Regional Mapping

soulnova

Explorer
Heh, I actually had an excel file with conversion from days to miles for traveling (walking, horses or boat). Although it was made for 3.5 and I haven't really checked if there's any difference with Pathfinder.

I had a vague notion of 150 miles, which would make it about a week (give or take a day for weather, resting the horses, etc). No need to mark the Crypt, I think; although it's a couple of days march away, it's fairly well attached to Haatse.

Heh, 150 miles is like going from Washington to Philadelphia. It makes you appreciate our modern luxuries, right?

Now that I think of, that map is 3000 miles across, right? That's almost Russia's size. xD The complete map should be massive!

Satin Knights

First Post
I was looking at using MapTool to create the map. I have a server I can drop that onto no problem. I found scripting to change token sizes, so part one of my conundrum is easy. The second is not. I need a function of "if scale is > n grids per x display pixels. The reason is currently, as one scales the map, items disappear quickly. If we could do city marker =1 square when scale = 1-5 square, marker = 5 squares when scale = 6-25 square, ...
so that the pin markers for cities and major landmarks still show up.

This might work, or be killed by the possibility that different viewers see different scales at the same time. I have only been playing with it for three days, so I haven't seen all the interactions yet.

Plan B: Choice color coding in city backgrounds of concentric circles can fake the result.

jkason

First Post
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION], any info you have about Martna (particularly location & size) that you can share would be great. I know you're running my character through an adventure there at the moment so I understand if you can't say anything yet.

I have a full entry for Martna set to add to the wiki for after the adventure, but you're right, am holding onto that since it involves elements of the not-completed adventure.

For your purposes, though, I do have the stat block:

Region The Ouhm River
Size Small City (base GP 4000)
Demographics Human, Halfling, Other
Government Meritocracy
Alignment Chaotic Good

On location, I didn't have anything specifically picked out, though I don't think it's in the Chasm at all. Right about where that river running out of Tal Hallow intersects it (I can't tell if that's the Ouhm, or the river it's intersecting is) seems about right on an instinctual level; I added Halfling pirates, after all, and though I only created one halfling NPC, I sort of assumed there was a farily significant Halfling presence. I wouldn't think it should be right on top of Tal Hollow, but close enough that emigrants from the homeland might naturally land there when they get tired of wandering.

Hope that helps. Obviously from all the improv I had to do at the start of your adventure, geography isn't my strongest suit, so I don't have a hard-coded location for it, just ideas about how it fits into the landscape, as it were.

GlassEye

Adventurer
On location, I didn't have anything specifically picked out, though I don't think it's in the Chasm at all. Right about where that river running out of Tal Hallow intersects it (I can't tell if that's the Ouhm, or the river it's intersecting is) seems about right on an instinctual level; I added Halfling pirates, after all, and though I only created one halfling NPC, I sort of assumed there was a farily significant Halfling presence. I wouldn't think it should be right on top of Tal Hollow, but close enough that emigrants from the homeland might naturally land there when they get tired of wandering.

There are a couple of interesting points about that location, imo. First, that's a low point in the landscape and about 100 miles onwards the Ouhm starts rising up into the mountains to pass through the Chasm. That low point also makes it a natural gateway to Rorn and the lands of the Horselords beyond and very viable as a crossroads of trade for them and countries to the north. Sounds about ideal to me! Thanks for the info, jkason; I'll add it to the map asap.

jkason

First Post
Ah, and while I have the adventure stats for Kostry Kopec on hand, here's what I have on that:

Kostry Kopec

Small City standard government (mayor); AL N

Population 9,200

Alignment: Neutral

Ruler: Mayor Yrehgg (human male)

An Inner Sea port city in Heth, I was placing it actually just at the lower end of your map, at the apex of the little 'bay' at the southern end of the Inner Sea. I may have gotten myself in a bit of a pickle in that I assumed there was some kind of water route that could get someone from the Inner Sea to either the Ouhm or the ocean for water-based trade with Venza, but it's not really essential to the adventure and doesn't even come into play until after everything's over and done with.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Yeah, a water route from the Inner Sea to the Ouhm or the ocean seems unlikely. :erm: If you need a trading partner, Rorn or the Horselords seems a more logical choice. Does it have to be a water route?

EDIT: Kostry Kopec added to the map. Just don't have the latest map uploaded yet.

jkason

First Post
Yeah, a water route from the Inner Sea to the Ouhm or the ocean seems unlikely. :erm: If you need a trading partner, Rorn or the Horselords seems a more logical choice. Does it have to be a water route?

Not really. I mentioned a ship, but the ship can be just one part of the route, so I think it's fine. Thanks much for the help.

Qik

First Post
In looking at GE's (fantastically useful and much-needed) map, I was wondering: are Irthos and the Sethir Mountains within the locations pictured but not marked? Based on what I've read, my guess is that the Sethir Mountains would be between Tritower and K'issp. Or are they further south, near the Great Chasm?

jkason

First Post
In looking at GE's (fantastically useful and much-needed) map, I was wondering: are Irthos and the Sethir Mountains within the locations pictured but not marked? Based on what I've read, my guess is that the Sethir Mountains would be between Tritower and K'issp. Or are they further south, near the Great Chasm?

According to this map, most of the Seithr, and all of Irthos, are south of what's shown. It's what comes up when you click the "Eastern Continent" link on the general geography page in the wiki:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110920182906/livingpf/images/a/af/E'n_(Political).jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases