Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"How DARE you, sir! I thought we were friends! Sneak? Sneak?! Sneak nothing! I killed those orcs fair n' square! This is mine.

"BUT, because I am such a kind and caring friend, I will let you seeee this parchment...which is mine. Here..."
Raggs passes of the map to Iono before, again, unsheathing his short short and unshoulder his shield.

The hairfoot is heard grumbling to himself as he returns to Simon's position. "mumble...mumble...Sneak?!...mumble...'took so long'...grumble...THREE on my own, ya know....mumble grumble..."

<OOC: Lemme know when we're in the next round so I'll post rolls for Raggs to attack Orc5.>

Leif

Adventurer
In the woods near Highport, Pomarj

[no offense intended, Insight, but I'll roll an attack for Simon in the interest of advancing the action, ok? ;) ]

The orc attacks again, missing, and then Simon hefts his footman's flail and attacks again, as Raggs grumbles and whines as he circles around to come at the orc's blind side. Simon's flail smashes into the orc's head, caving it in bloodily and killing the orc.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"HA!" bursts Raggs. Pointing toward Simon with his short sword. "See that? I knew he had it under control. Well done."

In a single turn on his heel, he returns to where Iono and Amaya are.

"So wizard, where d'ya think that tower is? It's got treasure in it, right? Everyone interested in getting some treasure?" Raggs looks around at Amaya and Simon's faces with a broad expectant smile.

Without waiting for answers, he continues, "Yep. See. Thought so.

"So where to?"
he grins up at Iono.

Leif

Adventurer
In the woods near Highport, Pomarj

Now that Raggs looks at the map again, the tower is shown as being just some 6 or 7 miles from Highport, Pomarj to the west. There is also a large ravine shown 2 miles from Highport to the west-southwest.

OOC: Edit Notes - corrected directions to fit better with Greyhawk map.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
[no offense intended, Insight, but I'll roll an attack for Simon in the interest of advancing the action, ok? ;) ]

The orc attacks again, missing, and then Simon hefts his footman's flail and attacks again, as Raggs grumbles and whines as he circles around to come at the orc's blind side. Simon's flail smashes into the orc's head, caving it in bloodily and killing the orc.

Ha! With that kind of rolling you can keep doing it IMO :p

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Is the ravine on the map not the same ravine they are/were just in? Also, 6 or 7 miles...trying to think what that means in "leagues." If my memory serves/doing the math right (never EVER count on my math done in my head!) That would be 2 hours, give or take of walking, right? Can we walk there today or does that indicate an "over night" journey? I'm not sure, Raggs and the others, I imagine, would be./OOC

"So...it says there might be some treasure and some "spooky things" in this tower here. Just a few miles that way. Also seems to indicate there will be a whole bunch of orcs...with a shaman, too...when we arrive there. What say you noble heroes? Shall we?" he grins at Amaya.

"Between the 'spooky' and the 'shaman', should we perhaps pool our resources to solicit some aid from a priestly sort...not that we need one of course, with your grand mastery of magic, friend Iono." Raggs adds with a smile, so as not to offend his arcane companion's skill.

Leif

Adventurer
About The Map

Yes, Steeldragons, Raggs judges that he is, in fact, standing at the edge of the ravine shown on the map. A league is three miles. Overall, you estimate that the tower is 8-9 miles away from where you now stand. Given the fact that it is already mid-afternoon, and that your rate of travel will be limited by the small steps of Raggs, your halfling companion, you should probably plan to enter the tower tomorrow. Travelling to the tower, however, could be done today, depending on how you feel about spending the night out in the woods.

**Raggs' idea about 'priestly help' is not necessarily a bad idea. The party is short a healer, after all....**

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Yes, Steeldragons, Raggs judges that he is, in fact, standing at the edge of the ravine shown on the map. A league is three miles. Overall, you estimate that the tower is 8-9 miles away from where you now stand. Given the fact that it is already mid-afternoon, and that your rate of travel will be limited by the small steps of Raggs, your halfling companion, you should probably plan to enter the tower tomorrow. Travelling to the tower, however, could be done today, depending on how you feel about spending the night out in the woods.

OOC: Simon has no problem spending the night in the woods, naturally :p

Iono judge the map and address the party with a mystery voice
Towers were the dwelling of old and powerful wizards in the far past ... with weird guardians to protect the tomes and magical artifacts of the tower masters.
He pass his finger on the map, trying to figure out the directions
We should go back to the road and find a traveler’s inn to discuss how to proceed. I need to rest and prepare myself for the next day if we are going to assault another group of Orcs. But first we should head out of here ... It will be unwise to test the Orc crying for help by staying here and wait for other Orc brutes to arrive.

Turning to his little friend he says as he hands him back the map
A priest you say. It is a wise thought, we should visit the first HUMAN temple we find and try to hire a healer for our cause.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases