Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Orc Cave

Before his companions stomp around too much Cam will start poking around, looking for tracks both within the cave and outside.

*edit* not doing so hot.
Even with that roll, Cam can tell that the mess of tracks here was not likely to yield usable results. Unless, that is, he was hot on a particular orc's trail or something similar.

But, following the jumble of tracks leads Camlin farther and farther back into the cave, the dutiful Turthain accompanying him with his bow held ready. After 30 feet or so, the cave begins to narrow, and you come upon a flight of rough-hewn stairs in the rock about ten feet wide that descend into the deeper darkness below.

[OOC: Time for a Marching Order, and please tell me who is carrying your light source(s).]

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Cam will take point. May as well stick the bag of HP's in front. I'd probably suggest Turthain next to keep checking for traps, followed by Shi and then Odo covering the rear. If Shi is cool with holding a torch then Cam and Turathian both have their hands free. Did Shinyana find anything interesting in that handkerchief?

Leif

Adventurer
In the Orc Cave

Did Shiyana find anything interesting in that handkerchief?
I'm guessing that you're referring to the 'neatly folded napkin' inside the bag? No, Shiyana never said she was inspecting it further, and, in fact, it turns out that she is too much of a wuss to even touch it. Camlin, however, takes it out, feels something wrapped up in it, and opens it to find an iron skeleton key and lock of black, wiry orc hair.

[Iron Skeleton Key added to treasure list in RG, and XP updated for everyone.]

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Cam will take point. May as well stick the bag of HP's in front. I'd probably suggest Turthain next to keep checking for traps, followed by Shi and then Odo covering the rear. If Shi is cool with holding a torch then Cam and Turathian both have their hands free. Did Shinyana find anything interesting in that handkerchief?

Shiyana has no problem holding the torch...in her "off hand" ;) She'll keep her cudgel drawn (wrapped with a few ivy leaves if she needs to cast Shillelagh). Unfortunately this means her shield is flung over her back. But is happy to let the two warrior/protectors in front of her.

Before they start down the narrow area, Shiyana will, again, pull out the magic compass and see what direction it says for "the ogres assaulting the village."

Shiyana was not fool enough to disturb the curious "neatly folded" handkerchief. Though she did find it odd.

OOC: If we want/are allowed to retcon, Shiyana will call over the others to see what they make of it.

"Who knew orcs had such manners?"
she will joke to anyone taking a look. Otherwise, she's assuming it was just a bag of some orc's midnight lunch and leaves it alone.

The marching order present by Imp/Camlin is fine with me/her...and Odo. :)

Leif

Adventurer
In the Orc Cave

Shiyana checks the 'compass' and finds that the party is still on the proper course.

[sblock=steeldragons]Check back to # 424, for more info about the napkin and its contents. I edited after you posted, I think. Retcon unnecessary, or already handled, or something. WhatEVERRR.[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasters]Everyone got spells chosen/prepared for the new day? Odo and Shiyana gained more slots when they leveled![/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In the Orc Cave

When she looks at the 'compass,' Shiyana notices something she had missed before: Engraved on the back of the device are three initials: an "R" in very fancy and fluid script, a very bold and straightforward "T," and what appears to be an ornate "B" written backwards.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: No problem Leif. Got it all now.

[sblock=steeldragons]When she looks at the 'compass,' Shiyana notices something she had missed before: Engraved on the back of the device are three initials: an "R" in very fancy and fluid script, a very bold and straightforward "T," and what appears to be an ornate "B" written backwards.
[/sblock]

"Turthain...What do you make of this? I hadn't noticed it before. It seems curious...Who do you suppose 'R' is?" Shiyana asks the resident "magic-user."

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: As I said below in about Post 421:
After 30 feet or so, the cave begins to narrow, and you come upon a flight of rough-hewn stairs in the rock about ten feet wide that descend into the deeper darkness below. The intrepid adventurers forge boldly onward!
OOC: Now on to new info...

At the bottom of the stairs, a room opens before the party. Stepping into the room, several orcs are visible -- across the room and just to your right is a cluster of three orcs, and it is not immediately apparent what they are doing, but doubtless it is something unwholesome(?); to your left are three more orcs, but these are more widely spaced - the easternmost orc is picking his teeth, the next one to the west is scratching his a$$ (this one is more average-sized than the others), and the westernmost one is sharpening his shortsword with a whetstone.

These are all particularly large, imposing, and ill-tempered orcs -- see the hit points rolled below!

Attachments

• A3-Ogre Dungeon - Players Map 01.xls
    31 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases