Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Sorry, Rhun, Odo killed the orc anyway, so I didn't adequately adjudicate Turthain's arrows -- my mistake. The 14 hit, so I have edited the previous post. The 13 is a miss.

OOC: No worries. However, Turthain would probably have changed his target if the target was already dead. :)

Rhun

First Post
Turthain continues to swear in elven as he sees the orcish archers begin to fire at them. He snaps his bow into position and launches a pair of arrows at the new targets. Unfortunately, he only scores a grazing hit on one of them.

Leif

Adventurer
Cave of Orcs

OOC: No worries. However, Turthain would probably have changed his target if the target was already dead. :)
OOC: The 13 was the first shot you mentioned in post #347, so I assumed the 14 was the follow-up. And missile fire is resolved before melee attacks, so despite what I may have said in my post, your arrow hit while he was still alive.
Turthain continues to swear in elven as he sees the orcish archers begin to fire at them. He snaps his bow into position and launches a pair of arrows at the new targets. Unfortunately, he only scores a grazing hit on one of them.
OOC: You have to tell me which one was hit, chief. You cannot fire one arrow at each, remember. In AD&D all attacks in a single round must be against the same opponent, unless you're part troll, demon, dragon or something. At least, that's the rule as I remember it, can anyone confirm or deny that? And, anyway, where you have two adjacent opponents subject to missile fire, I might be inclined to house rule this, if I'm asked....

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: The 13 was the first shot you mentioned in post #347, so I assumed the 14 was the follow-up. And missile fire is resolved before melee attacks, so despite what I may have said in my post, your arrow hit while he was still alive.

As I said, no worries. Just seemed overkill, and a waste of damage, especially given that we are about to be overrun. ;)

OOC: You have to tell me which one was hit, chief. You cannot fire one arrow at each, remember. In AD&D all attacks in a single round must be against the same opponent, unless you're part troll, demon, dragon or something. At least, that's the rule as I remember it, can anyone confirm or deny that? And, anyway, where you have two adjacent opponents subject to missile fire, I might be inclined to house rule this, if I'm asked....

Let's go with O7, then, for no reason at all.

And I cannot confirm or deny...and I'm too lazy to go looking for that information. :)

Leif

Adventurer
I don't even know how to continue to describe this comedy of errors. :(
[OOC: I hope you're not referring to me? If you are then I'm sorry, but I'm doing the best that I can. Still, I'll try to do better, just tell me where I need to improve more. :)]

The Orc fighting Camlin swings back at the Ranger, but misses. The two other Orcs take careful aim from their kneeling positions and both fire arrows at Cam. [OOC: Because they are firing into melee, they have an equal probability to hit either combatant, since Cam and the Orc are roughly the same size.] However, in the intricate dance that is melee combat, Cam and the Orc move around so much that when the arrow fired by Orc #6 arrives, it is the Orc combatant who is on the pointy, jagged end of the arrow! The Orc is slain, a victim of 'friendly fire!' The Orc archers look at each other and just shrug before they draw fresh arrows to fire again.

[OOC: Any actions for Odo and Shiyana?]

[OOC: Oh, and don't be overly upset by the 'comedy of errors' that is the series of misses by most everyone. AD&D 1E is very different inthat respect from later editions of the game. First level characters only have about a 20-25% chance to score a hit under ordinary circumstances. Don't worry, it will get better if you can give it a chance.]

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Oh gosh no, I'm not upset, and I'm certainly not calling your DMing a comedy of errors. I was refering to Cam's inability to roll over a 3 for about 5 rounds in a row. I just had a mental image of Yackety Sax playing in the background as Cam and the orc chased each other around a tree.

Leif

Adventurer
Oh gosh no, I'm not upset, and I'm certainly not calling your DMing a comedy of errors. I was refering to Cam's inability to roll over a 3 for about 5 rounds in a row. I just had a mental image of Yackety Sax playing in the background as Cam and the orc chased each other around a tree.
OOC: Don't look now but we have a fan of 'Benny Hill' amongst us! :D

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: steeldragons may post for Odo and Shiyana who have not yet acted for the round just ended. Then all heroes are up again, and the only foes left are the two Orc archers, unless Odo and/or Shiyana alter that, in which event, those Orcs will, in actuality, not shoot Cam's opponent, so he will be left fighting an injured Orc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases