Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Rhun

First Post
Turthain curses as the orc he wounder retreats back into the cave. "Best finish these brutes quickly," advises the elf. "We may have more company soon."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Post 320 below edited and new map addded. Orc actions coming soon, and then Shiyana can attack again!! ;) :D

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: HOLYCRAP!

IC: Anyone paying attention can see Shiyana is looking the worse for ware. She cries out in pain at the orc's telling blow and makes opts for the "better part of valor", backing away for Turthain's position (or whoever is closest), as blood is gushing from her injury.

OOC: Shiyana disengages from combat..or whatever it is that let's you stop fighting without taking extra attacks. She moves, half movement is it? in pretty much any direction away from the orc toward whichever of her fellows is closest.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Not absolutely positive, but I read this not too long ago. For present purposes, we'll say that shiyana only moves back guaredly ten feet this round while disengaging. She can only do this because she has allies there to prevent the orc from pursuing her. Next round she'll be able to move normally. If this ruling is wrong, we'll still do it this way this time, and I'll try again next time.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Orc Cave

OOC: Fall Back -- turns out that the DMG is no help with this, but the PH says that when a character Falls Back the movement is retrograde and can be made in conjuction with a parry. Opponents may not follow if they are otherwise engaged, as the orc fighting Shiyana is. Otherwise, turning and moving away from combat exposes on to a blow at +2 from the opponent. So, apparently, my interpretation of Fall Back Fighting is something of a house rule or perhaps an application of later edition rules to AD&D, but we'll stick with it -- character may guardedly move back 5 or 10 feet in the round he/she disengages. If the enemy is otherwise occupied, then he/she withdraws from melee and may move normally on succeeding rounds.

OOC: The Heroes are up! Only Shiyana has posted an action, and she is 'Falling Back Fighting' this round.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Not absolutely positive, but I read this not too long ago. For present purposes, we'll say that shiyana only moves back guaredly ten feet this round while disengaging. She can only do this because she has allies there to prevent the orc from pusuing her. Next round she'll be able to move normally. If this ruling is wrong, we'll still do it this way this time, and I'll try again next time.

Fall Back -- turns out that the DMG is no help with this, but the PH says that when a character Falls Back the movement is retrograde and can be made in conjuction with a parry. Opponents may not follow if they are otherwise engaged, as the orc fighting Shiyana is. Otherwise, turning and moving away from combat exposes on to a blow at +2 from the opponent. So, apparently, my interpretation of Fall Back Fighting is something of a house rule or perhaps an application of later edition rules to AD&D, but we'll stick with it -- character may guardedly move back 10 feet in the round he/she disengages. If the enemy is otherwise occupied, then he/she withdraws from melee and may move normally on succeeding rounds.

The Heroes are up! Only Shiyana has posted an action, and she is 'Falling Back Fighting' this round.

No worries, Leif.

Didn't respond to your first post since it sounded fine to me. Didn't readily recall how we'd worked it before.

But however you want to do it is fine with me. You get the gist: Shiyana is tryin' to get her 3-remaining-HP-butt out of harm's way. hahaha.

Let's hope this fight ends soon...without casualty....to any of us, I mean. ;)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Not absolutely positive, but I read this not too long ago. For present purposes, we'll say that shiyana only moves back guaredly ten feet this round while disengaging. She can only do this because she has allies there to prevent the orc from pusuing her. Next round she'll be able to move normally. If this ruling is wrong, we'll still do it this way this time, and I'll try again next time.

Fall Back -- turns out that the DMG is no help with this, but the PH says that when a character Falls Back the movement is retrograde and can be made in conjuction with a parry. Opponents may not follow if they are otherwise engaged, as the orc fighting Shiyana is. Otherwise, turning and moving away from combat exposes on to a blow at +2 from the opponent. So, apparently, my interpretation of Fall Back Fighting is something of a house rule or perhaps an application of later edition rules to AD&D, but we'll stick with it -- character may guardedly move back 10 feet in the round he/she disengages. If the enemy is otherwise occupied, then he/she withdraws from melee and may move normally on succeeding rounds.

The Heroes are up! Only Shiyana has posted an action, and she is 'Falling Back Fighting' this round.

No worries, Leif.

Didn't respond to your first post since it sounded fine to me. Didn't readily recall how we'd worked it before.

But however you want to do it is fine with me. You get the gist: Shiyana is tryin' to get her 3-remaining-HP-butt out of harm's way...without opening herself up to additional/bonus attack. hahaha.

Leif

Adventurer
No worries, Leif.

But however you want to do it is fine with me. You get the gist: Shiyana is tryin' to get her 3-remaining-HP-butt out of harm's way...without opening herself up to additional/bonus attack. hahaha.

OOC: Not worried, SD, just seemed like I needed to post something to get this game moving again, and since I kinda said I would issue a ruling, that seemed to be the way to go. I said "move back 10 feet" but that's AD&D standard, where most every square was assumed to be 10X10 feet. Five feet may work better for our tactical maps, but in the interest of faithfulness to AD&D, we'll say it can work either way at the "faller-backer's" option.

OOC: In case anyone didn't get it, the heroes are up, Shiyana is falling back fighting -- how far do you want her to move, SD, 5 or 10 feet? For future reference, if anyone falls back fighting without specifing a distance moved, I'll assume 5 feet, unless I don't....

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: In case anyone didn't get it, the heroes are up, Shiyana is falling back fighting -- how far do you want her to move, SD, 5 or 10 feet? For future reference, if anyone falls back fighting without specifing a distance moved, I'll assume 5 feet, unless I don't....

OOC: hahaha. Shiyana will take the full 10 please....hopefully giving some valiant young soul room enough to get to her rescue. :angel:

Odo was fighting someone wasn't he? <consults map>

Ah. Yes. Odo will attempt to bring down the might of Pholtus upon O2.

OOC: BOOYAH!
IC: "Be washed clean in the Light of Truth, monster!" *WHAM!*

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases