Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
The Red Axe Inn

The innkeeper says, "Wailing Street? Oh, it's a good way across the city to the north and east. Hey, Verm, you hang out in that area a lot, why don't you show them?"

Verm, apparently so, any way, for he is the one who visibly shuddered when the innkeeper called out that name, looks up from the slate in his hands and smiles, silently. Now that you look at him more, both of his hands are extensively stained with chalk dus, and he has a piece of chalk in his hand and an open-topped box attached to his belt filled with more chalk. He also has a rag tucked in his belt next to his dagger sheath.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana smiles as charmingly as she can at Verm and proposes, "I'll gladly offer you a couple of silver for your time and trouble, Master Verm. May I see your slate? Are you an artist?"

Leif

Adventurer
The Red Axe Inn

Verm shakes his head at Shiyana, and selects a blue piece of chalk from his belt and begins to write. Shortly, he holsters his chalk and turns the slate around -- on it is written in large, bold letters, "NO LEND SLATE. I NEED IT TO TALK." After you read the message, you glance up to see Verm grinning broadly.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Verm shakes his head at Shiyana, and selects a blue piece of chalk from his belt and begins to write. Shortly, he holsters his chalk and turns the slate around -- on it is written in large, bold letters, "NO LEND SLATE. I NEED IT TO TALK." After you read the message, you glance up to see Verm grinning broadly.

"Ohhhh. Right, then."
Shiyana blushes and turns to her companions (away from Verm) with a look that seems to say 'oops.' Turning back to Verm she pulls out two silver from her coinpurse and continues, "Shall we then, Master Verm. Will you guide us to this Wailing Street?"

Leif

Adventurer
Verm Ecaster in the Red Axe Inn

Verm hastily scrawls out, "Pay first - Verm guide," after which he extends a small, grubby, chalk-covered hand, his ever-present grin beaming up at you from his small, 5'2" frame.

Leif

Adventurer

Still grinning like a jackass, Verm shakes his extended palm twice. Hard. And looks expectantly up at you. "Verm gid gud - where go in Wlng St.?" he scrawls.

Leif

Adventurer

Verm greedily snatches Shiyana's silver coins and gives Cam a brief, slight scowl, as if he is a competitor for Shiyana's money. The darkness quickly passes from his eyes, however, and he looks as cute and sweet as ever. Verm motions for the adventurers to follow, and he leaps off his low stool and briskly heads out the door.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases