Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

"Lead on then.....daylight is wasting. I am of the same mind as Iono, it would be wise to put as much distance between ourselves and our orc "friends" as possible."
with that said, Amaya adjusts her bastard sword, picks up her shield and follows in behind Iono, Simon and Raggs.

Leif

Adventurer
On the Trail of Adventure in The Pomarj

The doughty adventurers head off in the direction they judge to be west, or nearly so. This will put the 'jewel of civilization' of Highport even further behind them, which may not be an unwelcome turn of events even though it had already begun to seem strangely familiar to them. As luck would have it, they reach a 'settlement,' really just a small cluster of a few buildings, a well, and a small tree-shaded corral. There is a sign at the edge of the settlement identifying it as Chryll's Tavern, "population 78 humans". The largest of the buildings does have a sign that proclaims "Chryll's" above its open door. There is also a round building of stone identified as a temple.

The adventurers judge that they have approximately 3 miles left to travel before they reach the tower on their map. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a road leading in the direction that they need to travel. Simon, however, is confident that the band of hardy souls can find sufficient game trails and so forth to reach their goal.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Seems the gods are already on our side, givin us a decent place to rest." Raggs smiles at the relatively pitiful collection of buildings constituting "Chyrll's Tavern." Not really so much larger, other than in the "big folk" kind of way, than his own rural hometown.

He smiles broadly at his companions and suggests "Nothing like a cooling ale after a long day's efforts, eh? What say we take in a sip or three and see what there is to gather about the temple, there. Maybe we'll find a kindly cleric who wishes to aid our illustrious pursuit."

Unless someone offers a different course of action, Raggs will set off for the building marked "Chryll's", all but smacking his dry mouth at the thought of some alcoholic libation.

OOC: Are there any signage/images/statuary/symbols that give any sort of indication to whom the round stone temple is dedicated?...without having to go right up to it, I mean./OOC

Leif

Adventurer
On the Trail of Adventure in The Pomarj

OOC: Raggs expects that this is like many temples/shrines in smaller settlements located in less civilized areas, and is not dedicated to a particular diety, but rather will welcome any priest that is willing to conduct one or more services there. That is not to say that the people will just worship any deity, but they will tolerate any 'normal' good deity , where the meaning of 'normal' also varies from place to place.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Simon the half-elf looks in the direction of said tavern. "I suppose it would only briefly delay us should we wish to partake in some ale and stories from the locals." he says coolly. "In fact, I wonder if we might learn something of this tower we pursue."

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

"you go on and see what you can find out, I thinks I will do a quick "walk about" this town and see what the livelihood is here. I will join you shortly."

Leif

Adventurer
On the Trail of Adventure in The Pomarj, Chryll's Tavern

It's getting to be late afternoon now, so the early evening crowd is slowly beginning to filter in over at Chryll's Tavern. The eponymous "town" or "hamlet" of Chryll's Tavern consists of the tavern, the generic shrine, a blacksmith, a carpenter, and a large building that looks faily industrial in scope, but it seems to be suffering from neglect. The grass of the lawn is long, in places even sprouting through the porch of the place, and the bushes have gone somewhat wild, too. To one side of the building there are several large stone vessels fitted to accept wooden carrying poles so that they can be borne by teams of men. There are also a number of grain silos down the street a bit. Across from the silos is what looks to be a general store or provisioner.

OOC: Where does Amaya wish to go? What's everyone else doing?

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

OOC: nO where really. She is just brooding over her "failings" in battle. She was just clearing her head. She is heading back to Chryll's now for a drink.

Leif

Adventurer
On the Trail of Adventure in The Pomarj, Chryll's Tavern

Simon, Iono, and Raggs step through the doors of Chryll's Tavern, and are greeted by the heady aroma of stewed potatoes, turnips, and fricaseed fowl. Underlying the aromas of the evening's supper is the rich, earthy scent of a hearty, freshly brewed ale. There are three tables of four locals each, and two vacant tables, one near the bar on the right side, one near the door on the left side. There is a rack for hats and cloaks near the door, holding several hats and two cloaks.

OOC: Amaya will be along shortly, evidently.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Mmmmm" Raggs all but moans at the heady aromas.

The hairfoot explorer saunters up to the bar with a broad smile. He'll nod silent hellos to any of the locals who give the party a look coming in.

"That smells, fanTAStic!"
the halfling exclaims.

Assuming there is a barkeep behind the bar or one comes out at their arrival/Raggs' comment, he'll order. "I'll take a plate of whatever you have cooking back there...a pint of ale for me and a round for my friends, here."

And then plop himself, sniffing in deeply, at the table near the door. Unload his bow and quiver and shield on the floor beside him and prop up his bare road-dusty feet into one of the other chairs for a good stretch/recline, grinning broadly the whole time. Yes, thinks Raggs, this is the good adventuring life.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases