Intellectual Property needing the RPG treatment

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was eating brunch today with my family, and over my Mom's shoulder was a TV airing Kung Fu Panda (the series) on Nick.

There was no sound, but as it kept catching my eye, I had to conclude that this show would make an AWESOME family-oriented RPG. There are others I could think of, of course, but I haven't had that kind of instant reaction in a while.

Any shows or movies strike YOU that way?

Kaodi

Hero
I do not know. There are probably a ton of television shows that would make for decent RPG settings if they just had the right sort of mechanics. The thing is though... a lot of television shows basically portray things that RPGs are supposed to be able to portray anyway. Well, at least a lot of Japanese shows, anyway. But certainly the less wacky of the action oriented Western ones as well.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
For a while, Garthanos (another poster) and I were creating characters from various mediums as characters in D&D. I actually happened to make Po for D&D 4e.

Anyway, if you google D&D Character Creations malcolm_n, you can probably find a bunch (guyver, hulk, thor, to name a couple). They're also on my 4shared page. Here's Po, in case you're wondering. I made them at 26 on average, but they can all be scaled down as needed.

On a related note, we've got a project kicking around right now that'll likely see its start toward June. I can't give out much, but it would be right up your alley if you like family oriented RPG stuff.

Attachments

• Kung Fu Panda.pdf
    691.5 KB · Views: 111

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
X-Files/Millennium/Lone Gunmen, done with Gumshoe.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, done as a supplement to Mongoose Traveller.

The Harry Potter series (I know, I know, but that was a very long time ago that she said that, well before, for instance, she licensed a theme park) done with, I don't know ... True20?

Elf Witch

First Post
Every time I watch Grimm I think this could be a cool game.

Right now I am reading Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series and I would love to play in a world with elementals at your beck and call.

I always thought a game based on V would be fun the whole Resistance versus alien invaders had potential to be fun.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases