Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: SHahWEETEST! You are the bestest DM ever, Leif! lol. /OOC

Raggs dives onto the creature's back (thorax?) with all of the force his short sword has to bare...

GuhZICKS! And misses terribly. (OOC: again, we are sooooo dead)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Heading Towards the Tower

OOC: steeldragons could you please give me a party initiative check?? Sorry, you remembered and added it when I was typing the reminder. The Anhkeg has init. 6 to 4 after all, so no nice surprises there.

OOC: Still need actions/attacks for Simon and Amaya.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Considering this will likely be Simon's last action, he will bravely swing away at the Ankheg.

... and fails as usual.

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

"AAAAAuuuuughhhh!" Amaya yells as she puts all her weight into a thrusting move with her bastard sword. With both hands firmly on her bastard sword, she makes a lunging stab at the beast.....the beast rolls and Amaya's sword misses its aim.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

OOC, Lynda Lawless: The Anhkeg is size L, so your 2-handed bastard sword attack does 2-16 damage, or 2d8. Against size S or M opponents it does 2-8 or 2d4 damage. Turns out that it never does 1d10 damage. What that means is that against a medium or small opponent, your always better off to use your bastard sword with one hand than with two. With one hand, it does 1d8 damage against Sor M, which means you have 1 chance in 8 of doing maximum damage. With 2 hands it does 2d4 or 2-8 damage, which means you only have 1 chance in 16 of doing the same maximum damage of 8.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

The Anhkeg pulls back, snarls at Raggs, and dives into the earth again. Evidently, the taste of Simon didn't agree with him.

[OOC: Sorry guys, totally my bad! Should've known better than to hit you guys with something like an Anhkeg. What can I say?? It's been a LONG time since I DM'ed AD&D 1E.]

[OOC: So who's hurt?]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Heading Towards the Tower -- Ring

"Wow, Mage Iono! I am in awe of your vast arcane might! I only hope that I can prove myself worthy of walking in your shadow on this adventure. Say, does anyone need any healing yet," inquires Acolyte Ringersly?

OOC: I [as DM] really don't think anyone's hurt yet, but if anyone is, then please re-set your current hit points to maximum. We'll start fresh after that abortive attempt at combat. Ring is just being over-anxious to prove himself worthy of being with this august band of hardy heroes. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases