Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Amaya Kam looked with some trepidation at the angry orc customer who seemed ready to renege on their "deal" to buy some weapons. "Ah, well," she thought, "they're not my goods, after all." The only difficult part would be explaining to her bosses why she returned without either the weapons or the money. Iono the prestidigitator looked on with some small interest. He had need of good swords to help him with his wicked plans -- if this wench survived the orc, she might be worthy. Iono winked at Raggs the halfling who is sitting across from him, indicating the sport developing nearby. Simon "the Warrior" (who felt it wise to drop his usual appellations of 'good' and 'ranger' while here in Highport on the northern coast of the Pomarj) looked on with some concern for the lass. What would she do? What would the orc do? Would anyone intervene?

Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Without as much as a word, Amaya slowly walks to the bar and orders two of the foulest concoctions that are known to drink, a local favorite of the orc in question. "A drink first, to our venture," Amaya toasts and raises her mug, keeping one eye on her customer and one hand on her weapon, ready to strike, should the deal turn sour.

Leif

Adventurer
The orc eyed the proffered drink with uncertainty. "I am parched now that you mention it, but, ahhh..." the orc suddenly looks very uncertain of himself -- if he accepts the drink offered so publicly, he won't very well be able to walk out without paying the agreed-upon price, if he refuses, well, it is his favorite drink, after all, and free to boot! Not knowing what else to do, he stands stammering like a fool, shifting his weight from foot to foot, hoping that a way out of this situation presents itself soon.

Insight

Adventurer
Simon, his hand cautiously moving towards the handle of the footman's flail dangling at his waist, approaches the orc. The half-elf knew their kind -- filthy orcs, their minds only on conquest and pillaging -- Simon had no doubt that this brigand had his mind on raping Amaya right in front of everyone and killing Simon and his allies. It's just what orcs do.

[sblock=In Orcish...]"Nothing is free in this world... friend..."[/sblock]

Simon eyes the orc with the stare of a hunter. The orc might not leave here alive if he does even one thing that the ranger interprets as a threat.

[sblock=In Orcish...]"I know your kind. I know who you really serve. Don't think I haven't heard the warcries to your one-eyed god. Don't think I don't know about my people, tied to poles, sacrificed to Gruumsh. Don't think for a moment I won't strike you down where you stand."[/sblock]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs notes Iono's look and turns, with some interest to the building tensions by the bar.

He slurps at the bottom of his freshly emptied mug and looks around for that "pretty lil' thing" of a barmaid.

Not immediately seeing her, the hairfoot leans closer to the mage across the table with a widening grin and says, "I'll give you 5 silver on the orc walkin' out of here alive."

Raggs then cases the orc's waist for pouches, purses, anything of interest that might be grabbable. The halfling had no love for orcs, but they were all over the place in this country and he wasn't about to take on an entire kingdom of them...least, not yet.

He folded his arms and watched the drama continue to unfold. Raggs was fairly comfortable that his bet was a solid one...if Iono took him up on it.

Leif

Adventurer
To Simon, the belligerant orc says, [sblock=in orcish]"You'd better take care, Sharp Ears," the orc used the epithet commonly applied to elves by orcs. "You're a long, long way from Highfolk. I've got some mates in this very bar, and here you are all by your lonesome."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iono, magic user

You have my bet Raggs but the Orc will not give so easily.
Iono replies as he gazed with interest at the two mixed blood interact with the stupid Orc. He had no love for Orcs but the human mage knew when to shut up and leave the situation for others. He knew he was fragile and thin and that he was not a match for the Orc in a melee combat but someday, someday he will be strong, not with useless muscles but with the arcane power to manipulate his surroundings and the beings around him.
But alas, they were still his companions and being all alone in this Orcish infested land without his backup will be foolish.
Iono placed his hand on his long walking wooden staff that rested on the nearby wall and readied himself for whatever should happen.

Insight

Adventurer
To Simon, the belligerant orc says, [sblock=orcish]"You'd better take care, Sharp Ears," the orc used the epithet commonly applied to elves by orcs. "You're a long, long way from Highfolk. I've got some mates in this very bar, and here you are all by your lonesome."[/sblock]

Simon snorts at the orc.

[sblock=In Orcish...]"Do you think I come in here unprepared? By myself? That would be an underestimation most foolish."[/sblock]

The half-elf looks at his companions, watching each one for their attentiveness to the orc and his potential allies here in the tavern. Simon's hand crept ever closer to that footman's flail at his belt.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Bloody Stump Tavern, Highport, Pomarj

A LARGE and irate orcish barmatron thrusts her wet mop between the orc and Simon. "Awwroight! Vat's enough! Toik it auwside. NOW! I'm runnin' a peaceable place 'ere! If'n ye don' bulleev me jus' as' the last lot o' rotters I sent to the 'ealer!" And turning to the orc, she cotinues, "I don't know 'im, but I knows YOU, GougeEye, and I knows ye well enough to 'ave moi oi on ye's as soon as ye comes tru mye door!" The belligerent orc backs down, grabs his sack from under the table, and makes as if to leave, his eyes never leaving the matron.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs smirks at the scene with the barmatron, which turns to a grin when the roundly chastised orc seems to make ready to leave.

He casually lays one hand out on the table (palm down). He is waiting for the orc's foot to pass the threshold before telling Iono to "Pay up."

As he waits, his eyes shift to the other orcs in the tavern that might be the 'mates' that GougeEye had mentioned. So if things went sour, he'd have an idea who to worry about entering the fray...though staying close to a wizard in a fight was usually prudent, or so he had heard.

Iono was actually the first practitioner of the mysterious Arts he had ever actually met. And he seemed friendly enough company thus far.

Raggs then realized he was still 'dry'...where was that serving wench, anyway? the halfling wondered<OOC: assuming it is not the bar matron, herself /OOC> as his other hand played along the pommel of the dagger on his belt.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases