Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Update: The melee is all but over, if the PCs permit the last two orcs to continue fleeing, which may or may not cause future complications. Or, there may be other possibilities, too.... It seems like a pretty good idea to make a strategic withdrawal until the cleric is back in fighting shape.

Rhun

First Post
Miraculously, Both of Turthain's arrows fly true, and each one fells an orc. (This will not happen ordinarily. You can't split one round's attacks across more than one foe. Unless you're a troll, demon, or dragon. But we'll let it slide this time, as well as overlooking the misses. ;) )

OOC: Just my confusion with 3.x vrs AD&D rules.

Rhun

First Post
Turthain quickly moves to recover any of his spent arrows, and to search the bodies of the slain orcs as well.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Hold the Phone, Turthain! You've still got two live, kicking orc targets! Assuming, that is, that you don't want to let them raise the alarm....

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Hold the Phone, Turthain! You've still got two live, kicking orc targets! Assuming, that is, that you don't want to let them raise the alarm....

OOC: Sorry, I wasn't really thinking of pursuing them with Odo out for the count...I was thinking more we grab what we can and retreat.

Can the fleeing orcs be targeted, or are they out of sight?

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: I'll give you two shots at each, before they are able to successully am-scray. And I did make a point of saying that Odo was stable....

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I'll give you two shots at each, before they are able to successully am-scray. And I did make a point of saying that Odo was stable....

OOC: I guess I read it more as stable, but not exactly in good shape to go chasing down orcs. :)

2 arrows at each orc coming up.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I guess I read it more as stable, but not exactly in good shape to go chasing down orcs. :)
OOC: I believe Odo is stable but he is still unconscious and therefore not mobile at present.
OOC: Toric's right, Rhun, Odo is unconscious for at least another minute or more, but he is stable at 0 hp, and in no danger of dying, unless he is hit again, which isn't likely, all things considered. I wasn't talking about Turthain running a marathon to chase down the orcs, I was thinking more of him remaining where he is and firing arrows.

The Elf fires four more arrows, only one of which hits, eliciting keening howls from the orc, and then both orcs duck through a door and are gone.

OOC: Orcs 3 and 5 are the only two left alive, and they have 3 and 2 hp, respectively, after Turthain plunks number 5 with one arrow.

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Cam will charge off after the two chucking his remaining axe at the back of the more grievously wounded one as he goes.

He hollers "Get Odo out of here! I'm gonna try and mop up."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases