaerion shouts as he shrugs off the worst part of the spell, finishing the summoning with no problems.

The Archon appears in front of the paladin, and takes a short flight (N16-> M15) to get a clear shot on the mad man. "The light will engaulf you once again!" Anaerion yells before saying something at the archon. Whirling slightly, two rays of energy whirl in front of the Archon, which proceeds to open fire at Crove!

[sblock]
Malkovian: Nothing to report.
Anaerion: Will Save 1d20+5=19. Concentration Check: DC 15 with a +14(7 CL +5 INT + 2). I will roll because I can: 1d20+14=34. With a nat 20 i think the spell goes off...
After his spell goes off, Anaerion is delaying for now.

Lanturn Archon: 5' Step, Full round attack the mad cleric with +3/+3 light rays against touch AC
1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=22 maybe 2 hits? i'll roll them seperately: 1d6=5, 1d6=2

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 51 Current: 49
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:

Spells Prepared:
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex1, Grease Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]For the subdual damage, it's because Alf does 1d3-4 damage so the result will always be less than 1, meaning he will only be able to do 1 nonlethal damage. As for the grapple situation, with most grapples, I would say that would definitely be the case, but since this is biting, and not simply squeezing someone, I'm not quite sure how that would work. My gut reaction is because the ability is called attach, the weasel wouldn't require any extra effort to have dimensional step carry him along, as most grapples are assumed to be someone simply squeezing you very hard and not actually physically attaching themselves to you, but I don't really have a firm rule basis for that reaction, and could see it going either way quite easily.[/sblock]

Ausk will save, Alf Will Save (1d20+5, 1d20+6=[4, 5], [15, 6])

Ausk snarls as he takes the full brunt of the wave of negative energy, though it still barely noticable, but the weasel seems to avoid the worst of it as he continues to weigh down the enemy caster.

[sblock=actions]Ausk=continue to stare down the caster in anticipation of eventually being able to pound him
Alf=continue to hang on, not sure if an additional roll is needed or not, attach, while interesting, is not particularly clearly written; deals 1 more subdual damage[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor is getting tired of chasing this old man around. Casting, he helps himself a bit to get face to face with Crove again. Rylidak stands her ground protecting the mage while Gragnor flies up over the loonies to get a good look at what is going on since everyone went back the other way.

[sblock=Actions]
Kalgor Will save (1d20+6=22) success
Rylidak Will save (1d20+6=24) success
Gragnor Will save (1d20+1=10) failed
Kalgor cast Expeditious Retreat and then moves forward to J15 (Move now 50' instead of 20')
Rylidak pukes and holds her ground to protect the mage
Gragnor flies up an over the loonies to O16, puking on the loonies as he goes.
[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 17 HP 61/63, Init +2, Perception +11/+13 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +7, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Sling +6, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility(2 K, 1A), Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge(Ausk), 4 Cure Light Wounds potions (each carrying one)

Effects: In hand = +1 Greatsword, Umbrella (.7 hours)

Gragnor HP: 34/38, AC 25 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +9, d4+1; Claw +9, d3+1; Claw +9, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +3, CMD 17, Evasion
Perception +7, Stealth +14, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +19, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce
Effects:
Mage Armor 2.7 hours, Umbrella (.7 hours)

Rylidak Kel
Initiative:
+1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 65 Current: 60
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword and rolled papers

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 1/2, 1 used
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Melee: +1 Aberration bane Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20)(+2 dmg two-handed, +2 hit and +2d6 damage vs. aberrations)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands), Lunge (+5' reach melee / -2 AC)

Lay on Hands: 6/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 3/3 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 7 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless
2nd (DC 16): Weapon of Awe
Effects: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Taking the opportunity to protect himself some more, Anaerion casts a simply protection spell on himself.

[sblock]
Malkovian: Nothing to report.
Anaerion: Cast Prot Evil on himself

Lanturn Archon: 5' Step, Full round attack the mad cleric with +3/+3 light rays against touch AC
1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=22 maybe 2 hits? i'll roll them seperately: 1d6=5, 1d6=2

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 51 Current: 49
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:

Spells Prepared:
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"Soooo, this is getting boring." Malkovian says after Anaerion protects himself. "I think you should finish this right?"

[sblock=Month]
I figured i would give jkason a month since the post, but he is gone. Do we just want to call it at this point? Or have @Mowgli finish the game?
[/sblock]

Remove ads