Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shinyana pulls out the compass and asks, "Where are the bodies of our slain foes from last night?"

Regardless of the response she gets, the half-elf druidess will suggest tossing something, as heavy as possible, at a few spots in front of the entrance..."Looks suspiciously like someone might have been busy last night. I suspect a pit or other trap awaits our entry."

Rhun

First Post
Turthain nods. "Indeed. I had hoped that our work at hiding the bodies would have proven more effective, especially given the intelligence of most ogres. At any rate, we should be careful." The elf considers a moment. "Cover me. I will move forward and attempt to discern if there is some sort of trap waiting for us."

OOC: Turthain will attempt to move toward the cave entrance, using his thief skills: Move Silently, Hide in Shadows (using whatever cover happens to be available), Hear Noise and Find Traps. Not sure if Turthain's elven ability to detect secret/concealed doors would aid in helping find a concealed pit trap...DM's discretion, I guess. :)

- Find/Remove Traps: 20%
- Move Silently: 20%
- Hide in Shadows: 20%
- Hear Noise: 15%

Edit: All Failures. LOL. Low level thieves sucked in 1E!

Leif

Adventurer
[OOC: DM Discretion ROCKS!!]

Turthain slinks off, and as soon as he ducks beneath the first tree branch, Shiyana, Odo, and Camlin totally lose sight of him as if he were suddenly invisible, and they cannot hear a single sound of his passage. [15 xp to Turthain's Thief class -- hell, if I'm going to fudge it, might as well go all the way! ;) ]

Turthain, for his part, finds a crudely lashed-together panel of thin branches (that would surely break under the weight of even an elf) disguised by a covering of leaves and a thin layer of dirt. There are no footprints evident, at least as far as he can tell, but he does notice a few brush marks as if branches had been used to obscure any tracks.

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Well, not much else to do other than start poking around. Cam will lead the way a few yards ahead of the rest of the party, stepping carefully to avoid any traps that may have been left. He'll try to circle around the trees slightly so he's approaching the cave from a different angle as opposed to dead on.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain points out the area of the covered pit to his companions, and makes a wide circuit around it as he approaches the cave mouth.

Leif

Adventurer
Back to the Cave

The cave is fairly tidy, as caves go, but there are signs that a few individuals have been around. There is a cask of water with a dipper in it, and some spills of water on the floor of the cave nearby. There is also a small bag lying against the wall not far from the cask, and a small pile of cloth a few feet away.

The cave extends back as far as you can see by the daylight filtering in from the outside.

Leif

Adventurer
Back to the Cave

The bag contains some bird bones, and a partially eaten chunk of rough dark brown bread. And a neatly folded napkin that appears untouched.

Imperialus

Explorer
Before his companions stomp around too much Cam will start poking around, looking for tracks both within the cave and outside.

*edit* not doing so hot.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases