Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Iono

Iono is amused as he lets his little friend to speaks up, he eyes the woman, trying to judge her strength and might. He himself was thin and skinny, surely not a man that you can count of in a battle, but under the false impression, Iono held the power of arcane, the power that so little mastered in the Flannaes.

What business do you have in this dangerous land, surely a mistress like you do not search to be mugged by goblins or for her own death if she wasn’t so sure in her might of survival?

Lynda Lawless

First Post
steeldragons;5820395[COLOR=lime said:
[/COLOR]

"Well, my lithe woodland nymph, you have the distinct honor of meeting Iono the Great. And I..." Raggs reaches forward to take one of Amaya's hands and place a kiss upon it, "I am Raggoffol Tuftoes, expert adventurer and champion amongst hairfoots and men." he winks at the half-elf woman and offers a leering grin.

He does not return her hand as he explains, "But to friends and loves across the realms, amongst whom I trust I might soon count you, I am known as 'Raggs...the Brave.'"

"To be sure.....your courage is not found lacking," Amaya remarked as she pats Raggs hand trying to disengage her rather small one from underneath. "It would serve you well to keep that bravado as we are sure to cross swords with a good many natives, orcs in particular, that do not share your passion for the humorous. Nay, I would dare say, they would just as soon provide you with ventilation for that over-sized libido." With that said, Amaya raises one perfectly shaped eyebrow over her clear green eyes, as if to challenge this arrogant, yet oddly amusing halfling.
As if knowing that he was contemplating her, Amaya turns her gaze to Iono, sensing that there was more to him than his appearance belied. Just what his role in this partnership she was yet to determine, but, she could not help the strange feeling that this would be the traveling companion to stay close by his side if she were to survive.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"To be sure.....your courage is not found lacking," Amaya remarked as she pats Raggs hand trying to disengage her rather small one from underneath. "It would serve you well to keep that bravado as we are sure to cross swords with a good many natives, orcs in particular, that do not share your passion for the humorous. Nay, I would dare say, they would just as soon provide you with ventilation for that over-sized libido." With that said, Amaya raises one perfectly shaped eyebrow over her clear green eyes, as if to challenge this arrogant, yet oddly amusing halfling.
As if knowing that he was contemplating her, Amaya turns her gaze to Iono,

"Indeed, Mistress Amaya...indeed." Raggs guffaws and scoffs down the rest of his ale.

The halfling would-be hero turns to Simon and winks as he says under his breath, assuming Amaya can not hear him, without any hint of insincerity, "She likes me."

Leif

Adventurer
[OOC: You guys are a HOOT! Forget DMing, I'm just going to read this conversation for pleasure. Or maybe not?]

Leif

Adventurer
What the Heck is Going on Here, Anyway?

The party of adventurers: the sly and quiet Iono, the noble and overly chivalrous Simon, and the happy and easily underestimated Raggs, seemed glad to befriend Amaya. They all knew that they could certainly use another good sword arm on their present mission, which was to trace the source of strength of the improbably doughty Granite Jaw tribe of Stone Giants. Their clues had led them to GougeEye's band of orcs, and GougeEye himself had led them here. If not for meeting Amaya, the trip to this tavern would have been a complete waste of time. They were sure that GougeEye would meet a healer of some kind on this trip. But now they had let GougeEye elude them and leave some minutes ago. Perhaps they could gain his trail again, else they would have to wait for another opportunity. If they could find and cut-off the Granite Jaws' source of healing, then maybe, just maybe, the Principality of Ulek would be able to turn back the invading force of orcs and hobgoblins led by Granite Jaw Stone Giant captains.

They knew they were skating on awfully thin ice by doing this: If the Granite Jaw Giants became aware of them and their snooping, then their plan might just lead to them having to do full-out battle with the giants themselves, and those were not favorable odds for the adventurers.

OOC: Can we work with this?

OOC: Everyone receives 150 Experience Points for a successful first encounter! The party made contact with a second warrior to help them in their quest, and resisted the temptation to engage GougeEye in combat directly. I'll be keeping up with everyone's experience in Post #2 of the Rogues' Gallery.

OOC: Can that even be right? A first level party spoiling for a fight with GIANTS? Simon suicidal much?

Iono

Iono nods to the goblin wench and drive her away as she brings another round of drink to him and Raggs. He then addresses Amaya
Tell me, who was the Orc you and Simon spoke to? We are on the track of an Orc followed by the name GougeEye as tales are told that he might somehow be connected to a group of giants which hold hordes of treasure.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
<OOC: Sounds good to me. I don't see a problem with that proposed adventure...Raggs, in particular, will be most interested in finding this giant's horde of treasure" Iono had mentioned before. Very possibly the reason the halfling started trailing along with the mysterious wizard in the first place.>

<Back IC>
Raggs leaves the table, along with his short bow and quiver, though still has his blades on his sheathed on his belt, to go to the bar for a bit of attempted recon with the proprietress.

He slaps his mug on the bar and easily hoists himself up onto one of the sturdy orc-sized barstools to plop himself down and offers the bar matron a "starry eyed" grin.

"So, that Gougy-eyed guy's a bit of a trouble maker is he?" he takes a casual gulp of the ale.

"May I say, matron, you run an upstanding establishment here. It is refreshing to see one so lovely can also possess such strength and command of her patrons. And your ale is top notch. Mmm. Best in the Pomarj, if I do say so. Do you brew it here?" Raggs says with as buttery a tongue as he might toward the utterly repulsive orcish woman.<OOC: if you want me to make a Cha. roll of something for this, let me know. Otherwise, just know Raggs is trying to get as much info about GougeEye out of the female orc as possible./OOC>

"Tell me, good matron, does he get thrown out of many taverns in town? We had a bloke like that back in my village. Poor guy got thrown outta every inn he walked into. Does he live somewhere about here or passing through?" he smiles.

"Where do you suppose he might be off to, to cause more of his disruption? I'd hate to have that one interfere with my good time, again." Raggs again takes a casual drink, attempting to give the indication that he is unconcerned by whatever answers he receives. "Mm. Yes. Good ale."

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

<OOC: Ooops! Sorry about that! Was trying to edit and quote and ended up with two posts the same. Can't promise it won't happen again, but, will certainly try not to let it.>

Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Iono's quote:"Tell me, who was the Orc you and Simon spoke to? We are on the track of an Orc followed by the name GougeEye as tales are told that he might somehow be connected to a group of giants which hold hordes of treasure."

"'Tis him that you seek! That mangey excuse for an orc is GougeEye himself. I was trying to relieve him of some of his treasure when I was interrupted by your ranger friend there. And I would have too! He is urgently attempting to fortify his arms, I know not why, but, I do see the chance to make a dollar and possibly enjoy some excitement in the process." Amaya nodded toward Simon, a slight edge to her voice, she was still not sure that she was ready to "forgive and forget" that he had lost her that sale, and she was in sore need of funds, as her last customer, was not a paying one.

"I hear tales that GougeEye has laid store to quite a treasure, and there are rumors that those who have been foolish enough to venture toward it have been met with the wrong end of a sword, or worse. "
Amaya pushes her chair back and rises to address the group one more time, straightening her bastard sword and checking around the room for any unwanted ears.

"of course, that could just be an old fishwife's tale, as for me, I say, bring on the adventure, bring on the treasure and GougeEye should best beware! You may sit here and carouse with the "barmaid"if that is what you wish, I say, strike while the iron's hot.....there's an orc out there and he is in sore need of some relief from the burden of his treasure."

"I sense a fair amount of distaste in your mouth when you talk of giants..... methinks there might be a story there somewhere. Tell us, before we are on our way, if you will."

Leif

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC for Lynda Lawless]
[MENTION=6689334]Lynda Lawless[/MENTION]
Money in D&D is "GOLD". There is no "dollar". You can edit your post below and fix it if you want...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases