Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Insight

Adventurer
Simon approaches the door and examines it. "Traps are not my specialty, nor are locked doors. I suppose that some treasure may lay beyond this door. I'm afraid I'm of little use in terms of opening the door, unless we are to force it open."

Iono

None of us is strong enough to bash the door apart.
Iono says as he approaches the door.
What about the windows or another secret entrance somewhere around here. A clever wizard will not build a single escape route from his tower. There is always another entrance.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs will give it a shot.

"Good point about anoth0er entrance, Iono. We might be able to find one."

Ok, so that would be 17% +25 DM's bonus gives meeee...37%...and I needed 40. grrr.

grumble grumble 1st level thieves grumble grumble...

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Hunh?? 2d10+25%? That's just wrong, isn't it, SD? The +25% increases Raggs' chance to open the lock, adding it to his roll decreases his chance of success. And using the ENWorld built-in dice, a percentile roll is made with the d100 function, not 2d10. Typically, a percentile roll succeeds if it is equal to or less than the given chance, so a 17 on d% would succeed, but you didn't necessarily get that, you just got 2 d10 rolls that total 17. Try again, please? Oh, and if Raggs has a 40% open locks chance, he needs to roll 40 or less on d%. But don't forget the DM bonus.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Tower -- Orc Flesh! (Yuck)

While Raggs is still monkeying with the bar and trying unsuccessfully to move it out of the way from the outside, he hears a soft voice from the other side of the door say in a conspiratorial whisper, "Trying to sneak back in are you, SlyGut? You think none noticed when you didn't show up for your shift? I've half a mind to run you up to BlackGranite and claim the bounty he put on your worthless arse. Or maybe, just maybe, you're willing to offer me an even better deal if I keeps quiet? Heh, heh, heh, talk to me, "Sweet Meat." Let's us make a deal. *snif, snif* Where you been, anyway? You smell halfway like an elf!"

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs stops what he's doing, in the instinctual halfling "freeze if you get caught" reaction. He turns to look back at his companions with green eyes wide in a panicked "what do we do now?!" kind of look.

Not daring to say anything with someone listening at the other side, Raggs decides to bluff his way through (though going through the front gates of an apparently orc infested tower is probably not the wisest move -Raggs is not renowned for his wisdom).

Adopting the orcish tongue and trying to mumble as much as possible (having no idea what this "SlyGut's" voice sounds like) Raggs' hoarsely whispers, conspiratorially, "Just open the gate. Got lucky in the woods, last night. Saved ya a shank of elf-meat, if yer quick about it."

Then motions to his companions to be at the ready...and as quiet as possible. When/if he hears the bar begin to move, Raggs draws his short sword and readies to pounce on the unsuspecting guard.

<OOC: Would you like a roll for the deception? I'm not sure how that would work in 1e. I really hope not, considering Raggs heretofore luck with using his skills. hahaha. But lemme know.>

Leif

Adventurer
The Tower -- Orc Flesh! (Yuck)

"Now yer talkin' my language," says the orc, and Raggs clearly hears the bar being lifted from the door.

[OOC: I'm just going to assume that the rest of the party has joined Raggs at the door -- map given, and everyone can give me corrections to the coordinates where I show you by default. ]

[OOC: Also, clearly the orc's greed and hunger have overridden his (limited) wisdom about not opening doors for strangers.]

Attachments

• Player's Map - Tower 2.xls
    25.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs, similarly, will be ready to dart into the opened gate (under Simon's bowshot) and make a backstab, if he can, or just a straight attack. Fast and quiet as possible is what Raggs is sincerely hoping for.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases