AD&D 1st Edition Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01] - Page 48

+ Log in or register to post
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Blog Entries
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

Ignore Leif

Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Update: The melee is all but over, if the PCs permit the last two orcs to continue fleeing, which may or may not cause future complications. Or, there may be other possibilities, too.... It seems like a pretty good idea to make a strategic withdrawal until the cleric is back in fighting shape.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Miraculously, Both of Turthain's arrows fly true, and each one fells an orc. (This will not happen ordinarily. You can't split one round's attacks across more than one foe. Unless you're a troll, demon, or dragon. But we'll let it slide this time, as well as overlooking the misses. )
    OOC: Just my confusion with 3.x vrs AD&D rules.
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    Turthain quickly moves to recover any of his spent arrows, and to search the bodies of the slain orcs as well.
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Lama (Lvl 13)

Blog Entries

Ignore Leif

Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Hold the Phone, Turthain! You've still got two live, kicking orc targets! Assuming, that is, that you don't want to let them raise the alarm....

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    OOC: Hold the Phone, Turthain! You've still got two live, kicking orc targets! Assuming, that is, that you don't want to let them raise the alarm....
    OOC: Sorry, I wasn't really thinking of pursuing them with Odo out for the count...I was thinking more we grab what we can and retreat.

Can the fleeing orcs be targeted, or are they out of sight?
    - Rhun

Lama (Lvl 13)

Blog Entries

Ignore Leif

Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: I'll give you two shots at each, before they are able to successully am-scray. And I did make a point of saying that Odo was stable....
    Last edited by Leif; Monday, 27th August, 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    OOC: I'll give you two shots at each, before they are able to successully am-scray. And I did make a point of saying that Odo was stable....
    OOC: I guess I read it more as stable, but not exactly in good shape to go chasing down orcs.

2 arrows at each orc coming up.

- Rhun

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Toric_Arthendain
    OOC: I believe Odo is stable but he is still unconscious and therefore not mobile at present.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Blog Entries

Ignore Leif
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    OOC: I guess I read it more as stable, but not exactly in good shape to go chasing down orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toric_Arthendain View Post
    OOC: I believe Odo is stable but he is still unconscious and therefore not mobile at present.
    OOC: Toric's right, Rhun, Odo is unconscious for at least another minute or more, but he is stable at 0 hp, and in no danger of dying, unless he is hit again, which isn't likely, all things considered. I wasn't talking about Turthain running a marathon to chase down the orcs, I was thinking more of him remaining where he is and firing arrows.

The Elf fires four more arrows, only one of which hits, eliciting keening howls from the orc, and then both orcs duck through a door and are gone.

OOC: Orcs 3 and 5 are the only two left alive, and they have 3 and 2 hp, respectively, after Turthain plunks number 5 with one arrow.
    Last edited by Leif; Wednesday, 29th August, 2012 at 12:15 AM.

Cam will charge off after the two chucking his remaining axe at the back of the more grievously wounded one as he goes.

He hollers "Get Odo out of here! I'm gonna try and mop up."

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast