Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 18 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Ignore Morrus
    My communities:

Adventure A Week

Adventureaweek.com is a new venture, seemingly inspired by Monte Cook's Dungeonaday.com, which will provide weekly adventures for the Pathfinder RPG. The site takes adventure submissions, which offers a reasonable 40% royalty to the author - although I personally think the "your gateway into the industry" line was a bit overdone by third-party-publishers ten years ago, let alone now, as were royalties-only-based contracts for freelancers, so it remains to be seen whether it's a good deal for the authors when most publishers use a flat-fee arrangement. As an aside, though, I've long advised freelancers not to accept royalty-only deals or pay attention to the "you get exposure, so might make an RPG career out of it" type deals that used to be offered by many smaller publishers, and which even I have offered in my earliest ventures into publishing. But don't let that decide anything for you - it may well be a good arrangement for you, and the set-up does look professional and elegant.

The site will include a new default campaign setting and is subscription-based ($99 per year, or $10 per month, for, presumably, 52 adventures - which certainly sounds like value for money - it's cheaper per adventure than most adventure paths out there, though most folks won't use them all) and opens on March 1st, 2012. There's a free trial adventure called Crypt of the Sun Lord. The site is spearheaded by Jonathan Nelson and ENnie-winning cartographer Todd Gamble who I can vouch for as doing excellent work.

We'll have an in-depth review right here on EN World in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Morrus; Thursday, 9th February, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

+ Log in or register to post