Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Orcs in the Temple of the ...... WHAT??

As the last orc dies with a puny whimper, stillness returns to the temple. Looking around now, you do not see any amphibians and lily pads, as you might expect to see in the Temple of the Frog, nor do you hear any 'ribbeting' priests. In fact, none of you is where he thought he was. What you do see is a number of black-hooded figures standing in shallow alcoves along the wall. The catechism painted in blood red on the front wall reads, "All Hail the Mighty Power of the Hell-Bridge Temple. We live to serve, we die to serve, All Hail."

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
... In fact, none of you is where he thought he was What you do see is a number of black-hooded figures standing in shallow alcoves along the wall. The catechism painted in blood red on the front wall reads, "All Hail the Mighty Power of the Hell-Bridge Temple. We live to serve, we die to serve, All Hail."

Shiyana's turquoise eyes widen at the new scene and the saying on the "front wall" (OOC: does that mean over where the dais/altar were...or still are?).

She will slowly back away from the dark shrouded figures in the alcoves, shield and cudgel raised, moving toward the center of the room and closer to Cam and Odo.

She will look to all of her companions, nervously, making sure everyone is still present and accounted for.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Hell-Bridge Temple

A dark-robed priest approaches the adventurers and softly says in a voice that sounds like it's coming from the grave, "Thank you for your valuable assistance. Clearly your arrival was the answer to our fervent prayers." He presses his hands together in front of his face and intones some words in an unfamiliar language, the very sound of which sends chills down your spines. "There, it is done -- you will now receive your reward in due course."

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
A dark-robed priest approaches the adventurers and softly says in a voice that sounds like it's coming from the grave, "Thank you for your valuable assistance. Clearly your arrival was the answer to our fervent prayers." He presses his hands together in front of his face and intones some words in an unfamiliar language, the very sound of which sends chills down your spines. "There, it is done -- you will now receive your reward in due course."

Cam moves to the front of the group interposing himself between the cultists and the other members of the party, his naked blade still dripping with orc blood "Who are you... and what are these prayers?"

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic

"Ohhhh bear-pucky." Shiyana says under her breath and looks nervous to the others.

Shiyana looks to where the doors of the Temple they'd entered had been. <OOC: Are they still there?>

Cam moves to the front of the group interposing himself between the cultists and the other members of the party, his naked blade still dripping with orc blood "Who are you... and what are these prayers?"

"Perhaps, Camlin, it might be best not to overstay our, er, welcome...or our, um, hosts...hospitality..." the half-elf druidess is decidedly uncomfortable.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Hell-Bridge Temple

"Perhaps, Camlin, it might be best not to overstay our, er, welcome...or our, um, hosts...hospitality..." the half-elf druidess is decidedly uncomfortable.
The priest smiles indulgently and says, in his voice that makes you think of dust, cobwebs, and rotting flesh, "Oh, don't worry about overstaying, we are always grateful for new celebrants. You're more than welcome to .. remain." Something about the way he says the word 'remain' just doesn't sit quite right with Shiyana and Cam. He continues, "The prayers I granted to you are our way of repaying your undertaking of such selfless deeds of great valor on behalf of our Church. The prayer will manifest the next time that you are in a life-or-death struggle, heh, I think you'll like it."

Shiyana is somewhat relieved to see that the doors to this place are still right where they were before.

Last edited:

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo eyes the robed figure. His hands tighten their grip on his flail and shield to point that his knuckles begin to turn white.
I do not know what "gods" you pray to, but it is clear that the Light of Pholtus does not fall on this temple. I will accept your thanks and be on my way for my duty here is done. Cam, Shiyana, I believe we were in the middle of dinner? Shall we be on our way?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Odo eyes the robed figure. His hands tighten their grip on his flail and shield to point that his knuckles begin to turn white.
I do not know what "gods" you pray to, but it is clear that the Light of Pholtus does not fall on this temple. I will accept your thanks and be on my way for my duty here is done. Cam, Shiyana, I believe we were in the middle of dinner? Shall we be on our way?

"Huh?" Shiyana is broken from her daze of concern by Odo's words.

"Yes! Yes, let's." she stammers.

"My, uh, thanks...for the blessing and all. Really not necessary. All in a day's maintenance of the Balance, ya know." she smiles weakly at the robed figure as she backs away toward the door.

"No need for us to...uh...'remain'...but appreciate the offer. Really. But we should be getting back." Throughout all of this she is edging her way for the doors.

<OOC: Just as an aside, is the color of my speech alright for people or too difficult to see? I could go a shade lighter if that would help? I can read everyone else's fine.>

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases