Broken NDAs or Elaborate Trolls?

voleki

First Post
Trevor Kidd did not say that is wasn't their product, only it did not LOOK like their product.

Splitting hairs? Maybe. But devil is in the details.

nedjer

Adventurer
Just got my hands on the pizza boxes Monte Cook and Mike Mearls doodled on while finalising the plans for 5e. I've combined that level of insight with examining the intestines of a goat, and I now know exactly how 5e plays:

the win PC class is that old favourite the dancing swordfish
there's now a fair split with 50/50 good/evil monsters - neutrality is not an option
all players at the table must hold hands or cradle a cuddly toy at all times - or suffer an emotional isolation penalty
skill checks are made by attempting the skill live at the table
the game only works if all the dice are pink

Obviously this is 100% reliable and great for everyone - except the goat.

talien

Community Supporter
Trevor Kidd did not say that is wasn't their product, only it did not LOOK like their product.

Splitting hairs? Maybe. But devil is in the details.

I'm part of the same friends & family playtest. Let me back Trevor up here but put it less politely: the post on the Giant in the Playground forums is an elaborate troll.

I'm part of the same friends & family playtest. Let me back Trevor up here but put it less politely: the post on the Giant in the Playground forums is an elaborate troll.

This statement leads to a problem. Now you say 1 of 2 is wrong, so does that mean the other one is right, and true? Before anyone answers keep in mind that if you confirm or denie that one it just opens up the "Well you have to answer everyone"

It may not have been in WotC best intrest to coment on any of this...

nedjer

Adventurer
I respectable disagree, we already have People in this very thread picking at Trevor's words. His lack of comment on a second leak looks strange, and to some the absents of a denial is conformation

Clearly proving beyond any doubt that the total lack of a reply to my pizza/ goat-based theory means we'd better start hoarding pink dice like yesterday. Did I mention there's a power-up if the dice are fluffy.

Or, perhaps they've tired of hand-waving firebomb threads based on a complete refusal to read what they've said they plan to do. This would be good as they might be spending the time on the game - though, clearly, not as good as making players roll fluffy pink d20s.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I respectable disagree, we already have People in this very thread picking at Trevor's words. His lack of comment on a second leak looks strange, and to some the absents of a denial is conformation

I didn't mean "Not denying it does not make it true."

I meant "You do not have to answer everyone just because you answer someone."

It doesn't matter if we have people on this thread picking at Trevor's words. He might feel like making a statement on the subject, but he has no reason to speak on it either way.

Estlor

Explorer
Well, you can take Trevor's silence one of two ways.

Either it means that info was legit... or it means knowledge of it never spread far enough for WotC to deem it worthy of a response.

Honestly, the important thing to keep in mind is, if true, this is just a description of ONE particular version of unfinished DDN rules, rules which very likely have undergone some revisions/refinement since January.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases