Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Imperialus

Explorer
Cam retreats back the way they came for about a hundred yards or so before looking for a game trail or some other path they could follow. Once he leads the party down it he'll backtrack and do his best to conceal their passage for 50 yards or so. If the opportunity ever comes up to cross a stream he'll cross it.

Assuming he finds one he will follow it for half an hour or so and look for a position that they could reasonably expect to conceal themselves in such as a large fallen tree that he could cover with undergrowth or a glacial boulder he could build a lean to against.

Once he's found that he is going to leave the rest of the party camped and backtrack to the game trail to further muck about with the trail. Along the way he'll try to find some willow bark or other herbal pain killers to help bind wounds with.

Upon returning to the camp he checks the shelter and says "Ok, so I've done my best to conceal us, but we'll be eating cold food tonight. If you guys are safe here I'm going to head back down the trail for the night and keep watch. I'll catch a quick nap here in the afternoon so I can pull an all nighter."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Herbalist Camlin

Cam looks for medicinal-type herbs and finds some camphor root and aloe* almost immediately, but after that initial success he is able to locate little that is of use.

* - Possibly he can brew up some pretty mean cough syrup? :D

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Apologies for the absence. Been a bit crazed but should be ok now/the foreseeable future.

IC: Shiyana follows the good ranger, Camlin to their new campsite. She is eager to get some rest and recoup some more of her strength and mystic energies.

"Thank you, Camlin. You've done well to find us a secure space. I feel the Balance rising in me to further our endeavors. Tomorrow, I hope, we shall have the strength to meet our quarry."

As the group is settling in/bunking down, Shiyana will pull out that magic compass she has and concentrate on "the ogres assailing the village" to see if, in fact, it indicates the direction of the cave they'd discovered and done battle. <OOC: I don't think that would be considered a "personal gain" kinda inquiry, in which case the compass wouldn't work. But let me know if you want me to rephrase./OOC>

Odo will first offer anyone else some healing if they need it (I don't know what spells he had for the day, but I assume there was more than 1 of his 3 slots with Cure Light Wounds.). He will then offer to lend "the Light of Pholtus to our security" by accompanying Camlin on his watch...if the ranger wants it. Otherwise, he will keep vigilant as long as he can at the campsite until he is able to sleep for his 8 hours.

OOC: I will post Shiyana and Odo's new spells for the day after/if we pass the night.

Leif

Adventurer
Shiyana, indeed, sees that the compass points directly back towards the cave discovered by the party.

The adventuers make a cozy camp and set guards to ensure a peaceful night. The night passes without incident, and the party casters are now able to prepare a new day's allowance of spells.

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Cam will thank Odo for his offer but turn him down. I appreciate your offer, but when it comes to ambushes I work better by myself

ooc Rangers have a special ability to only be surprised on a 1, but they have a 1-3 chance to gain surprise. However I think it only works when they are by themselves.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Adventurers' Vigilance

OOC: Actually, Imperialus, you misremember -- Camlin's surprise abilities are not dependent on his being alone or in advance of his party. ;) I had to look it up to find out.

OOC: And, still, this is good role-play -- perhaps Cam believes that this ability of his depends on his solitude? (It won't, but maybe he doesn't know that?)

OOC: Sounds like the whole party wants to watch! Some of you better rest.

Leif

Adventurer
A Night in Camp Before Entering the Cave

The night passes serenely, and Turthain, Odo, and Shiyana all regain their full complement of spells. Turthain sits bolt upright mere minutes before the first sliver of dawn breaks above the horizon to begin studying his spellbook by star- and moonlight. (Damn those sneaky Elves!)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
The night passes serenely, and Turthain, Odo, and Shiyana all regain their full complement of spells. Turthain sits bolt upright mere minutes before the first sliver of dawn breaks above the horizon to begin studying his spellbook by star- and moonlight. (Damn those sneaky Elves!)

Shiyana akawns and goes through her morning ritual of praising the dawn and meditating for her new spells.

Odo awakens and, after a sidelong look at the odd heathen woman going about her order's rituals, enters into his own morning meditations.

OOC: Spells for the day
Shiyana: 4 1st (2 +2 for 17 Wisdom): Entanglement (x2), Shillelagh, Obscurement

Odo: 4 1st (2 +2 for 17 Wisdom): Cure Light Wounds (x2), Light, Protection from Evil

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases