Ruvalra, Goddess of Harvest and Hunt

soulnova

Explorer
That's actually very interesting and Thalina certainly has some similarities with the Lady of the Lake. Qik, GlassEye those ideas sound great. How long ago was the Tree destroyed?

I had planned out that the three of them had been around for about 200 years, with Thalina being the most recently recognized (maybe just decades ago), but I would definitely like to build up around existent lore.

I'll try to read up the adventure to see what else I can catch. :3

Qik

First Post
Well, I'm certainly not trying to write your deities story for you, but perhaps Thalina started to emerge prior to the death of the Lady of Lake Laguna? From what you've written, Thalina seems to have emerged gradually, coalescing from stories, children's laughter, etc, into a true being. Perhaps the spirit of the Lady somehow provided the catalyst for the deification of these stories/assorted spiritual interventions?

Just an idea; YMMV. :)

soulnova

Explorer
Yes... actually, now that I read the introduction of the Lady's adventure, it almost seems like the three of them are aspects of the Lady. Healing-Amenthia; Nature-Ruvalra; Children-Thalina. Huh.

It would be easy to relate them but I believe that in any case I would need Deuce Traveler input on her. Maybe he already has something in store.

Uhm... how can I make a mention for him in a post? Well, in the mean time I'll pm him. ;)

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION]

That's it? And here I've been typing the whole [MENTION] and [/MENTION] tags every time.

Soulnova, be forewarned: the characters in that adventure were given a lot of misinformation in order to deflect them from Pan's true purpose. And I talked with Deuce Traveler some time ago since I had planned to run a follow-up adventure (time constraints; it never happened) and he didn't have any further plans of his own for the area or the Lady.

The adventure Lady of Lake Laguna began a little over a year ago. I've been operating on the assumption that time outside adventures roughly follows real time (not an official assumption, by the way) which would make it a year since the tree burnt.

I like the ideas that have been presented so far.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Glasseye mentioned before, the Lady of Lake Laguna was a minor deity and dryad who was killed by Pan's machinations. Pan is now free, and although he is evil he is not twisted and may be an aid or antagonist to future parties depending upon his own goals. Glasseye and I were planning to do a future adventure where a proper tree would be replanted in order to bring a new powerful dryad to act as the new Lady of Lake Laguna. In my imaginings, I had the thought of that some very rare dryads were born with special healing powers and were of special concern in the dryad community when such powers manifested since they were also hunted by less scrupulous men as sources of powerful spell components or potions of youth. I could imagine such a young dryad manifesting her powers in a hostile land, perhaps a sparse and snow-covered mountain top. Since other dryads can't easily project themselves to her protection, they seek out a party of adventurers to unearth her sapling tree and restore it to a land that can better provide protection... such as Lake Laguna. There is a certain boy in Lake Laguna that Pan beat up before who would be the perfect priest and protector for her... The nearby village folk would also have a great interest in her protection.

I like the idea of the Lady being connected to soulnova's healing deity or to all three of the female deities he has created. Perhaps the Lady is the avatar to one of the deities, and can be replaced if killed. So one dryad is replaced by another and is infused with the deity's earthly essence. Perhaps when the recent Lady was killed, that essence found a new home in a young and endangered dryad who needs a hero or six.

These are some of my ideas off the top of my head.

soulnova

Explorer
That's a really compelling idea. :D I would love to see it turning out that way.

In any case, seems like I still need a couple of more thumbs up for both of them to be accepted into the wiki. Or are they good now?

GlassEye

Adventurer
I think we're good with leaving the connection to the Lady of Lake Laguna up in the air. That allows for the possibility of a follow-up adventure if someone should be so inclined. (As an aside, the direction I wanted to take with the 'replacement' was totally different that the direction Deuce mentioned above!)

I don't see any glaring issues with the mechanics.

Amenthia & Thalina: YES.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases