Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
A Ravine Near Highport, Pomarj

OOC, Simon, Amaya, and Iono: Forget the listen checks, all hear Raggs' shout speaking Orcish.

Quick, Raggs is in trouble.
Iono say as he begins to climb down cautiously, as he himself do not want to be flanked by some nasty Orcs.

OOC – can we see the Orcs that ventured to engage him? I assume we all saw Raggs crushing down right?

Lynda Lawless

First Post
With a quick check of her weapons and a shrug of her shoulders, Amaya begins to make her way down......may not be the smartest move, she tells herself, but, there is a certain amount of security to be had in numbers. ......and it doesn't hurt to know someone has your back when orcs are involved.

Leif

Adventurer

Raggs's friends begin their approach, and as if on cue, the orc's friends step out and reveal themselves, too!

OOC: Roll initiative, please, and if you beat a 1, post actions!

FYI: You can see over the brush, but those sqares cost 2 squares of movement to enter. The wooded hillside and Trees suares cost 1 sqare of movement to enter, but visibility is only 70%.

Attachments

• Orcs in the Woods 1.xls
    12 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Iono

Iono tighten his grip on his staff as he descends, he surveys the area and his opponent. His magical abilities are limited and he had managed to master a single spell, but an accurate and a deadly one.
“Hetz Kasum”
Iono calls out and creates an energy ball in his palm, he focus and the ball takes the shape of a silver sparkle bolt. A mischievous grin appears on the mage’s face as he directs the magical bolt to the nearest Orc, hopefully, his friends will be intimidated by the presence of a mage.

OOC - that's all. only 1 spell, now, Iono is a simple peasent.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION]: are we rolling one "nish" for the group or individually? Let me know if you want Raggs to roll separately. Otherwise...

IC: Presuming Raggs can hear his friends coming and/or hear/see the "BZZAMPH!" of Iono's magic missile. Raggs draws his short sword and dives/dodges/tries to move into the brush to hide/move around the edge of the battle to set up a position for a Backstab!

OOC: Looks like that would be that patch of green two squares to his "right" (looking at the map) and try to slink around to get behind O2.

If that isn't really plausible, he'll just strike out with his short sword at the nearest orc...which, actually, according to the map...would that be O1 or O2?...and then try to get behind them./OOC

IC: Again, assuming he heard the mage's incantation and resulting attack, before he tries to make himself scarce, Raggs says with a sinister looking grin, "Oh, did I mention I have a wizard with me?"

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Amaya and Iono have each rolled init., so it looks like individual initiatives to me. ;) Raggs was under direct observation by the enemy, and the rules specifically state that it's not possible to hide in shadows when being directly observed. BUT, beacause of the distraction provided by Amaya's bow shot and Iono's spell, I'll allow the Raggs to make the attempt if he succeeds on a saving throw vs. Petrification made at +2. You can either add the roll to Post #57, Post #59, or make a new post.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ok. Sounds good...

And, of course, Raggs ties the orcs for initiative. I'm guessing, since he didn't have a weapon drawn from the start, the orcs get to go first?

As for the save, looks like I made it...if I survive. lol.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Nope, tied initiative is tied initiative. Remember, combat rounds in AD&D are a minute long, so there's plenty of time to draw a weapon. Also, next time, it should be the monsters who have to save to avoid distraction, depending upon the specific circumstances of the situation. Just need an action for Simon before I can wrap the round this afternoon or evening.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases