Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Since OOC/IC doesn't matter anymore, I'll jsut put this here...

No judgements, of course. However, as I mentioned in the other thread (suspiciously missing, last I checked)...

My decision was not intended to invoke any "hard feelings." But if you are telling yourself, and the rest of the folks here, that this thread's demise is somehow a result of my actions, then I think there may be.

The facts are you were "running" 6 games. 2 of them, this and your Alpha 1e game, were and had been going no where for several weeks. I understand your laptop died and that caused a problem. Totally understandable. Life stuff happens, as regrettable as it is... We all know this and that kinda thing really is no one's "fault." Part of the normal course of the hobby. Everyone was ready, willing, and on board to "reboot" both games, as you'd suggested...and we waited...while it was apparently no problem to post in the other (non-1e) games with your name on them. And the 1e Gamma thread got started, after months of trying to get it started in the first place, and had subsequently begun stalling also.

Obviously very few people have the time to post on a daily basis. I'm certainly not saying I need a post/the game needs to continue every day...but after 2, 3, 4 days?..then a week goes by...then 2 weeks...4...8?! With maybe a "hang on, I'm coming" message, "we'll get there soon"...and then 10 more days go by after that...which quickly become 2 weeks...and it continues.

Bare in mind, I am the EMPEROR SUPERIOR of Procrastination! I totally know how it happens...and do/have done it regularly in areas all throughout my life. I know full well how time can "get away' from one, especially since being in Andorra where time moves something akin to the Land of Faerie. But you can't run a D&D game that way...even online.

I simply believe the facts are, in your exuberance and love of the game, you are/have/had spread yourself too thin to give adequate attention to so many games.

The facts are that I am/was also hoping, that by "freeing you up" from the games that there was no involvement with will provide more time to involve yourself in the remaining games...including the Gamma 1e which I am happy to also/continue to be a part, as long as that keeps going, also.

It is a bit contradictory, in retrospect, since there was no time being used to play them, it stands to reason that no time will actually be saved/gained. But it was my initial thought/reason for retiring my characters from the nonexistent Alpha and Beta games.

The facts are, there was no game here...or in the Alpha game. I didn't have to stop playing because for the past 2 months or more, we were not playing in the first place. So I chose to remove myself from them. How that necessitates "pulling the plug" I don't understand since I am not the sole player in either of these games...unless, I mean, these other fellas and ladies are just faux profiles to keep me from feeling all alone! lol. But I doubt that. ;)

I'll repeat: "As I said before [in the gamma thread], my actions were not intended to invoke any "hard feelings." But if you are telling yourself, and the rest of the folks here, that this thread's demise is somehow a result of my actions, then I think there may be."

If so, I am sorry and that is unfortunate since I do enjoy playing and chatting with you. You're a fun and fair DM, Leif, and I've come to believe an all around nice guy...when you're actually here to play. I understand PbP is a different animal than "in person table top", and we're [none of us, I don't think] in high school anymore, i.e. we don't have hours and hours or entire weekends to devote to playing. But if there's no time for posts to move the game along for multiple weeks...multiple months?!...but there is time to post in other games, then what kind of game is it we have going here, exactly?

Again, "[Not judgements, just reporting the facts.]"

Happy Wednesday.
--SD

Last edited by a moderator:

Leif

Adventurer
I wish you good gaming, calm seas, and fair weather, steeldragons. May you find what you desire.

I will, however, point out one little hiccup in your high-handed logic: You were the only person playing in all of my AD&D games, and only you and Strahd were in more than one, I think. By deciding which games could continue and which were scrapped, you took it upon yourself to end the games of several players who had done absolutely nothing to deserve such treatment, and no, the games were not over already. I have neither the desire nor the obligation to justify myself to you. As DM, the game(s) operate(s) according to MY schedule, not yours. Your acceptable recourse is to leave any game that no longer suits you, not arbitrarily spoil games of your own choosing for all the other players. As near as I can figure it, your motivations for these actions were purely self-serving. So, cheers, indeed!

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I wish you good gaming, calm seas, and fair weather, steeldragons. May you find what you desire.

And to you. I do hope we'll be able to game again some time. Your post in the gamma thread seems to indicate I should be "removing myself" from there also...which is a shame. But good gaming and, again, thanks for the adventure.

I will, however, point out one little hiccup in your high-handed logic: You were the only person playing in all of my AD&D games, and only you and Strahd were in more than one, I think.

I don't believe this is a "hiccup" to my logic. This somehow impedes your ability to continue play with the other 2 players and 2 more NPCs (Ring and now Amaya)? How exactly? That's a 4 character party (Iono, Simon, Ring and Amaya). No reason at all you couldn't continue with them.

By deciding which games could continue and which were scrapped,

That is an inaccurate assessment. I decided which games I would continue to be a part of or not...which you state outright to be my right! My leaving, whether I am in 1 game of yours or 100, in no way "scraps" the whole game.(...unless, I suppose, if I were the only player. But we know that's not so in these cases.)

you took it upon yourself to end the games of several players who had done absolutely nothing to deserve such treatment,

Noooo. I took it upon myself to remove my characters from the games. As you note, also below, YOU are the DM. I can not "end the games."

and no, the games were not over already.

I did not make them "over." I simply removed myself. You have plenty of characters and players to continue.

I have neither the desire nor the obligation to justify myself to you.

I don't believe anyone asked you too. The "why" you had not moved the game along is irrelevant to the fact [my decision was based on] that the game was not moving for [what I felt was] more than an acceptable amount of time. All I did was make my choice about my continued involvement. The choice for everyone else? You made that.

As DM, the game(s) operate(s) according to MY schedule, not yours.

Right. So, again, how is it I ended the games? How is it I ruined it for the other players? And if you are not operating the game, then it stands to reason there is [at the time] no game to operate.

Your acceptable recourse is to leave any game that no longer suits you,

Which I did.

not arbitrarily spoil games of your own choosing for all the other players.

Which I did not.

Again, how is it you can not continue with the other players? Because I was in 3 games, I have some mystical guillotine control?! Here or in the Alpha game. I am/was 1 PC in a group of 4 or 5 each. I chose nothing as far as the other players are concerned. I did not cancel the games on them or say they can't possibly continue.

As near as I can figure it, your motivations for these actions were purely self-serving.

Yes. I removed some [I thought pretty neat] characters who were floating around in limbo not being used and removed myself from a game that I wasn't willing to wait around for any longer. These are, in fact, self-serving reasons...I no longer wanted [my pcs] to be floating around in limbo. So, as I believed was fairly common practice (and certainly didn't imagine it would be this big of a deal), I bowed out...which you just said was my "acceptable recourse." So what's/where's the issue?

So, cheers, indeed!

Sorry you seem to be so upset by this. I will, of course, remove myself from the Gamma thread as well since it seems obvious you will continue to believe this is somehow "my fault" and I've somehow ended your games.

Maybe some time, down the road, we can play together again. I am truly sorry you feel this way.

Ciao, all. Happy gaming.

Leif

Adventurer
No. I took it upon myself to remove my characters from the games. As you note, also below, YOU are the DM. I can not "end the games." I did not make them "over." I simply removed myself. You have plenty of characters and players to continue.
Ahh, fair enough, I suppose. My issue was with the manner of the 'removal' botching up the IC thread and everything, but it's nothing. Still, the bad taste persists, so I don't think more will be forthcoming for this game.

We're ok, DeWar, but thanks for your concern. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases