Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Amaya, and Simon may attack again, and Iono and Raggs may do .... whatever it is they want to do within some reason. ;)

OOC: Raggs is still looting...I mean, unless there are 10 orcs bearing down on his position. :D Then we're going for the "Hiding in shadows" or running the frag away! lol.

Leif

Adventurer
A Ravine Near Highport, Pomarj - Raggs

So far, Raggs comes up with 10 gp, 34 sp, a carved pewter dagger sheath that he estimates to be worth 30 gp, and a crumpled piece of parchment. And all the dead orc he can eat!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
So far, Raggs comes up with 10 gp, 34 sp, a carved pewter dagger sheath that he estimates to be worth 30 gp, and a crumpled piece of parchment. And all the dead orc he can eat!

OOC: lol.

IC: "Bah." Dead orc is not so tasty, Raggs thinks to himself. He doesn't have his auntie's signature BBQ sauce recipe with him. But Auntie Clovertoe's BBQ is not to be trifled with. "Gotta get that", he mumbles to himself as he climbs back up the slope to the wizard's position, thinking of his aunt's recipe.

<OOC: He, obviously, takes the coins and sheathe and the parchment and begins his climb to...

AE-31...getting next to/close to Iono. Assuming, of course, that Simon and Amaya will be joining them shortly./OOC>

As he nears Iono's position he unfurls the parchment to see what it says...
<OOC: What's it say/have on it?!>

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

While the orc is otherwise engaged with Simon, Amaya decides to scramble back up the ravine and there she finds Iono and the "fearless" Raggs. She says nothing, just sighs heavily and leans against a nearby tree, wincing as it touches her still tender limbs.

Leif

Adventurer
A Ravine Near Highport, Pomarj - Raggs

[sblock=Raggs only!]
The parchment is a crude map apparently showing the route to a tower in the forest. The map also seems to show an extensive network of tunnels beneath the tower, but the tunnels are not shown with any accuracy. There is some writing on the map, too. Can Raggs read orcish?
[/sblock]

OOC: Poor Simon! Left all alone to fend for himself with a nasty, cursing orc on his hands! Remind me never to go aventuring with you lot! I foresee some bonus xp for the Ranger if he soldiers on and is victorious!

*Demerits for Lynda Lawless for smarting off to the DM in post 106! AHMMMMM, I'm tellin'!! :p
Somebody might want to do some 'splainin' to the poor, misguided lass....

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[sblock=Raggs only!]
The parchment is a crude map apparently showing the route to a tower in the forest. The map also seems to show an extensive network of tunnels beneath the tower, but the tunnels are not shown with any accuracy. There is some writing on the map, too. Can Raggs read orcish?

Well that's up to you. He can, as a halfling, speak it...which presumably means he can understand it if heard...does that mean he can read it also?

And...how do I know, from looking at this map if the tunnels are shown with any accuracy?

[sblock]PS: sblocks work best if you close them ;) lol [/sblock]

OOC: Poor Simon! Left all alone to fend for himself with a nasty, cursing orc on his hands! Remind me never to go aventuring with you lot! I foresee some bonus xp for the Ranger if he soldiers on and is victorious!

Raggs rolls up the scroll (or folds the parchment, whichever works) and grins at the tired looking Amaya. "So d'ja finish him off?" the blond hairfoot smiles at the warrior-woman. "Wait. Wheres Simon?"

*Demerits for Lynda Lawless for smarting off to the DM in post 106! AHMMMMM, I'm tellin'!! :p
Somebody might want to do some 'splainin' to the poor, misguided lass....

*I'mmmm missin' somethin'. Read post 106...still don't get it. Wud I miss?

Leif

Adventurer
Well that's up to you. He can, as a halfling, speak it...which presumably means he can understand it if heard...does that mean he can read it also?

And...how do I know, from looking at this map if the tunnels are shown with any accuracy?
If he can speak it he can read it. Thanks for answering my question, I wasn't sure if they could speak it. He can tell the tunnels are shown inaccurately because they're just a jumble of scribbles.

BTW, fixed spoiler below in #105.

[sblock=Steeldragons]
*I'mmmm missin' somethin'. Read post 106...still don't get it. Wud I miss?
Lynda Lawless smarted off to the DM, which she thinks she can do because she's the DM's woman.
[/sblock]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
If he can speak it he can read it. Thanks for answering my question, I wasn't sure if they could speak it. He can tell the tunnels are shown inaccurately because they're just a jumble of scribbles.

BTW, fixed spoiler below in #105.

[sblock=Steeldragons]
Lynda Lawless smarted off to the DM, which she thinks she can do because she's the DM's woman.
[/sblock]

Ohhhhh. I seeee. lol.

So, what's the map say...since Raggs can read orcish?

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=What the map says]
"You come here to Tower in Woods. Join up with our gang. We kill many, steal much. Just like old times. We have many shields, many swords. No more stinking clubs. When we take break from kill, steal, we go check basement. Old spooky stuff there, but maybe we find old treasure, too. We got shaman. Him help."
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases