Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Second Chance

Feeling generous, so let me re-roll Camlin's attack: SCORE!! Cam's axe sinks into the back of O3, killing it. Camlin charges after the other orc. The orc visibly shakes, and decides that he mght as well make a last stand. The orc whirls around and goes on full defense, meaning that Cam (and anyone else attacking) will need an 18 to hit the orc, but there will be no return attack from the orc.

OOC: You know what, I would have sworn that I saw a rule about foregoing an attack to just parry added a certain amount to AC, but I sure can't find it in an AD&D book now. And I added 4, not 2 like in 3.5, so go figure. Anyway, I guess Cam still only needs a 14. Looks like I was checking in my 2E PH, but that rule is that full parry adds one-half level to AC or one-half level plus one for warriors.

GM: But, Imperialus, please give the others a chance to act before attacking the last orc. Turthain may get a good shot off yet.

OOC: Okay, so I didn't slay the most grievously wounded one. So sue me.

OOC: For my convenience, here are orc health stats --
Orc HP (copied from post 430)
O1 hp: 1d8 = 7 -7 (Turthain's arrows posts 443, 462, 467)
O2 hp: 1d8 = 7 -9 (Turthain's arrows post 437, 467)
O3 hp: 1d8 = 7 -4 =3 -4 (Odo in post 452, Cam's thrown axe in post(s) 480/481)
O4 hp: 1d8 = 5 -6 (Camlin)
O5 hp: 1d8 = 4-2 =2 (Turthain in post 477 )
O6 hp: 1d8 = 6 -14 (Camlin)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain throws his bow over his shoulder, confident in Cam's ability to defeat the last, wounded orc. Then, he grabs ahold of Odo under the arms, and begins to drag him back toward the cave entrance.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

Anyone else who wants to rush over and assist Camlin can do so now. Otherwise, Cam is up again, the orc having foregone his attack for full defense.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

My post number 481 has been edited, regarding parrying. ;)

Cam is still up. The orc still didn't attack this round.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

Shiyana, as she is about to withdraw from the scene where Odo fell, catches a glimpse of a metallic gleam coming from the ear of a fallen orc.

Imperialus

Explorer
Cam lashes out with his sword hoping to finish the orc off.

Standing over the bodies of the orcs, breathing heavily Cam suddenly seems to notice the deep gash in his arm. As the others check the bodies and pull Odo from the cave he sets his sword down and wraps a piece of cloth around it to staunch the bleeding before recovering his axes and keeping an eye on the the exit that the orcs were running towards. Once Shi and the others are ready to leave he'll cover the rear while the party retreats.

Also if one of the orcs happens to have a longbow and some arrows lying around he'll pick those up as he goes.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain continues to drag his fallen companion, hoping that his friends are thorough in searching the dead orcs.

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Not likely on the longbow, but we'll say 01-07% - there are two, 08%-18% - there's one.

What do you know! Camlin does see one fairly serviceable longbow, even if it does look like an orc weapon, and one dozen jagged orc arrows, too.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Orc/Ogre Cave/Dungeon

OOC: Since steeldragons doesn't seem to be posting today --
Turthain also spies the metallic glint from the ear of a fallen orc. And when he pauses to consider the gleam further, he also notes something shiny around the orc's neck.

OOC: If you want, you can cut the ear free and snatch off the shiny dealy, and inspect them both further when you get to somewhere more secure, along with the longbow and arrows that Camlin has found. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Trusting that Turthain can get Odo up the few steps on his own, Shiyana will search the bodies and pay particular attention to the shiny whatever it is in the orc's ear...assuming it is something that can be removed (she will not remove the orc's ear in order to get it, though).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases