Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Tower of Orcs

The latch seems to turn as freely as any of the others you have used in this tower. Simon actuates the latch enough to make this determination without moving the latch past its 'point of no return' to open the door fully just yet.

Insight

Adventurer
The latch seems to turn as freely as any of the others you have used in this tower. Simon actuates the latch enough to make this determination without moving the latch past its 'point of no return' to open the door fully just yet.

Simon opens the door to see what is beyond.

Leif

Adventurer
Tower of Orcs

Simon opens the door to reveal a long, narrow room that extends the full length of this side of the tower and continues around the two visible corners. In the room immediately in front of you are three orcs, and you can barely see at least one more orc around the corner in the eastern end of the room. The orcs in front of you are near arrow slits, and look out occasionally.

Attachments

• Player's Map - Tower16.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 109

Insight

Adventurer
Simon opens the door to reveal a long, narrow room that extends the full length of this side of the tower and continues around the two visible corners. In the room immediately in front of you are three orcs, and you can barely see at least one more orc around the corner in the eastern end of the room. The orcs in front of you are near arrow slits, and look out occasionally.

Simon quietly draws and knocks his shortbow. He takes aim at the nearest orc (O2) and fires.

OOC: Simon has a 50% chance to surprise the orcs, so I'm trying to roll under 50, I guess?

Simon gets 2 shots with his shortbow, so I'll roll them now.

Leif

Adventurer
Tower of Orcs

OOC: In 1E we roll surprise on a d6, and surprise is idicated if you roll a 1 or a 2 normally. There's no chance that you can be surprised here, so let me just check and see if the orcs are surpriosed, and if so, how much. The party has 3 segments of surprise, and each character can attack in each segment s if it were a full round. So,if Simon wants to continue missile fire, he's got up to four more arrows to shoot. Other characters may prefer to close rapidly and engage in melee, which may inhibit Simon's missile fre, or not, we shall see. Let's go ahead and resolve the first surprise segment for everyone. Simon fires arrows in the first surprise segment. The others? [Also note that acting in a surprise segment does not lessen the cassting time for any spells that Iono may wish to cast.]

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Sorry for the slight "absence"/lack of posting. Been a bit crazy here. Hoping it will be calmed down a bit now...for the remainder of the month, at least.

ICL Raggs happily follows Iono's "instruction" to gather up (and pocket ;) ) the coinage from the orcs.

Before Simon throws the door over, when he indicates the orcs on the other side of the door, Raggs will switch to his own short bow.

He'll move around/passed (?) Simon to AI-29 and take a few pot shots at O3 in his first segment of surprise.

OOC: Raggs gets +2 to hit with his bow due to high Dexterity. I did NOT (couldn't recall if I should) add in his +1 to damage from Strength. If I'm remembering correctly, it doesn't apply to missile weapons...or that may just have been how we houseruled it a hundred years ago. So if it does, in fact, apply to missile attacks also, please add that in.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Tower of Orcs

OOC: You remember correctly, sd. Dex applies to all missiles, but str is only added to THROWN missiles, not bows or crossbows, unless you have a specially constructed "strength bow," which is a much more difficult bow to draw that is either made of supremely stout wood or is a laminate bow of stout wood and horn. A strength bow will be so hard to draw that it gives a user a penalty of -2 'to hit' for each point of strength his Str is below the Str for which the bow is designed. A PH 'composite' bow is a lesser Str bow that requires a 10 Str to use without penalty. [Eg.- A bow designed for a 16 Str is fully usable by someone with an 18 Str, but only allows the addition of the bonus for 16 Str even if the user's Str is higher than 16, and will give a penalty of -4 'to hit' to someone with a 14 Str. Yes, this would seem to be (partially) a house rule. :) ]

ooc: the other characters are still up. :)

Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

Amaya takes an arrow out of her quiver and places it in her crossbow. Taking aim at O2, she fires her crossbow. After firing once, she quickly grabs another arrow and fires again.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases