'Magic' the 'Largest Game Brand'

kitsune9

Adventurer
Cool. Now we can expect MtG coffee mugs, t-shirts, a cartoon, maybe a big-budget film (get Michael Bay on the line!), a reality show (Magic Swap), and MtG flamethrower (kids will love it!). :p

Noumenon

First Post
I've spent $3000 over the years on Magic -- boxes, tournaments, singles, Magic Online. It's basically been a $14/month subscription for the last eighteen years.

My D&D spending is $800 to date, but Hasbro got barely any of that money -- I spent $79.76 on 4E books, and all the rest went to modules, dice, artists, and props. D&D can't win.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Which is why Hasbro should stop treating it like a cash cow and either support it or sell it.

They own a little but of history, and should be proud of the fact. Withdrawing the pdfs of old modules was the most philistinic thing they've ever done. Like refusing to allow people to watch old movies. For shame, Hasbro! For shame!

Asmo

First Post
So, while I'm guessing R&D for Magic is a hefty chunk of change, I'd agree with the second one -- I used to buy boxes and boxes of the same expansion in Magic, just to get 4-of-a-kind for every card as much as I could.

Fortunately, common sense and marriage finally burned out my Magic-insanity years ago. :D

I need to marry someone.

Asmo

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases