Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana will stick to the side of the doorway (assuming there might be some arrows heading in before her), but is ready, beside Cam, to go charging in and start swinging.

"You want the left or the right?" she'll say softly to Cam.

If the elf-folk decide not to use bows or Camlin goes charging in, she will simply follow and, as the orcs are doing, start laying waste to the ones in the "back" of the church (closest to them) and work her way forward.

Imperialus

Explorer
"You want the left or the right?" she'll say softly to Cam.

"Left" Cam mutters, and unless anyone stops him he leans his sword up against the door, draws a handaxe and pitches it at the orc on the right as he rounds the corner, recovers his sword, and charges the orc to the left.

Edit OOC WOOP! I landed a hit! I'm not sure if you add Cam's strength bonus in for a thrown weapon, but if so he does 7 damage instead of 6 since I only factored in his Ranger damage bonus bonus vs. humanoids.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana winces visibly at the "shunk!" of the axe into the orc.

But, lifts her cudgel behind Cam's entrance and charges in after him, heading for the orc "on the right" (if he's still standing, else she heads for whichever one's closest).

"HiiiAHHH!" she cries out as she enters the temple and swings at the orc.

[EDIT] <OOC: Heh. Heh. Not gonna be needin' that Damage roll, will we? Aw well. Better luck next round. [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain adds his bow to the assault, firing an arrow toward an orc not currently engaged in melee.

OOC: I cannot recall if the longbow does 1d8 or 1d6 in AD&D.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Str bonus IS added to thrown weapon damage
OOC: all arrows do 1d6.

Cam's arrow strikes true and strikes one of the orcs chopping pews into kindling wood dead (literally) in the eye. Turthain's arrow also pierces an orc, the second of the pew-chopping pair, striking him in the hollow of his left breast and killing him also.

*I got your damage roll, Rhun* (I rolled before you posted a roll, so I'm keeping mine :p)

Attachments

• Orcs in Temple of the Frog.xls
    10 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Keldryn

Adventurer
Revien takes aim at one of the orcs furthest away and lets loose an arrow.

Or two arrows, as a bow has an ROF of 2; I'm not sure if that applies in this situation or not.

[EDIT] Apparently Revien is blindfolded. Also forgot to add +1 for being an elf to the first roll, not that it makes ANY difference at all.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Cam has been moved at the direction of Imperialus -- see corrected map posted here.

OOC: Yes, Keldryn, rate of fire for a bow in AD&D is 2 arrows per round. Now there are some picky rules about firing missiles into melee, so I assumed that you fired at the nearest 'unengaged' targets, so as not to risk hitting you allies with 'friendly fire.' What you thought would be a miss may turn out to stick your buddy in a soft spot, if you fire into melee.

OOC: We'll give Jacob Marley/Odo some time to post. We have been moving the game forward awfully fast lately. We might want to watch that -- I'd hate to lose somebody to 'D&D Overkill' this early!

Attachments

• Orcs in Temple of the Frog 2.xls
    10 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo moves into the temple and takes up position right behind Cam (hex AE.40). He draws his flail along the way. He eyes the two orcs near the front of the temple, ready to strike should either of them approach.
Cam, I've got your back.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
<OOC: Next Round then? Consulting the map, looks like Shiyana will make a try for Orc #5.>

[EDIT] That's more like it!

"Eat oaken balance, defiler!"

[/EDIT]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I took the liberty of moving Turthain and Reviel into the temple. Hope their players don't mind.

Attachments

• Orcs in Temple of the Frog 3.xls
    22.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases