Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief - OOC

Inspiratorium

First Post
I'd vote for a leader, personally. Knights don't need to mark. Deacon can handle multiple people if there's somebody to help him get into position.

Still, your decision. (an MBA granting Warlord would be nice for Deacon as well, though.)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Alright, I'm starting to build an artificer, been long since I wanted to play one, and never actually got to play one at level 12. I'll update when I have more.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Alright, I have it done I think:

Clock-Head

Clockwork_Engineer_Path_by_DaveAllsop.jpg

Clock-head was a codename given to assembler warforged CT12-34/Y , back in the days. He assembled constructs of diverse nature, and his abilities infusing alchemical compounds into these little clockwork golems was rather impressive. When the Great war exploded, and the Kingdom where Clock-head was heavily punished by the rigours of war, instead of fighting back, Clock-head fled. It is a good thing warforgeds don’t need food to keep running, because Clock-head wandered months in the wastelands.
Eventually, he was found, almost not functioning, by desert traders. These hard living folk took Clock-head in for his irreplaceable abilities, and made a good trader out of him. Life went easy enough until the giants attacked. They wrecked the caravan and killed almost all the traders, but Clock-head. He prevailed, at last, and laid a silent curse on the giantkin, and he would chase them to the end of the world to see it fulfilled.

Attachments

• D_D 4E Character Sheet.pdf
    927.5 KB · Views: 131

pathfinderq1

First Post
It looks like the new Heroes of the Elemental Chaos book has a theme that would be ideal for Miranda (Firecrafter). Since we haven't actually gotten into a fight yet, would it be too late to switch that to that theme (replacing Order Adept)?

tiornys

Explorer
It looks like the new Heroes of the Elemental Chaos book has a theme that would be ideal for Miranda (Firecrafter). Since we haven't actually gotten into a fight yet, would it be too late to switch that to that theme (replacing Order Adept)?

I'm good with that. Go ahead and use a +3/6/9 progression for the attacks instead of +2/4/6.

t~

tiornys

Explorer
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], I looked over Clock-head. A couple of things you might want to tweak:
I saw your background was Deserter, but I didn't see any benefit from the background.
You might prefer Eldritch Fusillade Expertise over Crossbow Expertise (since the latter does not apply to implement attacks). You'd lose the benefit against cover/concealment, but you'd gain a feat. At the least, take EFE over Rapid Reload so you can "upgrade" the free Versatile Expertise to Skill Training (or Linguist, or similar).
[sblock=Eldritch Fusillade Expertise]Eldritch Fusillade Expertise
Your hands move with surety of purpose and economy
of motion as you prepare to unleash a torrent
of bolts, both magical and physical, against your
enemies.
Prerequisite: Artificer, Crossbow Caster feat
Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls
that you make with a crossbow or a wand. This bonus
increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
You can also draw or stow a wand once per round
as a free action on your turn, and you can load a
crossbow as a free action.[/sblock]
Speaking of which, all of your implement attacks should gain +2 attack bonus from your free Versatile Expertise (or the above option). Sadly, I don't know of any way to make this work properly on the old CB (or the new one, for that matter, until they update VE to match the errata).
You might as well use Drowmesh over plain Leather for the free +1 Reflex.
You should add in your free Improved Defenses. I have your defenses at 27 AC, 23 Fort, 27 Reflex, 27 Will.
What energy type do you want your Armor of Resistance to apply to?
Last, I came out with 2pp left over after buying your eq, while your character sheet lists 10pp. Did I miss an ability or do something wrong when purchasing?

t~

Voda Vosa

First Post
Can't find the Eldritch Fusillade Expertise feat in my old CB. I added the versatile and imp. def. free feats, and also upgraded to Skill focus (heal).
Changed to drowmesh and added Fire to the type of energy resistance.

I don't get what you mean with the pp in equipment, sorry.

tiornys

Explorer
Eldritch Fusillade Expertise is from Dragon magazine, and it hasn't even hit the new CB yet (should be added this month). That's why I included the full text.

pp=platinum pieces.

t~

Voda Vosa

First Post
About the platinum pieces I thought I got 9 to spend. I bought two power jewels with the spare 2pp, getting a total of 10p in equipment, no money left.
So say I take the eldrich fussilare feat, I should add +2 to all my attack rolls then (not listed on my sheet)? I'll change rapid reload for that feat, since it lets me reload the crossbow as a free action (basically the same that rapid reload does).

So here it goes again!

Attachments

• Clockhead.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 114

Remove ads