Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya

Amaya raises her shield, sets her feet in the dirt and braces herself for the orc's coming blow. She knows one thing about orcs, they may be big, and they may be stupid....but they are definitely strong and almost never back down from a fight. If she is to come out the better for this encounter, she has got to use her faithful bastard sword. Its gotten her out of many a scrap and this looks like a good one here.
The blow delivered, knocks Amaya to one knee, the shield grinding into her shoulder....she rolls away to her right, uprights herself...bastard sword in her lefthand, shield in her right, her stance ready to attack, and then she lets loose an ear piercing war cry.
"AaaaEEEEyyyeeeAaayyyyeeeeeeYa!" She charges full on, bastard sword flashing in the light as she strikes, plunging her sword toward the orc's mid-section. The orc dodges and Amaya misses on her attack, still dazed from the orc's previous hit.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Still awaiting an action for Simon. I'll try to update tomorrow, regardless. Hopefully everyone will get all their turns in....

Insight

Adventurer
Simon steps slightly away from the hapless orc and draws his footman's flail. With elven fury sewn in a lifetime of dealing with such creatures, the ranger hefts his weapon at the orc.

Leif

Adventurer
A Ravine Near Highport, Pomarj

Simon and Amaya have little luck dispatching their respective foes this round, while Raggs scores a very tellling blow on the orc he faces and fells the creature! (Raggs has put down THREE orcs so far this fight!)

The orcs facing Simon and Amaya are also unable to connect.

OOC: Players are up again!

Attachments

• Orcs in the Woods 5.xls
    12 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Simon and Amaya have little luck dispatching their respective foes this round, while Raggs scores a very tellling blow on the orc he faces and fells the creature!

OOC: WOOHOO!

(Raggs has put down THREE orcs so far this fight!)

OOC: Credit where it's due, Leif, but I think I've only done in 2 of the orcs (#s 2 & 3). I believe O1 was taken out by Iono's magic missle, possibly with a little help from Simon's first arrow...but maybe just Iono.

The orcs facing Simon and Amaya are also unable to connect.

OOC: Players are up again!

Raggs re-shoulders his shield and dives into the underbrush between him and the orc attacking Amaya. [Moving to AE-33. Will that count as a "backstab" or do I need to go to AD-34? I'll do that, if necessary.]

The muscled hairfoot monkey-grips his short sword and makes ready to dive in with a backstab attack.

(OOC: he's in the brush, not in anyone's direct vision right? If not, I'll just attack as normal.

I'll wait for what you want rolls for before adding them: if i need a "Move Silent" or something? Whether I can attack as a backstab or not since that all has different modifiers?/OOC)

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Considering that the orc is in melee combat now, I don't see why a 'move silently' roll is necessary. Go ahead and backstab, but you need to do so from the creature's 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Considering that the orc is in melee combat now, I don't see why a 'move silently' roll is necessary. Go ahead and backstab, but you need to do so from the creature's 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock.

OOC: Muchos Gracias! AE-34 it is then.

+1 for strength +4 for backstab. YES! 3 x 2=6. /OOC

"RAAAAR! Eat my furry-footed...steel, sludgesucker!"
Raggs exclaims as he sinks his short sword deep into the back-side of the orc attacking Amaya. He takes a moment to peek around the brute as he yanks out his weapon and adds, "You ok, my elvish delight? These green-snouts are not to be trifled with." with a wink at the warrior-woman.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
A Ravine Near Highport, Pomarj

OOC: [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION], I'm putting Raggs in AE34. By my count, he expends 20 feet of movement getting there, so, let's see, reverting to AD&D movement rules, a halfling moves at 6" with negligible encumbrance as I recall, and I also remember a rule about you only being able to move half of your per round movement allowance and still attack, so that's up to 30 feet that Raggs can move and still attack. If he moves diagonally to the SW two squares to AF34 that much movement only uses ten feet of his 30 feet allowance. Entering the difficult terrain of AE34 uses up another ten feet of allowance and gets him into position with ten feet of movement allowance to spare, and this puts him in AE34.

IC: Raggs steps up and gives the orc facing Amaya an "eighteen-inches-of-steel enema" which brings his "Career of Evil"* to an abrupt end.

OOC: Simon, Amaya, and Iono are up, and I should point out that I'm using the rule that Characters can move through squares containing either allies or dead/incapacitated enemies with no hindrance whatsoever, they just can't stop there.

* Gratuitous reference to Blue Oyster Cult. The song "Career of Evil" appears on their 3rd album, Secret Treaties, I believe from 1973, but may have been 1974 or even 1975. No, it was '73, but it may have been just their second studio album. *shrug*

OOC: Made slight edit to map @ 7:15am 3/10/2012

Attachments

• Orcs in the Woods 5-and-a-half.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
"You ok, my elvish delight? These green-snouts are not to be trifled with." with a wink at the warrior-woman.

"Well, well....if it isn't my hero....what took you so long?"

Amaya looks at Raggs, wiping the perspiration from her brow....glad to see him, but, not about to let him know that. He was mighty handy to have around when there was trouble, she was finding out, and...... not a bad swordsman at that, for a hairy 'ol half-ling that is.
Amaya then advances to AD33, is now standing shoulder to shoulder with Simon, dropping her shield, she grips her bastard sword with both hands and swings to slash the orc in his tracks.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases