AD&D 1st Edition Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01] - Page 5

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    Steeliest of the dragons
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    MystaraGoodman GamesNecromancer GamesOSRGoodman GamesOSRICEN PublishingGygax Memorial Fund

Ignore steeldragons
    My communities:

Shiyana (after helping bandage Odo, if he wants/allows) looks at the cleric.

"I'm supposed to stay behind him."

With a smile and a shrug, she will take off after the ranger.
    Steel Dragons' "All Things Orea" Blog right here on EN world!
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/blog.ph...1-steeldragons
    Steel Dragons' "All Things Orea" Blog right here on EN world!

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Jacob Marley
    Thank you Mistress Shiyana. I will stay here until the guards arrive and then meet you at the temple. Be safe for these orcs pack a mighty punch!
    Odo will stow his Flail for the time being. He will keep a stern watch for both the guards or any other orcs that may have escaped.
    "Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it. And Scrooge's name was good upon 'Change for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail." ~ Charles Dickens

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

Turthain follows Cam and Shiyana, holding his longbow at the ready.

OOC: Just an FYI, I rarely post on weekends, so if I've held anything up you have my apologies.
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Keldryn
    Revien stows his shield and follows the others, his shortbow in hand.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Jacob Marley
    After the others leave, Odo closes his eyes, places his hand over the wound and speaks...
    Pholtus, give me the strength to continue battling those who would deny Justice.
    Odo casts cure light wounds.
    "Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it. And Scrooge's name was good upon 'Change for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail." ~ Charles Dickens

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 3 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    OOC: Just an FYI, I rarely post on weekends, so if I've held anything up you have my apologies.
    OOC: Egad! How could I have forgotten this? We have a celebrity amongst us: Rhun The Stud of Salt Lake! Just ask him what he's busy doing every weekend! [That's not the 'seed of the kingdom' he's a-sowing!]

[The IC portion of this post is reiterated above in Post #47.]
    IC: Cam, Shiyana, Turthain, and Revien move off over to the gradiose front entrace of the Temple of the Frog, while Odo tends to his wound and awaits the watch, who will he hopes take custody of the two Orcish prisoners bound by our heroes.

The Temple of the Frog is more grandiose than you believed that a mere amphibian could actually be! The long, gently sloping steps leading up to the porch are not easily surmounted -- they are stone representations of frog eggs, in clumps here and there, interspersed with the occasional sculpture of a lily pad complete with a frog (some are rampant, tongues extended in mid-snare, some reclining). This 'staircase' requires one to climb in fits and starts, 'step-step-HOP,' 'step-step-HOP,' but you arrive at the top anon, where you are greeted by the cacophany of crashing and chopping sounds emanating from within. The double doors stand slightly ajar, but you can see nothing of the goings on inside from your present vantage.
    Last edited by Leif; Tuesday, 14th February, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    OOC: Egad! How could I have forgotten this? We have a celebrity amongst us: The Stud of Salt Lake! Just ask him what he's busy doing every weekend!
    OOC: Helping a friend move ALL last weekend, if you must know. It really wasn't anything sexy.
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 3 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    OOC: Helping a friend move ALL last weekend, if you must know. It really wasn't anything sexy.
    OOC: Hey, man, that was a GOLDEN set-up! If you choose to ignore it and tell the truth or something, that's 100% on you, Pee-Wee! I'll re-post the IC portion of my previous post:

(Ahem!)

IC: Cam, Shiyana, Turthain, and Revien move off over to the gradiose front entrace of the Temple of the Frog, while Odo tends to his wound and awaits the watch, who will he hopes take custody of the two Orcish prisoners bound by our heroes.

(Odo) -- it surely is taking those watchmen long enough!

The Temple of the Frog is more grandiose than you believed that a mere amphibian could actually be! The long, gently sloping steps leading up to the porch are not easily surmounted -- they are stone representations of frog eggs, in clumps here and there, interspersed with the occasional sculpture of a lily pad complete with a frog (some are rampant, tongues extended in mid-snare, some reclining). This 'staircase' requires one to climb in fits and starts, 'step-step-HOP,' 'step-step-HOP,' but you arrive at the top anon, where you are greeted by the cacophany of crashing and chopping sounds emanating from within. The double doors stand slightly ajar, but you can see nothing of the goings on inside from your present vantage.
    Last edited by Leif; Tuesday, 14th February, 2012 at 05:09 AM.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Imperialus
    My communities:

Cam leans against the doorjam to the left and peers through the open door.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 3 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

In the Temple of the Frog

Inside, Cam sees a group of five orcs busily ransacking the temple. Two are chopping pews with axes -- they appear to have started at the back and are working their way forward -- they are now demolishing the third row from the back. Two others are rummaging around with the sacred vessels on the Altar of the Frog, while the last is busy pulling down the wall-hangings and smashing the sculptures and paintings in the place.

[OOC: Map to come later]

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast