Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
the Red Axe Inn on Old South Road, in the CityState of Briarwood

Cam, having reached the door and availed himself of the only unobstructed view of the excitement, sees two orcs accosting a gentleman beside the rear corner of the Temple of the Frog, several yards to your southwest, across the street to your right. One of them holds a bodkin to the man's throat menacingly, while the other pulls his trousers to his ankles, hobbling him, while he proceeds to rummange through the man's undefended pockets. Two more orcs dart into the alleyway adjacent to the Red Axe Inn, immediately to the west, your right. Four more orcs are to be seen some yards to the east, your left, crossing Old South Road and ducking down Temple Street towards the front doors of the Temple of the Frog. The shrill wistles of the Watch are heard coming from the more distant east. They are easily heard, but they don't sound very close at all.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana pulls out her sling and makes ready to fire at the orcs accosting the man down the street.

"First things first. Camlin? Turthain? Do you think you can take out those ruffians from here?"

<OOC: I'm not entirely sure I can hit something at "several yards". The sling according to the PHB is Short range 4, Med. range 8, Long range 12. I'm assuming that is feet, which outside counts as yards, right? If she couldn't/can't realistically hit them -iow, if they are obviously further than 12 yards, then she will draw her cudgel and make for the man being accosted, after the bowmen take their shots, instead.>

If she believes she can reach them/in range, then she's firing with her sling, (she's a bit impetuous-self-assured and not waiting for replies from Camlin or Turthain. She rather assumes that instructions/suggestions will be followed) and moving over to the alley way to get a quick peek around the corner, en route to the muggers, to make sure those orcs aren't trying to get into the Red Axe via a back door or something.

Leif

Adventurer
the Red Axe Inn on Old South Road, in the CityState of Briarwood

OOC: My PH lists the ranges for sling (bullet) as 4/8/16 nor 4/8/12 as you said. My reading of that is 40 feet, 80 feet, and 160 feet. I'm not convinced that the "10 yard" convention applies to weapon ranges, even outdoors. I could probably find a definitive answer if I had the time now, but we'll go with that for the moment. That would make it a short range shot to the two orcs accosting the man in the street, a long range shot to the ones entering the temple, and a medium range shot to the ones in the alley.

The Orcs in the alley look as though they have made a wrong turn and are about to head back toward you and the street.

Imperialus

Explorer
Shiyana pulls out her sling and makes ready to fire at the orcs accosting the man down the street.

"First things first. Camlin? Turthain? Do you think you can take out those ruffians from here?"

Cam grimaces and draws his string back leveling his bow towards the orcish muggers. "If they didn't have a hostage I'd be sure I could, but I'm worried about hitting him... Can someone disable the lot of em?"

Rhun

First Post
Turthain's hand goes into the pouch at his belt. He pulls his hand forth, and begins to sprinkle a pinch of sand, while speaking words of power.

Cast sleep.

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo, holding back, speaks a little prayer while waiting for Cam's shot.
My lord Pholtus, may your Light guide me to smite those who would deny your Justice.
He takes one last drink, sets his cup down, and reaches for his flail.

Leif

Adventurer
the Red Axe Inn on Old South Road, in the CityState of Briarwood -- Turthain's spell

As Turthain intones the Words of Power and sprinkles the sand from his pouch, a swirling eddy of wind(? there was no wind!) catches the sand, lifts it up three feet, and carries it over the man and the two orcs where it precipitates like snow, coming to rest in the corners of their eyes. All three of them collapse gently to the earth in slumber, the man's head cushioned by the paunch of the orc who threatened him while his feet rest upon the neck of the orc who pilfered through his belongings.

The two orcs coming out of the alley-way gasp audibly upon seeing this spectacle! They look for a moment as if they might flee, but then they look at each other, and the fear each feels and sees mirrored in the other's face steels his resolve. They grimace and shout, draw broadswords, and come looking to avenge their fellows!

OOC: I can put together a map if I must, but I don't really think we're going to need one. You guys have got this, right???

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Huh. Well thank works nicely." Shiyana says to the masked elf.

<OOC: So, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], we need to roll our own initiative then? If so, and no one else minds, here ya go.../OOC>

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Huh. Well thank works nicely." Shiyana says to the masked elf.

<OOC: So, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], we need to roll our own initiative then? If so, and no one else minds, here ya go.../OOC>

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: One initiative roll per side, please. Hmm, so it looks like we have a tied initiative for our first melee! Shall we assume that the combatants meet halfway and proceed to duke it out? Yes, yes, I believe we shall. Orc #1 moves toward Camlin. Orc #2 moves toward Odo. Both attack when they arrive. Orc #1 misses Cam, but Orc #2 slashes Odo's left thigh with his broadsword, inflicting 5 hp damage to the cleric.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases