Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Looking for Adventure in Briarwood

Orcs being full of guff, snarl at their captors and make rude gestures toward them constantly, "Let me loose for one minute, Elf, and see what will happen to your pansy, frolicking a**!"

The cowled, robed scholar, a late-middle-age fellow who you now notice is looking rather thin and gaunt, upon seeing that he is not immediately followed, turns back to address the party again, "Perhaps I was too hasty before. I would gladly offer counsel to gentlemen such as you if you wish to avail yourselves of my knowledge. But you seem to have your hands full at the moment, so allow me to invite you to inquire at my library in the alley to the north of Wailing Street, just across from the, ah, the ... courtesan's ... parlor."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain kicks the rude orc in the mouth with his boot. Then he turns to regard the stranger. "And you would be?"

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Orcs being full of guff, snarl at their captors and make rude gestures toward them constantly, "Let me loose for one minute, Elf, and see what will happen to your pansy, frolicking a**!"
That elf is my friend, orc.
Odo leans down to whisper in the orcs ear.
And between you and me... I would not cross her. She may be small but she's strong. You should have seen the things I just saw her do to your friends at the temple.

Leif

Adventurer

The orc looks at Odo and starts to spit. Then he regards Turthain's boot again, and thinks better of it. He swallows hard and says, "Not give damn for your elf wench! At least she gave my friends honorable death, but me you have on a leash like dog." And to his most direct antagonist, Turthain, he says, "You very mighty while I am bound. Bet you not so brave if let me go. Come on elf, take me on now."

As Odo pointed out, it could easily have been either Turthain, Revien, or Shiyana of whom the orc spoke before. It doesn't seem to make much difference to the orc -- an elf's an elf, half-, full-, or in between.

There is still no sign of any more of the City Watch other than the small voulge-armed troop that you sent to the Temple.

Last edited:

Keldryn

Adventurer
"It *is* taking the watch an awfully long time to respond, isn't it?" Revien is going to take a look around to see if something else is happening. Are we very far from a major street?

Leif

Adventurer

The Old South Road is not as broad as the largest boulevards in Briarwood, but it is pretty firmly in the second, possibly third, tier of roadways. It is the standard size for most of the streets in the city, and not much more than two or three blocks away from first tier streets at several points along its length. It looks as though those children that you already sent to the Temple are probably all of the Briarwood Guard that is going to be handling this matter.

[sblock=Pointless pronunciation question for Rhun]
This is neither here nor there, and only matters for my own peace of mind when I say your character's name to myself in my head as I read your posts, but are you intending his name to be pronounced TER-THAY-IN, or TER-THANE, or some other way entirely?
[/sblock]
Speaking of Turthain, the cowled, robed Scholar fnally caught his breath and is now able to answer the elf. "Indeed, Sir Elf, I am called Rathmore the Scribe. I hire myself out to various organizations in Briarwood to bring their records up to date sometimes, and I was working at just such a task over at the Mercenary's Guild on Silver Street, just over yon way, when a youth ran in exclaiming that there were Heroes of the Sword doing battle with orcs over in the Old South Road who needed help from guardsmen. Naturally, since the lad was in the Mercenary's Guild and not a station of the Briarwood Guard, I'm not entirely sure that the guard will be coming at all. But, being the adventuresome type myself, I made haste work of my task and ran over here hoping that I could meet you. You see, I hunger and thirst for adventure, but certain conditons and allergies that afflict me make it impossible for me to do this myself. Also, I am a bit past the ideal age for such activity. For an up-and-coming band of adventurers, however, I could be a great boon as a source of information about the folk, the history, and the goings on in Briarwood. I feel sure that we could arrive at an agreeable arrangement that would be to our mutual profit."

OOC: Okay, you got me -- I just forgot to put this in my last post where I intended for it to be, so the 'scribe'/'would-be-sage' suddenly became an out-of-breath asthmatic. He's only come about four or five blocks, but he's wheezing like he just ran a marathon.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Greetings, Master Rathmore. I am Shiyana of the Shadebough Circle." she smiles amicably and sets to introductions.

"My companions, the honourable Brother Odo, champion of Pholtus, my valiant defender, Camlin the Runner, and my kinsmen [OOC: in the sense/belief, that all elvin folk are of a shared/communal "family" or origin] Turthain and Revien, skilled marksmen and the shared talents of our kind.

"Might I impose upon your obvious knowledge of that Temple of the Frog and the...odd...acolytes which dwell within?"

She looks down the street again (presumably getting no sight or indication of the returning guard).

Shiyana awaits whatever info the Scribe has to share and then will suggest, "Could we find you at your library in a moment or three? We should see what is keeping that pack of children calling themselves the 'guard' in this fair city."

She will pose, for her companions, that they bring the captives in tow and go find the guards (or some/any guards!) to take them off their hands.

Leif

Adventurer

"I am pleased and honored to make your acquaintance, Shiyana of the Shadebough Circle," says Rathmore the Scribe as he bows and kisses the hand of Shiyana if she permits this familiarity. "Yes, of course, I understand that you have other immediate obligations, but please do come and see me as soon as ever you may. Again, you can find my library in the alley across from the Courtesan's Parlor in Wailing Street. I very much look forward to visiting with you further in a setting more open to frank and open discussion of these sensitive matters which are best not discussed at all here on the streets. Not all temples in this city should even be named aloud by good folk."

The troop of youthful guards emerges from the Temple as he is speaking. They 'march' up and report that they saw nothing out of the ordinary occurring in the temple. Then, they take charge of the prisoners, and proceed on down the street. "So now you are free to accompany me back to my library?"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain makes sure to get in one more swift kick to the orc before the watchmen haul them off. Turning to the man, the elf nods. "Well, we were done with breakfast anyhow. So I suppose we have some time."

[sblock=For Leif]In my mind it is TER-THAY-IN.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases