Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Just as a reminder, since some folks seem to have forgotten and not checked the map for a reminder (AHEM!) -- Raggs, Iono, Amaya, and Ring all surround one orc (O5), while Simon is battling the other one (O3) alone.

OOC: Again. we wait only for Insight/Simon. We'll give him a bit to post.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Orc Battle in the Tower

OOC: Sorry, Insight, fixed post belolw to mention the proper weapon. *sigh* "What a collossal blunder!" - Raul Julia as 'Sandy' in 'Presumed Inncent.'

IC: Simon's mighty flail bashes the orc's skull again, this time sending its jaw sailing off its head and into the corner behind it. Simon knows that, if he had one, he could easily stick a fork in this orc, 'cause his a$$ is done! The orc collapses in a lifeless heap before the Ranger.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Sorry, Insight, fixed post belolw to mention the proper weapon. *sigh* "What a collossal blunder!" - Raul Julia as 'Sandy' in 'Presumed Inncent.'

IC: Simon's mighty flail bashes the orc's skull again, this time sending its jaw sailing off its head and into the corner behind it. Simon knows that, if he had one, he could easily stick a fork in this orc, 'cause his a$$ is done! The orc collapses in a lifeless heap before the Ranger.

Simon, mystified that his flail temporary changed into a sword :)p), swings his newly retransformed flail at the orc.

OOC: WOOHOO! Go Insight/Simon!

Leif

Adventurer
Orc Battle in the Tower

OOC: O5 has been surrounded by PCs for awhile now, and is still doing ok. Now if he could just start scoring some hits....

O5 swings at Amaya this time, not wanting the Warrior-Woman to feel left out or anything. The orc doesn't even come remotely close.

Heroes are up.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Having finished preening in the reflection of his shiny sharp short sword, Raggs is incensed at the attempted attack on his "elvin flower" and makes an angry jab [on O5]

OOC: Aaaaaand, Raggs is no help...again. I swear, this is the lamest/worst string of dice rolls I've had in a VERY long while...granted I'm not rolling actual dice...but STILL! Jeebuz! I seem to have contracted Simon's "single digits virus."

IC: "*grumble*mumble*no good*mumble*pig faced*grumble*mumble*"

Raggs cuts n' runs...er...um...'disengages from the combat.'

OOC: The "move/attack" or "attack/move" rules of AD&D escape me at the moment. He'll move [next round, I image. But if this round pleases the DM, that's fine. :D] to the door/side of the room with Simon...to keep an eye on that portal/"help" the ranger.

He'll peer through [if possible] and see if there're any more "guests" coming...try to close/wedge it shut somehow if there are...I think he has an iron spike in his pack if that's necessary...maybe he can use THAT effectively!

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Orc Battle in the Tower

OOC: As I recall AD&D combat rules, I think, a character can move up to half his/her regular movement allowance and still attack in the same round, and the oder of those two actions shouldn't matter. Raggs's movement is only hampered by the length of his legs, his regular movement rate being 6" or 60 feet per round. The problem here is that he is engaged in melee with the orc. Therefore, moving out of combat opens him to a free shot from the orc. He can avoid that by spending this round to "Fall Back Fighting" - only moving back one square to safely exit combat this round.

So, I'm thinking Raggs moves into W14 this round?

Iono, Simon, Amaya, and Ring still are up this round.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: As I recall AD&D combat rules, I think, a character can move up to half his/her regular movement allowance and still attack in the same round, and the oder of those two actions shouldn't matter. Raggs's movement is only hampered by the length of his legs, his regular movement rate being 6" or 60 feet per round. The problem here is that he is engaged in melee with the orc. Therefore, moving out of combat opens him to a free shot from the orc. He can avoid that by spending this round to "Fall Back Fighting" - only moving back one square to safely exit combat this round.

So, I'm thinking Raggs moves into W14 this round?

Works for me. :)

Insight

Adventurer
With renewed sense of purpose, and realizing that he does know how to use his flail after all, Simon stares down the remaining orc facing him. He girds himself and swings his steel implement at the creature...

OOC: Simon attacks O3.

Leif

Adventurer
NATURAL TWENTY FOR SIMON!! [sblock=New House Rule] Nat. 20's do double damage including all bonuses so that's 14hp damage to the orc![/sblock]

Simon exerts himself an extra measure to swing his already bloody flail and his deadly steel implement of orc-destruction smashes the orc's skull, splashing what little brain matter was inside across the walls of the corner.

Note that Raggs just withdrew from combat with the other orc this round in order to help Simon with his foe. So Raggs's round is wasted, it seems. sorry. :(

And then there was one.... Iono, Amaya, and Ring still are up!

Attachments

• Player's Map - Tower 7.xls
    26 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases