Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Insight

Adventurer
"Wherever that lout Gouge-Eye went, I will follow," says Simon as he eyes the door. Those present notice the half-elf's left hand stoutly on the handle of the footman's flail at his belt. "I have tracked elven cats through the high forest. I can certainly follow a slovenly orc through this piss-muddle town." Simon takes a step towards the door. "I'd better get started before some troupe of harlots crosses his path and ruins my chances."

Iono

There is always a good tale behind almost everything, but patient my good lady ... there will be a time for a tale

Iono replies to Amaya and stands up, leaving a half filled mug of ale on the table, he adjusts his robe around him and the hood on top of his head, grabs the sturdy wooden staff and signals the others.

So we better be on our way. The Orc probably did not go far and with the nature of the brute, expect him to be in trouble with another of his kind but a few hundreds of meters from here.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Up! Well, looks like it's time to go, good matron.

"My thanks again for the ale. I'll be back again."
Raggs flashes a smile and trots back to the table to collect his shortbow and pack and follows Iono and Simon out of the tavern.

"Shall we, my dear?" he winks at Amaya.

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

Amaya gives Raggs a half-amused look, the corner of her mouth twitching with the hint of a smile......"by all means......after you, Shortie." And with that she walks away, her thick, long braid jostling back and forth as she walks purposely toward the door and holds it open for Raggs, determined not to be outdone by her cohorts, least of all that darn munchkin with an unflappable attitude.

Leif

Adventurer
In Highport, Pomarj

The four doughty adventurers exit the tavern in Highport one at a time, fist Simon, who begins scanning the ground for telletale signs of GougeEye's trail. Next comes Iono, being careful to stay behind the ranger both for protection and so as not to spoil any tracks that may be found. Next, the door opens wide and Raggs strolls through looking upwards to his right and winking at Amaya who holds open the door for him. Raggs and Amaya quickly spot Iono and Simon and the four of them form themselves into a group, Simon taking the lead.

[sblock=Super-Secret DM Dice Rolling]
[sblock=Boo! Keep out!]It says 'super-secret' ya know![/sblock]
[/sblock]

Simon noted back in the tavern that GougeEye was wearing hobnailed boots with a distinctively shaped heel. Now he has little trouble picking out the path that the Orc followed, and points the way forward for his companions.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Can I at get an Order of March now? Anybody doing anything besides trooping silently along after Simon?

Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

"Pay heed that you are awake this day......'Ole GougeEye is a crafty one, when he puts his mind to it....why, he might even be lying in wait to thin out our party for us. I would not get too comfortable if I were you, Ranger Simon." Amaya can't help but feel a little apprehensive as they follow along, it just makes the hair stand up on her neck as if a small cold breeze is blowing down her back. She has seen what an ambush is like and has no desire to replay that event in her life again. That was the day that she lost someone very near to her.
"I do not envy you the job of leading this "hunting pary", Master Simon. I will follow on the end if you don't mind. I don't readily trust just anyone to watch my back, though I am sure as not to offend, as you are all very capable and brave fellows. I just want to keep that rascal Raggs where I can see him. He's a might too friendly for my comfort right now."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simon notes GougeEye's trail leaves the settlement of Highport and plunges into a wooded ravine. Your ears tell you that there is a stream somewhere nearby.

Iono

The woodland ... be cautious.
Iono says as he falls back to the third place after Raggs.
The woods are home to beasts and creature that will tear your throat for a meal if one is left behind all alone, not to mention groups of human bandits and goblins marauders.
Iono scans the surrounding and listens as much as he can to avoid being ambushed by the Orc and is party. The Orc clearly was unhappy with Simon taunting him in the tavern.

Leif

Adventurer
Entering a Ravine near Highport, Pomarj

As the group is about to descend the slope down into the ravine, Simon sees a great jumble of tracks just outside where the slope begins. It appears that GougeEye met up with at least three others wearing the same style of hobnail boots and the entire group then proceeded into the ravine.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases