Covers for the AD&D 1E Reprints

Woo-frakking-oot!

Release these babies to every store that will have them, forget exclusivity. Go for broke and watch the people lap these up.

All you have to do is look at the sales of the gilt edge hardcovers of classics ( the same ones we have for free on our e-readers ) and see the vast potential for these literal CLASSICS that everyone alive has heard of and/or has some passing interest, and let THAT determine your direction for 5e.

am181d

Adventurer
Not only did I stop buying anything from Wizards when they dropped support for PDFs, but I no longer buy books that aren't eBooks or comics that aren't digital.

But I will buy these.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Woo-frakking-oot!

Release these babies to every store that will have them, forget exclusivity. Go for broke and watch the people lap these up.

The gilt-edge hardcover classics that I've seen are around $20 and are 2-3 times as thick. The reasons why this is possible don't matter to most consumers.

For black-and-white books like these -- which are reprints of books that are easy to find in used book stores at their original cover prices -- WotC is smart to only print a small number of these books.

Heck, I've seen stores that have the EXACT SAME copies of their "limited edition" 4e rulebooks still sitting on the shelves. Most hobby and game shops simply can't move special edition / luxury priced gaming materials with any great speed right now, and that goes for both RPGs and games like Warhammer 40k.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've already got mine on preorder. I figure it's a good way to support Gygax, reward corporate behavior I'd like to see more of... yada yada yada.

These covers suck. they are lazy. 3rd edition beat the faux book cover to death and if they take that whole thing out to die somewhere in the desert I'd be okay with it.

Remove ads