Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: steeldragons and Imperialus, you guys are up anytime you're ready.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ok...so we've moved back into the stairway, right?

Shiyana will put her cudgel back on her belt (she has a torch in the other hand, as I recall), she'll drop that/place it on the ground if necessary, and cast Entanglement over/before her friends, shooting for the middle of the chamber, between the two groups of orcs, to try and snag all of them (or as many as possible) without getting Camlin and Odo.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

No, sd, you're just about to enter combat. Party has 1 round of surprise plus initiative for round 1. Turthain has rolled his attacks, although he inexplicably only fired one arrow at each target, but I went ahead and rolled his second arrows. (in AD&D you get 2 arrows per round). Odo has only made his surprise round attack and still has his round 1 attack coming. Shiyana and Camlin have their surprise round attacks plus their round 1 attacks coming.

Orc HP (copied from post # 430)
O1 hp: 1d8 = 7 -5 (Turthain's arrow post # 443)
O2 hp: 1d8 = 7 -5 (Turthain's arrow post # 437)
O3 hp: 1d8 = 7 -4 (Odo in post # 452)
O4 hp: 1d8 = 5
O5 hp: 1d8 = 4
O6 hp: 1d8 = 6

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
No, sd, you're just about to enter combat. Party has 1 round of surprise plus initiative for round 1. Turthain has rolled his attacks, although he inexplicably only fired one arrow at each target, but I went ahead and rolled his second arrows. (in AD&D you get 2 arrows per round). Odo has only made his surprise round attack and still has his round 1 attack coming. Shiyana and Camlin have their surprise round attacks plus their round 1 attacks coming.

Ok, so Shiyana will cast Entanglement with her surprise round then? Or she'll move back into the stairwell/bottleneck position (calling to the others to "get back"/"clear the room") and she'll cast Entanglement on the round 1 attack? Whichever works/makes sense.

If I'm still controlling Odo, he'll fall back as instructed (being a good lawful guy he follows instruction well. ;P ) and make attacks on anyone who gets close enough.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Couple of things, sd -- Toric Arthendain is now running Odo and has already posted for the cleric, and there is no vegetation down here upon which Shiyana's Entantgle spell can work. Note the new map below, too.

Last edited:

OOC: I didn't realize that there was a surprise round before our regular actions so here's Odo's attack for the first regular round...

Odo follows his weak attack with an even weaker one. His ineffectiveness clearly getting to him, he actually stares at his mace for a split second before preparing to defend himself.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Couple of things, sd -- Toric Arthendain is now running Odo and has already posted for the cleric, and there is no vegetation down here upon which Shiyana's Entantgle spell can work. Note the new map below, too.

OOC: Ah! Shoot. Right. Dang houserules. We always made it that, as long as you were in a natural surrounding, the roots/vines/what have you just grew/broke up through the floor (i.e. it wouldn't work in the middle of a constructed hall or anything like that, but underground, over ground...as long as it was natural ground). I forgot that the spell description actually specifies that you need some existing vegetation. My bad.

Ok, consulted the new map. Looks like Shiyana is just holding the torch for the moment.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Ok, steeldragons, let me think on it some more, and we may work entangle that way in the future. Truthfully, I confess that I considered doing so this time, but I had no proof that this is what you were thinking.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Ok, steeldragons, let me think on it some more, and we may work emtangle that way in the future. Truthfully, I confess that I considered doing so this time, but I had no proof that this is what you were thinking.

OOC: That is kind and generous of your to offer, Leif. It is, of course, totally up to you! Like I said, I simply wasn't remembering the spell correctly. But I have no problem with sticking to the spells as written./OOC

Imperialus

Explorer
OOC: Cam's surpise round was to chuck his axe at one of the orcs and miss. This would be his first proper round.

Cam drops into a fighting stance as the orcs approach and tries to catch one (orc4) with the tip of his blade while it charges.

OOC: and sorry about my vanishing there. My motherboard... well it stopped doing pretty well everything a motherboard should do and I was without a computer for a few days.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases