Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Insight

Adventurer
"That ravine is the likeliest place for an ambush," Simon remarks. The half-elf looks to the ridges on either side. "Our would-be ambushers would likely use one of those ridges to set up said ambush. Not that orcs are known for their skill at archery, but they sometimes consort with those who are skilled with the bow. Specifically, hobgoblins."

Simon takes a few steps forward, stopping at a tree stump. "We should set for one of those ridges and see if we can surprise these fools."

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs looks over, or rather under Simon's shoulder at the tracks...which look to him like nothing more than a bunch of dirt and grass.

"Mmhm. Mmhm. Yes, I see. Definitely." Raggs 'confirms.'

He pulls out and nocks his short bow.

"Iono and Amaya, you'd better stay here. I'll go check it out." he says with a wink to Simon.

<OOC: in case it comes into play or is necessary, I'll give you a "Move Silently' roll?

...and there it is...>

Raggs takes a single step before he trips and descends ass over backwards in a cacophony of clangs, "oomfs" and a string of hairfooted curses down into the wooded slope/ravine.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Raggs looks over, or rather under Simon's shoulder at the tracks...which look to him like nothing more than a bunch of dirt and grass.

"Mmhm. Mmhm. Yes, I see. Definitely." Raggs 'confirms.'

He pulls out and nocks his short bow.

"Iono and Amaya, you'd better stay here. I'll go check it out." he says with a wink to Simon.

<OOC: in case it comes into play or is necessary, I'll give you a "Move Silently' roll?

...and there it is...>

Raggs takes a single step before he trips and descends ass over backwards in a cacophony of clangs, "oomfs" and a string of hairfooted curses down into the wooded slope/ravine.

Simon smirks. "This is starting out just like that problem we had with the goblins. I certainly hope, for your sake, that there isn't a pit trap filled with spikes this time."

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

"Indeed. I have a better idea, why don't you stay here, and I go???" Amaya stands there feet shoulder width apart and hands on her hips. Lookingdown at the display of swiftness of feet with a satisfied smirk on her face. Serves him right for "suggesting" that she stay back....yet, she knew that where they were going, it was going to test all of them....and they had better be on guard.

Leif

Adventurer
At the Top [and Bottom] of a Ravine near Highport, Pomarj

...and there it is...>

[sblock=Raggs ONLY]
[repeating for effect] Raggs takes a single step before he trips and descends ass over backwards in a cacophony of clangs, "oomfs" and a string of hairfooted curses down into the wooded slope/ravine.
"Well, looky whats we gots us he-e-ere." mutters a soft, gutteral voice near the place where Raggs's feet came to rest. At least he assumes so, since he can't really tell with his face in the dirt and grass. [/sblock]

Everyone else
Raggs tumbles through a pile of old leaves and over a pile of deadfall tree limbs before coming to rest. At least 'coming to rest' in your best judgment, because the crashing has now stopped.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[sblock=Raggs ONLY]
[repeating for effect] Raggs takes a single step before he trips and descends ass over backwards in a cacophony of clangs, "oomfs" and a string of hairfooted curses down into the wooded slope/ravine.
"Well, looky whats we gots us he-e-ere." mutters a soft, gutteral voice near the place where Raggs's feet came to rest. At least he assumes so, since he can't really tell with his face in the dirt and grass. [/sblock]

[sblock=At the bottom]
Raggs rouses himself from the ground as quickly as he is able and takes in his surroundings, specifically, the source of the gutteral voice and anyone else who is in the area.

He will not make any sudden/hostile moves for weapons. Getting up, brushing himself off, getting his bearings. Likely flashing a smile at whomever he has landed in the midst of.

OOC: What do I see?
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

[sblock=Raggs at the bottom]
There are two orcs between Raggs and his friends and a few feet to his right (left as he tumbled down). They are blocked from the view of the others by brush and debris, and they are also camouflaged by dirt and leaves clinging to their persons. The orcs are armed with clubs.
[/sblock]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[sblock=Raggs at the bottom]
There are two orcs between Raggs and his friends and a few feet to his right (left as he tumbled down). They are blocked from the view of the others by brush and debris, and they are also camouflaged by dirt and leaves clinging to their persons. The orcs are armed with clubs.

OOC: Are either of the orcs I see GougeEye?

IC: "AH! Excellent, HERE you are." Raggs says nonchalantly and pokes at one of his ears.

"I SEEM TO HAVE SOMETHING LODGED IN MY EAR!" he continues louder than is necessary (hoping his friends might hear him) and points at the side of his head, addressing the orcs before him.

"WAS HOPING TO FIND YOU. NICE JOB WITH THE CAMO, BY THE WAY! NO NEED FOR CLUBS, MY ORC FRIENDS. I THOUGHT WE MIGHT DISCUSS SOME BUSINESS..." Raggs continues at a near holler.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

OOC, Simon, Amaya, and Iono: Each of you roll 1d6, please, for a listen check to see if you hear Raggs (Iono and Amaya will hear him on 1-3, Simon on 1-4).

[sblock=OOC, Raggs]
The orcs look at each other with puzzled expressions. Business? Halfling crazy. Let's eat him -- crazy tastes good!"
[/sblock]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC, Simon, Amaya, and Iono: Each of you roll 1d6, please, for a listen check to see if you hear Raggs (Iono and Amaya will hear him on 1-3, Simon on 1-4).

[sblock=OOC, Raggs]
The orcs look at each other with puzzled expressions. Business? Halfling crazy. Let's eat him -- crazy tastes good!"
[/sblock]

[sblock] <speaking orc> "Oh. heh heh. I don't think GOUGEEYE would like that very much." Raggs replies in orcish. <back in Common>"I'm here to do BUSINESS with GOUGEEYE. YOU FELLAS KNOW HIM?" Raggs hollers again, tweaks at his ear and opens his mouth really wide, as if trying to 'pop' his ear, then looks at the orcs before him with a calm grin on his face.

OOC: If they make a move for Raggs, I am going to hightail it into the nearest clump of bushes and trees and try to hide![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases