Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Iono

Iono walks to the tavern’s master and orders a room with 4 beds for the group. In addition he asks him about who maintains the little shrine over here and other rumors about bandits and marauders in the area?

Leif

Adventurer
On the Trail of Adventure in The Pomarj, Chryll's Tavern

To Raggs the barkeep, presumably 'Chryll,' you surmise, says, "That'll be 1 sp, 1 cp, Sahr." He plops a mug brimmimg with ale down before Raggs, and very soon a large trencher filled with hearty stew follows.

And turning to Iono, Chryll says, "5 sp, 2 cp, please, Sahr, and we're always hearing rumors around here. We'll put you lot in Room 4. The shrine is maintained by all the folks around here share and share alike -- it's not dedicated to any certain god, but is used by any priest who comes to 'town' that we can convince to hold a service. We only asks priests of 'good' gods to do so, though. Now, lately we have been hearing more and more about troubles with orcs on the roads, and we've also had some woodsmen come in who spotted the Great Woods Bug awhile back."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Chryll says, "Aye, that you did, Sahr! The Great Woods Bug is a monstrous big bug, some says eight feet long, some says ten, and some says twenty! I ain't-a-never actually seen it myself, so I don't know who's telling me right, but they all says that its got a hard-like shell, eyes on stalks, and will sometimes bust up out of the ground to eat a man, a horse, or other beast, if'n it hears un walk over it. Now the strangest thing I ever heerd tell of about it is that it must be able to fly or race along by magic or something, because some folk will say it's in one place when other folk will say it's miles and miles away in another place just a few moments later! And the dingdest thing is that the first man will say it's twelve feet long while the second will say the pox on that it was twenty if'n it was an inch! Monstrous big, I tells ye!" Chryll shudders at the thought.

Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

Chryll says, "Aye, that you did, Sahr! The Great Woods Bug is a monstrous big bug, some says eight feet long, some says ten, and some says twenty! I ain't-a-never actually seen it myself, so I don't know who's telling me right, but they all says that its got a hard-like shell, eyes on stalks, and will sometimes bust up out of the ground to eat a man, a horse, or other beast, if'n it hears un walk over it. Now the strangest thing I ever heerd tell of about it is that it must be able to fly or race along by magic or something, because some folk will say it's in one place when other folk will say it's miles and miles away in another place just a few moments later! And the dingdest thing is that the first man will say it's twelve feet long while the second will say the pox on that it was twenty if'n it was an inch! Monstrous big, I tells ye!" Chryll shudders at the thuoght.[/QUOTE"what's the charge for the bedtime story?" Amaya interjects as she saunters into the tavern just in time to hear the barkeeps tale of monstrous bugs.

Leif

Adventurer

"What's the charge for the bedtime story?" Amaya interjects as she saunters into the tavern just in time to hear the barkeep's tale of monstrous bugs.
"Ahh, no charge, no charge, Mum," mutters Chryll as he clutches his cap to his breast and backs away from the fearsome warrior woman hastily, "I gots go check on, the ahh, that ahh thing," he stammers. He retreats into the kitchen, but he returns moments later. "I forgot -- me wife's, well, never you good folks mind about that. Anythin' else I can tell ye's about that monstous big bug?"

Last edited:

Nothing more but a bowl with hot water to the room.
Iono replies and retires to the room.
To his friends he say
I must rest, to regain my strength. please be quite when you enter the room, even if you plan on being drunk. We will find a priest to join us in the morning.
With that, he leaves.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Sure you don't want something to eat, Iono? S'bloody fine good stew, if I do say so, Master Chryll." Raggs' mumbles through large mouthfuls of the savory dish.

He raises the mug to his lips (which nearly conceals the whole of his face) and takes a long drink. Setting the now half-empty mug down with a thud and loud "K'Ahhhhh. That's the stuff."

He turns to Chryll and says, offhandedly, "Sounds like ya got gophers." then digs his spoon into the remaining bits of stew and continues to shovel it into his mouth with appreciative "mm's".

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Oh no. Of course not. I mean they sound like gophers. Like we had back home.

"Try to slam one with your spade and another pops up outta some other hole on the other side of the garden. It's infuriating ya know.

"'Cept fer Old Thistlebuck. He had the darnest trouble with 'em fer the longest time."

Raggs take a moment to drain the other half of his ale. He offers the empty mug in Chryll's direction as he wipes the ale foam moustache from his top lip with the back of his hand.

"Then, one day, he got his hands on some kinda flute or pipes or something. Tweeted some tune and all of the gophers came out of the ground and followed him out of the garden. True story! Never had trouble with them again...He'd won the harvest fair's produce contest with his prized green-bottom squash three seasons runnin' when I left.

"Uhmmmm...What were we talking about?

"Oh yeah! Priests...and ale. 'Nother fer me, please."
he smiles at the barkeeper. "You don't happen to know, Master Chryll, if there are any of those 'goodly' type priests about, in town, today, are there? Is there more stew? Amaya, you really outta try some. Simon? And what were you sayin' 'bout your wife? Is she the cook? Bloody good one."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases